Fall Feast Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    omg candy corn fudge... I need to try me some of that!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wow that candy corn is actually fudge??

Yes its candy corn fudge. I'm not sure how it will be but going to find out. Oh damn that apple pie gelato YUM

I'll await your report. :flowerforyou:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I'm not sure I can do that one, but I'll try... Does apple pie oatmeal count? Oats, apple, cinnamon, almond butter and almond extract. That was my breakfast this morning.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day One: I'm gonna have a Reese's pumpkin. I guess I'll have to plan some fall type baked goods/treats, my future lemon and strawberry cakes don't fit this theme.

TO THE INTERNET>

I gotta figure out whether some of my stuff fits too. Like. . . I got it in the Halloween candy section but the flavors are red velvet and chocolate toffee. So idk.

This group tends to be pretty forgiving, I think you'll be ok... ;)

Unless you call brownie a la mode a sundae.

Or buy arctic zero. :laugh:

LOL I forgot about that. I think that was me being the persnickety brownie ala mode person.

I just figure there are so many varieties of Halloween candy a little latitude will be allowed with this challenge. :)

I am feeling some (entirely self imposed) pressure with this one. I was in Italy for the Eat All The Sweets challenge and so I was able to get by with everything store bought and bakery/gelateria produced. Now that I'm back at home, I feel like this should be a month for me to put my fancy oven and thousands of Pins to good use... but tbh I really don't bake all that often.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, this could be really fun :) I didn't know about this yesterday, but as luck would have it, I already participated yesterday with a Halloween bag of Reese's peanut butter cups! Okay, okay just one from the bag lol...FAVE EVER!!! Well okay, except for the Reese's pumpkins. And the trees, oh and the eggs....oh hell, any Reese's. :bigsmile:

But in light of this new challenge, I may have to peruse pinterest for some further Fall treats :)
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    October 1 - Apple Crisp Cake Donut
    October 2 - Apple Crisp Cake Donut ... and I bought some Pumpkin spice Oreos today to try... I may or may not 'sneak' one tonight. Bwahahahaha!

I have my glucose tolerance test tomorrow.... so.... yea.... I'm planning on overdosing on sugar tomorrow. Cause my life is not complete without yummies. I'm gonna go to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and then I'm going to have ice cream... If they don't have any season type flavors, I will make it a point of bringing it home and MAKING it seasonal. Thankfully the ice cream parlor is a block away from my house. Bad news is they close for the season on the 5th. :cry:
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok... got something.

DSC_1809_zps80683ad4.jpg

Cinnamon sugar tortillas topped with baked cinnamon sugar apples, Edy's caramel delight ice cream, and caramel sauce. 310 calories of happiness.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Maple bacon cookies
    Day 2: Pumpkin Spice poptart, Talenti Salted Caramel & Rum (just don't look at my macros they suck)
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Ah ha! Found my way in in.

Okay, started off simply and old school with some Candy Corns yesterday.

Well, unless you include the piece of leftover homemade "harvest potpie" from the weekend - pork, acorn squash, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, kale, and cranberries tucked in a buttery flakey crust, topped with apple/caramelised onion gastrique (think sweet, vinegary drizzle). Lovely.

On to the next...
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Ok... got something.

DSC_1809_zps80683ad4.jpg

Cinnamon sugar tortillas topped with baked cinnamon sugar apples, Edy's caramel delight ice cream, and caramel sauce. 310 calories of happiness.
    Yum! Would love to do this with the pears from my tree! Is that an 8" flour tortilla?
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yes, brushed with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and baked for 5 minutes. So good.
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For any fellow NorthEastern-ers here.....Wawa's Pumpkin Cheesecake Frozen Smoothie.....disgusting amount of calories and fat....but I snagged a few sips off the husband....holy gawd it's pumpkin heaven in a cup!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    For any fellow NorthEastern-ers here.....Wawa's Pumpkin Cheesecake Frozen Smoothie.....disgusting amount of calories and fat....but I snagged a few sips off the husband....holy gawd it's pumpkin heaven in a cup!

Oh really... guess I need to make a stop at Wawa
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 1: Carrot cake cupcake with white chocolate butter cream
    Day 2: Carrot cake cupcake and some candy corn
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

There is no Wawa in north Jerz. I'm jelly :grumble:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Welcome new people! Happy you found us. :flowerforyou:
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Day 2: I went out to Trader Joes and Target and grabbed a few things so I can make sweet potato cupcakes and caramel apple cupcakes this weekend, and picked up some of these as well.

tj.carrot.1-300x222.jpg

They're pretty good. Nice and spicy soft cookie with creamy cool cream cheese icing; I feared they'd be overly sweet but they aren't. I love spice cakes/cookies this time of year.

Still on the lookout for apple cider. Back in PA the farmers market would sell it so I'm gonna hope the same is true in CA and hit up the neighborhood market tomorrow.
  • Ninkyou
    Options

NEED.