Leslie Sansone September 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Wraiythe -- Welcome to the monthly challenge. If 2 miles are too much, 1, if one is a problem, call that doc and see what's up. We can't have you passing out during the challenge! This isn't the Batann Death March. So go at your own pace. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

LOL!!! The passing out is one of the problems I'm seeing the neuro about. :laugh: I figure eventually I'll just pass out ON him and see what he does then. Hah!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ann for your kind words. I don't wear shoes for my Leslie walks. I probably should but I don't. Seems to work ok for now at least.

Jean, Ellen Barret has a couple of cardio and cardio/strength workouts that are done without shoes. I must try it with Leslie and see what my feet think. I would classify Ellen's Barefoot Cardio as more intense than several of Leslie's workouts and I never had any problems doing them back in the day. We had wall to wall carpet then. Now workout on a hall runner on top of my hardwood floors.

I have started working out upstairs where I do have carpets (hope I don't wear a hole in it lol). In the Leslie Sansone book she says you should never work out in bare feet but wear really good support shoes. I done it bare foot for about 1.5 years without problems. I figured we were never meant to wear shoes when our species started evolving so why do I need to wear them now. Anyway, it seems to work for me (so far).
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I haven't been around this month. My dad is very ill, he had a stroke at home at the beginning of the month but then while in the hospital being treated for that he had a heart attack. He is 88 years old, his birthday is next month and I would like for my dad to see 89. Any good thoughts, prayers, vibes, are genuinely and greatly appreciated. He's doing a lot better now.

I need to get back into walking as it is a good stress reliever, plus I gained some weight back. Ugh!

Goal for September: 75 miles
    To date: 3 miles
    Left: 72 miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I haven't been around this month. My dad is very ill, he had a stroke at home at the beginning of the month but then while in the hospital being treated for that he had a heart attack. He is 88 years old, his birthday is next month and I would like for my dad to see 89. Any good thoughts, prayers, vibes, are genuinely and greatly appreciated. He's doing a lot better now.

I need to get back into walking as it is a good stress reliever, plus I gained some weight back. Ugh!

Goal for September: 75 miles
    To date: 3 miles
    Left: 72 miles

Supplemama - So sorry to hear this. Prayers going up for you, your Dad and family. So glad he is doing better. And glad you are getting some normalcy back in your routine. Stress is relentless but you know that and you're fighting back. Good on you! Take care and if you need to blow off some steam, we're here for you. :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I have started working out upstairs where I do have carpets (hope I don't wear a hole in it lol). In the Leslie Sansone book she says you should never work out in bare feet but wear really good support shoes. I done it bare foot for about 1.5 years without problems. I figured we were never meant to wear shoes when our species started evolving so why do I need to wear them now. Anyway, it seems to work for me (so far).
    [/quote]

What a great point. A lot of long distance runners go barefoot. It can't be that bad for us.

Who knows who the first person was that said, "You know what, I'm tired of walking barefoot, I'm going to make something that will pinch my toes and rub against my heels and create blisters and deform my feet. Yes, what a great idea, and I'll get rich too." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AnnofB
    Options

Wraiythe -- Welcome to the monthly challenge. If 2 miles are too much, 1, if one is a problem, call that doc and see what's up. We can't have you passing out during the challenge! This isn't the Batann Death March. So go at your own pace. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

LOL!!! The passing out is one of the problems I'm seeing the neuro about. :laugh: I figure eventually I'll just pass out ON him and see what he does then. Hah!
    [/quote]

Wraiythe -- That will show him! Ha-ha!!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi my name is Trisha, My goal is to try to do 50 miles this month. I am a beginner and 100+ overweight so this is going to be kindof challanging. So excited about this:happy :smile:

Janie-Trisha, Glad you joined us. You can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • Wraiythe
    Options

[/quote]

Wraiythe -- That will show him! Ha-ha!!
    [/quote]

I got 2 miles in yesterday from the 3 Mile Sleek and Walk.

Does anyone have the new Mix and Match Walk Blasters? If so, what do you think?
  • lidenalex
    Options
    miles: 43/100
    cal: -1100
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    Just finished 3 miles from the 3 Miles Sleek and Slim Walk. Now I'm dizzy and my head hurts but otherwise I feel GREAT! I sucked it up, Buttercup :D
  • 2essie
    Options
    Walked 8.35 miles today

5 LS miles the rest outside

43.73 miles to date
  • 2essie
    Options

What a great point. A lot of long distance runners go barefoot. It can't be that bad for us.

Who knows who the first person was that said, "You know what, I'm tired of walking barefoot, I'm going to make something that will pinch my toes and rub against my heels and create blisters and deform my feet. Yes, what a great idea, and I'll get rich too." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    [/quote]

Hahaha! I never thought of that. Brilliant Ann
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Sept Goal 70 miles
    9/1-Exercise TV-WAH- 1 mile + WAP 3 Fast Miles= 4 miles total
    9/3-Just Walk-5 Mega Miles=5 miles-9 miles total
    9/4-WAP Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=13 miles total
    9/7-Exercise TV-WAH-1 mile (strength training day)=14 mile total
    :drinker:
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone.
    I have just found this group - YAY.:love: I love these DVDs. I have been with MFP since April, I am almost 54 with 2 wonderful grown up daughters, work full time in school and live in the UK. Since being on MFP I was recommended these dvds, looked it up on Youtube and was hooked. I used to be an avid Zumba fan but life got in the way then the instructor left so I was looking for something else, don't really enjoy the gym much. Hopefully we can all support each other and have fun.
    How do you record ? miles or minutes or both ??
    Thanks for great group.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    9 advanced miles with Leslie

60 miles with Leslie to date

5 miles outside

43 miles outside to date

103 miles total /goal 165

I can't go barefoot during my workouts, If I was doing a mile or 2 maybe but anymore then that would hurt my ankles, I need more support.

Happy Walking Everyone!!!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Just finished 3 miles from the 3 Miles Sleek and Slim Walk. Now I'm dizzy and my head hurts but otherwise I feel GREAT! I sucked it up, Buttercup :D

WTG Wraiythe - but watch it Girl. Dizzy w/headache = bad. Sweating w/good tired feeling = good.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi to everyone.
    I have just found this group - YAY.:love: I love these DVDs. I have been with MFP since April, I am almost 54 with 2 wonderful grown up daughters, work full time in school and live in the UK. Since being on MFP I was recommended these dvds, looked it up on Youtube and was hooked. I used to be an avid Zumba fan but life got in the way then the instructor left so I was looking for something else, don't really enjoy the gym much. Hopefully we can all support each other and have fun.
    How do you record ? miles or minutes or both ??
    Thanks for great group.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hi Handbagfan, ( I like handbags too.) You can do miles or minutes or both. And you can post them daily weekly or at the end of the month. Glad you found us! :happy:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning Walkers and welcome to all our new walkers! I am so glad to see so many walkers join our group!!! This wonderful, cool and brisk morning I walked 5.5 miles. Have a great day everyone and smile.

16.5/154
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good morning you beautiful walkers!!!!! I'm late again joining this challenge but hey I'm a grandma now :wink: I stepped away from the board for the last week and a half to spend time with my new grand daughter....I'm so excited!!! That beautiful little bundle has given me another reason to get back into shape. So this month I will my goal is to walk 75 miles...if I surpass that well that is great. I was so excited to check my mail when we got home for the new Leslie Sansone DVD's I ordered....nope not here yet but darn soon I hope.
    Deb
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Good morning you beautiful walkers!!!!! I'm late again joining this challenge but hey I'm a grandma now :wink: I stepped away from the board for the last week and a half to spend time with my new grand daughter....I'm so excited!!! That beautiful little bundle has given me another reason to get back into shape. So this month I will my goal is to walk 75 miles...if I surpass that well that is great. I was so excited to check my mail when we got home for the new Leslie Sansone DVD's I ordered....nope not here yet but darn soon I hope.
    Deb

schafmom/Deb - Glad you are back and Congratulations on becoming a Grandmother! From many of my friends I've learned that being a Grandmother is the best part of being a parent. :laugh: