AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Goal 70 Miles

18 Miles done. Total minutes: 284

Don't stop walking!!!
  • anaclt
    anaclt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. Just joined this group. Hoping for some consistency with my walking. I am going to aim for 40 miles this month.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning Walkers. I had to rest for 3 days due to leg pain...shin splints and muscle strain. I am back and I am going to have to adjust my walking days. I am planning on doing no more than 5.5 miles and walk every other day. I think I may have been pushing myself to where my body was fighting back. I had to also adjust my mind set and realize I am not in a competition with anyone but myself. I think I was getting a little carried away with trying to walk farther and faster every week. I have exceeded my goals and now I am going to relax and enjoy the ride. I may not reach my goal of 154 miles for the month and I am okay with that. I am still reaching for it and we will see what happens.

11.5/154
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Good morning Walkers. I had to rest for 3 days due to leg pain...shin splints and muscle strain. I am back and I am going to have to adjust my walking days. I am planning on doing no more than 5.5 miles and walk every other day. I think I may have been pushing myself to where my body was fighting back. I had to also adjust my mind set and realize I am not in a competition with anyone but myself. I think I was getting a little carried away with trying to walk farther and faster every week. I have exceeded my goals and now I am going to relax and enjoy the ride. I may not reach my goal of 154 miles for the month and I am okay with that. I am still reaching for it and we will see what happens.

11.5/154

PinkyPan1, I think you are smart to respect what your body is telling you. " I think I was getting a little carried away with trying to walk farther and faster every week." Great point. Competition is good because it does get us out of our comfort zone, but we all have a set point and going beyond that can cause injury. Glad you are feeling better and I bet your new schedule will be a winner. :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi, all. Just joined this group. Hoping for some consistency with my walking. I am going to aim for 40 miles this month.

Welcome anaclt. Good luck with your goal. :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    9/3 - 1 mile
    9/4 - 1 mile
    9/5 - 2 miles

40-4 = 36 miles left

tobybear -- You are doing great.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I've been having some pretty ridiculous and annoying health issues the last few months and even though the want to was there I haven't been getting a lot of walking in. However, the neurologist is sort of giving me the run around on this so I'm going to give this a go and if I pass out it's all his fault. :tongue:

I'm going to go for 50 miles this month. That gives me 2 miles a day. I think I can do that and I'm going to try to do more than that.

Wraiythe -- Welcome to the monthly challenge. If 2 miles are too much, 1, if one is a problem, call that doc and see what's up. We can't have you passing out during the challenge! This isn't the Batann Death March. So go at your own pace. :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    4.40 miles walked today

29.77 miles walked to date

Thank you Texasgadnr

Jean, you could walk for England! I'm running out of adverbs, or its it adjectives to say how great you are doing. Must drag out my thesaurus. Your shoes must be :smokin: when you are done.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    miles: 31/100
    cal: -600

Alex, what have you been reading lately? I subscribe to Prevention magazine and recently learned that (I'll quote this) Saturated Fat = a large waist. Polyunsaturated fat = more muscle mass, making it easier to lose weight and stay healthy. So the take home message is avoid the saturated fat and eat more polyunsaturated fat.

Have a great day. :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal 70 Miles

21 Miles done. Total minutes: 329

Walk with Determination!! :smile:
  • lidenalex
    Options
    miles: 36/100
    cal: -1000
  • lidenalex
    Options
    AnnofB wrote:
    Alex, what have you been reading lately? I subscribe to Prevention magazine and recently learned that (I'll quote this) Saturated Fat = a large waist. Polyunsaturated fat = more muscle mass, making it easier to lose weight and stay healthy. So the take home message is avoid the saturated fat and eat more polyunsaturated fat.

Have a great day. :smile:

I looked up polyunsaturated fat and here is a list of best foods

Walnuts 47
    Canola Oil 34
    Sunflower Seeds 33
    Sesame Seeds 26
    Chia Seeds 23.7
    Unsalted Peanuts 16
    Peanut Butter 14.2
    Olive Oil 11
    Seaweed 11

* Walnuts, sunflowers seeds, peanut butter are my favorites!

On the other hand saturated fats abound in

All cooking oils
    Diary products (including butter)
    Meats
    Sweets and Baked goods
    * I eat very little of that nowadays. I have also switched from milk to rice milk :)

Right now I'm reading a GREAT book. It's called "The One Thing", and written by Gary Keller.

Do yourself a favor and GET THIS BOOK :wink:

Here is a quote from the book:
    GOING SMALL If everyone has the same number of hours in a day, why do some people seem to get so much more done than others? How do they do more, achieve more, earn more, have more? If time is the currency of achievement, then why are some able to cash in their allotment for more chips than others? The answer is they make getting to the heart of things the heart of their approach. They go small. When you want the absolute best chance to succeed at anything you want, your approach should always be the same. Go small.

“Going small” is ignoring all the things you could do and doing what you should do. It’s recognizing that not all things matter equally and finding the things that matter most. It’s a tighter way to connect what you do with what you want. It’s realizing that extraordinary results are directly determined by how narrow you can make your focus. The way to get the most out of your work and your life is to go as small as possible. Most people think just the opposite. They think big success is time consuming and complicated. ...

Going small is a simple approach to extraordinary results, and it works. It works all the time, anywhere and on anything. Why? Because it has only one purpose— to ultimately get you to the point. When you go as small as possible, you’ll be staring at one thing. And that’s the point.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    7.61 miles walked today

5 LS miles, the rest outside

Walked 35.38 miles so far to date
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ann for your kind words. I don't wear shoes for my Leslie walks. I probably should but I don't. Seems to work ok for now at least.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    September 3

8 advanced miles with Leslie

24 miles with Leslie to date

5 miles outside

13 miles outside to date

37 miles total /goal 165

Sept 4

9 advanced miles with Leslie

33 miles with Leslie to date

10 miles outside

23 miles outside to date

56 miles total /goal 165

Sept 5

42 miles with Leslie to date

11 miles outside

34 miles outside to date

76 miles total /goal 165

Sept 6

51 miles with Leslie to date

4 miles outside

38 miles outside to date

89 miles total /goal 165

Back from our vacation a day early, wanted to beat the storm that was coming in. I got in a lot of walking Tired the dogs right out.

Happy Walking!!!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Alex,

I like everything on the polyunsaturated list except Chia seeds and seaweed. I love all the saturated fat stuff.... I do use only almond/coconut milk or just almond milk. I use olive oil, coconut and sunflower to cook iwth. Try to avoid the rest but admit I do like sweets and meats.

Thanks for the book tip, Alex. Very intriguing. I like that concept because I have so much difficulty focusing on what matters and not getting distracted. Maybe this book can help me with that. :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Thank you Ann for your kind words. I don't wear shoes for my Leslie walks. I probably should but I don't. Seems to work ok for now at least.

Jean, Ellen Barret has a couple of cardio and cardio/strength workouts that are done without shoes. I must try it with Leslie and see what my feet think. I would classify Ellen's Barefoot Cardio as more intense than several of Leslie's workouts and I never had any problems doing them back in the day. We had wall to wall carpet then. Now workout on a hall runner on top of my hardwood floors.
  • AnnofB
    Options

89 miles total /goal 165

Back from our vacation a day early, wanted to beat the storm that was coming in. I got in a lot of walking Tired the dogs right out.

Happy Walking!!!

LouAnne, you are Amazing, Girl!
  • Janie11141980
    Options
    Hi my name is Trisha, My goal is to try to do 50 miles this month. I am a beginner and 100+ overweight so this is going to be kindof challanging. So excited about this:happy :smile: