Leslie Sansone September 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers! It is almost September, and time to be thinking about a new monthly challenge! Autumn is around the corner and the hot sultry days of summer will soon be a distant memory, or maybe not.... depending on where one lives. Having Leslie's or other walking DVDs to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors.

This group is open to any and all walkers, the majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs, count too. However you get your walk in, join us! And if you have some fun trails to walk or hike post them because it ALL counts :happy: .

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you find this group in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are always welcome!

So tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know :smile: . So please share if you would care to.
With the cooler days maybe even a hike or two will show up here for some of our outdoor enthusiasts :happy: .

Come on in and let us start walking the September 2014 challenge together :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting us started Mary.

I'm shooting for 70 miles this month. 2essie put out the "add 10 % next month" challenge so I'm upping my game.

It's been humbling and inspiring to watch every ones progress.

Let's keep walking strong!! :wink:
  • _gwendolyn_
    Options
    My goal is 28 miles a week/112 miles total.
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have been slacking on my walking and need to get back into it so maybe this will get me back on track.
    I'm going to shoot for 50 miles this month, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't hit it. hears to a more active month!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this month. I was going to go back to 80, but I think I will back it off to 70 as I want to get back into some strength training this fall. That sometimes makes me too sore to "Walk Strong" so 70 miles for me beginning tomorrow!!! :happy:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Well done Ann for upping your goal. Did I really say 10% more this month? It was one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time lol.:laugh:

Anyway, never to be one to back out of a challenge (at least one I have called), I am adding 10% to my goal last month which brings me to 165 miles for the month.:noway: If anyone wants to join Ann, Pinkypan and myself (yes, I haven't fogotten Pinkypan lol) , please add your own percentage. Even if it is only 1%. That way we keep moving forward.

So, 165 for me this time.:sad:

Come on people , pick up those..........feet, feet, feet
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    my first goal was 150, my second was 250. I walked 374 miles last month. I have a wedding and vacation this month so not sure what I will be able to get in so with the 10% I will set my goal for 165 and 275.

Happy Walking!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am excited for the September challenge and I will up my miles by an additional 10 % which brings me to 154 miles. Today being Sept 1 is a rest day for me. Tomorrow I will get my walk on. I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures and my fingers are crossed that we perhaps have a early fall. The heat and humidity of August was more than enough for me. Walk strong and walk proud my friends.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I slacked off toward the middle of last month and missed my goal :sad: My total for the month was: 36/50

I'm going to try again for 50 miles this month.

Happy Walking Everyone!
  • lidenalex
    Options
    I'll shoot for 100 miles.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to keep up with my minutes too... maybe that will be an additional motivation.

Goal 70 Miles

4 Miles done. 58 Minutes

Keep marching, everyone!
  • lidenalex
    Options
    miles: 4/100
    cal: -100
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Sept Goal 70 miles
    9/2-Exercise TV-WAH- 1 mile + WAP 3 Fast Miles= 4 miles total

Semester starts tomorrow so I'll see you all on Wednesday! Back to work I go! :noway:
    Walk Strong!:smile:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Monday (September 1st):

0 DVD miles: 40 minutes, 4 ten minute mini walks form the Just Walk Mix & Match Walk Blasters DVD: The 'Advanced Walk' + the Flexibility Walk (cool down/ stretch)

70 outdoor minutes.

Goal for September: To be determined

So far: 0 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 70 outdoor minutes

So far: 4 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

I'm so happy to see you all returning for the September challenge :flowerforyou: .
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that I didn't record for the last two weeks of last month but I did manage to start walking almost as soon as I got out of hospital and am already up to two miles at a time. I'm not allowed to do anything other than walking for another two months so I will aim for 120 miles during September.

Happy walking everyone xx
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that I didn't record for the last two weeks of last month but I did manage to start walking almost as soon as I got out of hospital and am already up to two miles at a time. I'm not allowed to do anything other than walking for another two months so I will aim for 120 miles during September.

Happy walking everyone xx

You are recovering and going to walk 120 miles? Wow...I am indeed impressed and motivated. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cmclear90
    Options
    Im shooting for 70!!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    8 advanced miles with Leslie

5 miles outside

13 miles total

goal 165

Happy Walking!!!
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Did 1 mile of Leslie's 4 mile boosted walk . I wanted to do more but overate today and felt too sick to do more. this not a good start to my goal for the month... :">
  • 2essie
    Options
    Did 1 mile of Leslie's 4 mile boosted walk . I wanted to do more but overate today and felt too sick to do more. this not a good start to my goal for the month... :">

Oh dear. Never mind, we have all been there. The good thing about all this is that we get another chance tomorrow.
  • 2essie
    Options
    5.69 miles walked today (2 Leslie miles. 3.69 outside)