AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Goal 70 Miles

25 Miles done. Total minutes: 387

Each step will make you stronger. Let's get strong! :happy:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning you beautiful walkers!!!!! I'm late again joining this challenge but hey I'm a grandma now :wink: I stepped away from the board for the last week and a half to spend time with my new grand daughter....I'm so excited!!! That beautiful little bundle has given me another reason to get back into shape. So this month I will my goal is to walk 75 miles...if I surpass that well that is great. I was so excited to check my mail when we got home for the new Leslie Sansone DVD's I ordered....nope not here yet but darn soon I hope.
    Deb

Congrats Deb! I am so excited for you! I am a full time Nana and I am loving every minute. My Jonny is the reason I get up and keep on keeping on every morning.
  • lidenalex
    Options
    miles: 47/100
    cal: -1200
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    10.01 miles walked today including 5 LS miles. The rest outside

53.73 miles walked to date
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Sept Goal 70 miles
    9/1-Exercise TV-WAH- 1 mile + WAP 3 Fast Miles= 4 miles total
    9/3-Just Walk-5 Mega Miles=5 miles-9 miles total
    9/4-WAP Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 miles=13 miles total
    9/7-Exercise TV-WAH-1 mile (strength training day)=14 mile total
    9/8-Just Walk-Walk to the Hits Radio Remixes-3 miles=17 miles total

Congratulations Deb on your new granddaughter!
    WOW Welcome to all our new walkers!
    Walk Strong everyone!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    9 advanced miles with Leslie

69 miles with Leslie to date

1 miles outside

44 miles outside to date

113 miles total /goal 165

Happy Walking!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Monday:

0 DVD miles:

45 outdoor minutes.

Goal for September: To be determined

So far: 8 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 115 outdoor minutes

So far: 17 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

I took the weekend off planned exercise, and instead I did yard work with DH.

@ Wraiythe, hope that you get your health issues resolved, and that the walking makes you feel better for having exercised. Take care :flowerforyou: and adjust your mileage according what you are able to do and how you feel. I just read where you are feeling dizzy. Oh, do be careful b/c being dizzy is not a good thing to be happening to you while exercising like that. Scale back and please keep in contact with your physician.

I have the Walk Blasters and like it a lot. There is another thread on this board about that DVD, It is called "New workout by Leslie out on 8/28/2014" with some reviews and thoughts about the DVD. Hope that helps you :wink: . I so hope the doctors find out what is making you dizzy :noway: .

@ anaclt, welcome to the September challenge! Great goal for the month :smile: !

@ PinkyPan1, such wisdom to recognize what your body is telling you and then to respond to it. I hope that you feel better soon. I think that you have an awesome plan in place now to help you achieve a healthy balance. if you need to adjust your written goal to help you not want to overdo it then you ought to. There are no rules here; we adjust up or down, or go on cruise control to achieve our own fitness goals. Hugs to you :flowerforyou: .

@ AnnofB, Thank you for the tip about Saturated Fat = a large waist. Polyunsaturated fat = more muscle mass. I need to Google and see what else I can learn! Your miles are adding up quickly :drinker: .

@ alex, thanks for the list of best foods rich in polyunsaturated fat. Your favorites of walnuts, sunflowers seeds, and peanut butter are all high on my fav list!! I need to be more aware b/c I really like my sweet treats also :noway: . Thanks for the book suggestion looking in my library as I am posting here :happy:

@ bandit5125, Awesome walking while on vacation :drinker: Welcome back :glasses: !

@ Janie11141980, Welcome Trisha :flowerforyou: Every one of us here started out with one step and (sometimes eventually) one mile. Work up slowly as you get more strength and endurance. Cheering you on :drinker:

@ supplemama, I am so sorry to read about how ill your father is. Am praying for him and also you. I hope that you get a few miles in as you find the time or maybe if possible find some places that you can take a break and walk in or around the hospital. {{{Hugs}}} :heart: .

@ 2essie, Amazing mileage conbinations :drinker: !!! Love your new forum picture :laugh: .

@ handbagfan, Welcome to our awesome September challenge. I record Leslie DVDs as "miles" and my outdoor walks as "minutes" as that is easier for me since right now. I don't have any easy way of recording those as miles. Some walkers here record outdoor walks as miles b/c they have apps or pedometers that make recording mileage accurate and easy. Any way that you record is right for you as we all make our own goals, and how to record them, fit our needs and fitness level. Goals etc are your own so walk happy and record as you see fit :happy: .

@ schafmom, :heart: Congratulations on becoming a grandmother to your precious new granddaughter :heart: I am so happy for you!!! Yep, you sure do have another beautiful reason to get as healthy and fit as possible!! Do let us know when you get your new DVD! Which one did you order??

@ Ann, you are racking up those miles/ minutes :happy: . You go girl!!!

Walk strong.... and with a smile on your beautiful face :flowerforyou:
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    SEPTEMBER GOAL: August total miles= 86 I'm going to set a goal of 90, that's about an average of 3 miles per day. That's a stretch goal for me.
    09/01/2014 Mon: AM=0 PM=2
    09/02/2014 Tue: AM=2 PM=1
    09/03/2014 Wed: AM=3
    09/04/2014 Thu: 0
    09/05/2014 Fri: 0
    09/06/2014 Sat: 0
    09/07/2014 Sun: 1 mile outside PM=2
    09/08/2014 Mon: AM=2 PM=3

TODAY is Monday: 2 miles AM + 3 mile PM = 5 miles today

Total Miles Sept Inside: 15
    Total Miles Sept Outside: 1

Whew, trying to get back into tracking and walking since I had a dipsy doodle in my routine. YAY, I feel great, 5 miles today! Can't wait to walk again in the AM! Talking to my 70+ year young Mom about Leslie's DVDs, hoping she'll give a try and like them!
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO I got home from work today and my Leslie Sansone DVD (one of them was in my mailbox) It the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan and I can't wait until tomorrow after work to do the walk! I had a few minutes to watch some of it and I'm really looking forward to the toning sessions....heaven knows that I'm getting really tired of this jiggle belly I got going on. Hoping the second DVD will not be too far behind.
    Only got 2 miles in today but its a start.
    Deb
  • lidenalex
    Options
    miles: 54/100
  • 2essie
    Options
    9.09 miles walked today. 5 Leslie miles the rest outside.

62.83 miles walked to date
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So I did the Tuesday walk on the Ultimate 5 Day walk and absolutely love it. The music in some of the miles is great, love the fact that every mile offers different foot work so that is a relief maybe I won't get so bored with this. My Walk it off in 30 Days came today so I probably won't try that one until I've completed the 5 days on this dvd. I think I have enough now that I can alternate often and not get tired of them.
    Todays walk was 4 miles.
    Total for the month 6
    Deb
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:

2 DVD miles: 2 mile A Closer Walk & 2 mini Walk Blasters

0 outdoor minutes.

Goal for September: To be determined

So far: 10 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 115 outdoor minutes

So far: 19 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

@ bandit5125, your combination LS and outdoor mileage to date is totally impressive :love:

@ zichab, I really like how you mix up the DVDs every day and keep it super fresh and exciting :happy:

@ Michelle, 5 miles is an incredible way to break out of any sort of dipsy doodle and get back on track :drinker: , well done! I hope that your mom will give the walk at home method a try :smile:

@ Deb, the 5DUWP DVD is an awesome DVD and totally customizable! Mix it up and have loads of fun with it :laugh: . Walk it off in 30 Days both the Burn and Firm workouts are really good. Great choices! Keeping up with the grand baby will will be easy peasy with all the workouts you will be doing :laugh:

Walk Happy :flowerforyou:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Supplemama - So sorry to hear this. Prayers going up for you, your Dad and family. So glad he is doing better. And glad you are getting some normalcy back in your routine. Stress is relentless but you know that and you're fighting back. Good on you! Take care and if you need to blow off some steam, we're here for you. :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much Anne, that means a lot to me :flowerforyou:

Goal for September: 75 miles
    To date: 5 miles
    Left: 70 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal 70 Miles

27 Miles done. Total minutes: 420

Walk ON Friends!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • KristinKory
    KristinKory Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

New to the group and been with MFP since January. I have fallen in love with LS walks and totally want in on this challenge! will start tracking tomorrow!

I am going to aim for 60 miles.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    9 advanced miles with Leslie

78 miles with Leslie to date

2 miles outside

46 miles outside to date

124 miles total /goal 165

company arriving for the wedding so outside walking will be tough to get in. I will get in my indoor workouts though.

Happy Walking!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

New to the group and been with MFP since January. I have fallen in love with LS walks and totally want in on this challenge! will start tracking tomorrow!

I am going to aim for 60 miles.

Hi KristinKory, Glad you are joining us. :smile:
  • lidenalex
    Options
    miles: 61/100
  • 2essie
    Options
    Not much today because I have been out for lunch

Only 2.19 miles walked today

70.02 miles walked to date