Lose An Inch By Christmas Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    JL-how are the plans coming? It's such an exciting time! Even not getting to the gym you still did body beast at home? That's impressive!! We'll show that scale who's boss...even if it doesn't agree, we're doing good things!!

Bb-you're so right! Lol! I forget that when my abs are sore they're probably retaining water! :dizzy_face:
    And woohoo on raising your TDEE!! That is so amazing! Metabolism is a complicated and fascinating system and you're rocking it!! WTG!
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting week one of NROLW on Monday. I would love to lose an inch off my waist.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Checking in
    I lifted x 3 but pretty light because I hurt my shoulder
    I did some cardio
    I didn't make my protein except today.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I only managed to lift 2 times last week and I went over on my calories without meeting my protein. I suck at this lately!!
    I did manage to do cardio 3 times though and the scale seems to be beginning to move in the right direction again so that is good.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Doing fine on my goals...except the cardio part. I just don't think it does anything for me? I should change my goals...

Finishing stage 5 Friday (I hope). I'll weigh and measure then :).
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm dropping out of the challenge. I'm going to eat at maintenance for the next 1 1/2 months so that I can still fit my wedding dress. If I lose any more weight, it'll be too big. Feeling sad about this.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    JL, I would call that a win. Im sure you will look amazing!

I realized I forgot to check in this week- the kids have been sick. I hit my calorie and lifting goals, but protein still needs to come up.
    keep at it ladies!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Did I check in this week? I can't remember lol

Either way, I'm on track, I think! :smile:
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    JL, can't it be taken in?
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    JL-I know you're disappointed :(. But, I look at the other way! When have you been told to stop losing weight you're getting too thin? Crazy compliment!! You can still build up your muscles so you look even more ripped in your gown! You'll just up your calories and enjoy this month and a half!! You'll be a beautiful bride!!

BB and DNA-good job hitting your goals!

I'm checking in. Just finished stage 5!
    Goals? I'm relaxing my cardio goal, and changed my macros since I started. But, I'm lifting 3x/week, and hit my macros (including protein) all week!

Waist sts at 29.5", but that's fine. Did side bends and reverse chops this stage so I'm not surprised it didn't get smaller. I have lost inches in my belly and hips! Woohoo!

Weight? I'm at 156.7 today...started the challenge up around 160 I think. So that's progress too! Not there yet, but heading the right direction!

Onward we go! As the stores are showing, Christmas is coming!!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    JL, you should be delighted that you are at where you want to be for the wedding. So many people get to their wedding day and are still unhappy with how they look so good for you on the progress you have made so far.

So I'm checking in for last week. Once again I ate too much, but did get plenty of protein. I only lifted twice, I tried to make myself go to the gym on Saturday morning but I was so tired that I couldn't go it. Its rare that I can't talk myself into working out so I have decided to forgive myself. This weekend I am going away so i will only get 2 lifting sessions in again.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Thanks guys. But I'm actually not satisfied with my look. I'm skinny fat for sure. I may be small in scale weight but I have a ton of fat on me. Anyway, as I got used to the idea of eating at maintenance, bad news again. I have to stop weight training for 4 weeks (Dr's orders because I'm feeling pain in one of my knees and one of my wrists) :'(

I've lost my motivation right now and will not be logging/tracking my food for the 4 weeks. I just don't have it in me. Anyway, I will still be around rooting you ladies on and waiting patiently for the day I can (hopefully) get back to lifting.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Checking in
    meeting lifting and cardio goals, still lacking some discipline in my water consumption, but I'm working on it.

I know I've been losing lbs consistently, but I'm going in today to get final measurements for the challenge at my gym (waist, BF%), so we'll see where everything else is at and I'll update. :D
  • dnamouse
    Options
    Checking in. Hit lifting and cardio goals and easily meeting food goals.

So much so, that I'm shaking it up a little. I'm not saying 'no' to eating this week. I'm saying, 'okay, have a little bit'. I went out for breakfast yesterday and enjoyed it (they even made it all fresh and lactose-free for me :heart: ). I'm not overeating, just got in a bit of a rut and was slipping back into a high-restriction mindset.

Food is good. I eat good food. I work hard. Eat the freaking food.

Disclaimer: Restriction mindset is not good for a perfectionist personality who is already restricted somewhat with food allergies & intolerances :wink:
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Jamaica- :cry: ((hugs)) I'm sorry your dr is restricting you. Hopefully the rest will help! Hang in there!! I'm sure you'll be beautiful in your gown!

Hitting goals, gotta update the waist measurement. It's not dropping much, if at all at this point. But I feel leaner. Does that count?

Lol DNA-eat girl!
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So after measurements, I'm down to 18% body fat (according to the handheld thingy) and my waist is at 28.5" so I'm halfway there, we'll see if I can get another 1/2" by Christmas with all the delicious things coming out of hiding.

Jamaica- so sorry about the downtime love. You will look incredible in your dress for sure, and you won't even remember these worries when you're looking back at your pictures and remembering all the drama your family caused -- I mean all the wonderful memories ;)
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Thanks girls!

And Elsie, the drama has already started (my sister doesn't like the bridesmaids' dresses) so I know what u mean!
  • dnamouse
    Options
    There's a lot to be said for eloping :wink:
    I'm working on brainwashing that into my children now lol

I remember my wedding vividly. In that I remember it was very hot, I got stressed (many people are not a good thing for a serious introvert!) and I ended up with a migraine for 3 days after :wink:

You will look beautiful Jamaica :heart:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Ah, JL, that's no bueno:( I know you will look amazing in your dress. Are you able to do some Pilates or just BW stuff to keep some strength up? Don't get discouraged- you'll be back at it.
    dna, all or nothing mentality is what got me in the obesity range. I'm with you- crazy restriction is not healthy(unless it is for health reasons, lol).
    Elsie, great progress!
    Julie, really, FEELING good is what this is all about, right?!

I hit 27% protein last week (122 grams/day), got my 4 lifting sessions in, plus some HIIT, and stayed under on cals. So it was a pretty good week.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Bb-that's a great week! WTG!! And yes, I'm liking how I feel so much more!!

DNA-we're encouraging destination weddings...Hawaii...

JL-just tell her she it's her turn she gets to choose. It's about you, the bride, that day!

Elsie-dang! That's lean girl! WTG!!

My waist measurement was up a 0.5" this week. :disappointed: 29.75. I hit my 3 lifting sessions, was a little shy on my protein on my non-lifting days, but overall under calories and was hoping for a drop this week. Didn't happen. I am not digging stage 6...I feel like I'm losing ground for some reason, even with adding extra lifts to the workouts. I'm gonna do 2 more stage 6 workouts this week and a 5k on thanksgiving, then move on to stage 7 next week. That'll get me sore and moving again!