Lose An Inch By Christmas Challenge!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Ok, went back, only up 0.25". Better than I thought, :)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Julie, even when I am consistent with cals, protein etc, I only really have one week a month that I will see a loss. That is the great thing about tracking weight and measurements consistently- you learn to understand your body more. My cycle greatly effects everything about my body and now that I know this, I don't get so discouraged. Maybe you're just at that point with your body. And .25" could be a measurement error:)
    Last week was just "ok". I did great on workouts, got 136 grams protein/day, but I was slightly over on cals. This should be my "whoosh" week so I'm hoping for that on Wednesday before the feast on Thursday.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Jamaica - nobody likes bridesmaid dresses, it's a cardinal rule lol

Julie - I'm with cowgirl on the constant tracking. I've started using an app called Libra that I can track my weight daily and you can see all the fluctuations and it automatically calculates your overall trend. I like it a lot, it's helped me tame some of my crazy :)
    m5qs7f09brtx.png

Been doing really well on water and lifting, except I've been under on my protein this last week, it's usually really easy for me to get it all in for the day, but the sweets have gotten to me! :sob: definitely need to get my sugar reined in, it's only the beginning!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Bb-thanks! I'm tracking more now so I can spot trends like that. I'm down a few lbs from my high, but still up 1-2 lbs fr when I started NROLFW. I look very different, and my bf is down significantly...so I'm happy! But I know there is plenty of fat in me to lose...and even at a deficit I'm not losing it. I'm hypothyroid and hormonally imbalanced so it's much harder for me than "normal" women, but I was hoping it would magically all come together. Not giving up! Still happy with my results so far. (And it could be user error, but I think I pulled it a bit tighter this week so I wouldn't go up as much! :disappointed: )

Elsie-thanks! I am using a tracker too...and building my data. It's a slight downward trend but mostly a level plateau. Sigh. Yours looks great! Ah, sugar! My nemesis! I'm doing a low carb own with a 1 day refeed so I keep all my sugary treats for carb nite! :)
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are on track.
    Jl do what makes you happy- it is your wedding.
    - My protein was better this week- turkey helped.
    - My Bp is better my pec/ bicep is almost healed so almost back to my max
    - I did some fun cardio a five k with my seven year old, so really a sprint then walk event.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    This is not going well for me. Low protein and high calories mixed with very little exercise means that the scale is moving in the wrong direction. I finished basic training 1 yesterday so tomorrow morning I am going to take measurements but I'm not too hopeful.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    I've decided to cut my cals a bit more. I just wasn't seeing any progress. I guess the days of being able to lose on 2000 cals a day are over for me. I think now that I'm sitting so much more doing school with the kids and waiting for their activities, Im simply not able to get all the NEAT that I was before. Sigh. I love to eat.
    Pmag, I'm glad you're healing!
    Dou, keep trying- I really struggle with the protein lately too.
    Julie, I can imagine it's frustrating to have health issues to complicate things. I think you're doing a great job being patient and sticking to your plan.

I'm on track so far this week.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Bbc-I totally get that! I wonder if I need to lower mine more? I do 1 high cal/carb day /week and the rest of the week I stay LC and around 1500 cals/day. I should be losing, in my book. Sigh. I'm not getting smaller anymore either...

I'm pretty much done NROLFW. gonna do stage 7 again more slowly through the end of the year-i think. I'm gonna do some planning. Leaning toward a 4 day split...but I just love doing DLs, BP, squats... Il figure out a new plan :)
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Ok...stats:
    CW: 159.2
    Waist: 30.5"
    Just to clarify, by "waist" we mean the most narrow part above our belly button area, right? Not at our belly button...

Ok! How is everyone doing?
    I'm at 157.2 lbs (down 2 lbs, which is better than up!)
    Waist measuring at 29.75" which is -0.75...getting there!
    I'm hitting my calorie goals (under most days) and getting my protein up! I'm lifting 3x/week still (yay!) but pretty much dropped my cardio, maybe 1x/week, which is ok. I'm not a cardio girl :).

Getting there! Christmas is coming....how are you all doing? I need to whittle 0.25" off my middle to hit our goal...lets do it!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    I'm still plugging along. I feel like I should be losing, but so far everything is holding steady. It's only been 2 weeks since I cut my cals a bit more. I'm thinking I should see a whoosh soon.
    Got my lifting, kept my cals under control and got over 100 grams protein/day. It was a good week.

• Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Hello I improved my deadlift but my bench still stinks. Squat is ok
    Maybe I should change my goals????
    It is easy to control what I eat maybe I should focus on my protein
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Plugging away here too. Switched to SL 5x5 now with added stuff as I feel led. Did good core stuff - incline weighted sit ups and weighted hip thrusts today! Food is good. Still pushing protein :).

Waist still 29.75-almost there. Come on, 0.25"!! My hips are down 2+" since we started. Does that count? I'm digging that!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Hey, girls. I've been so busy, I forgot about my own challenge!
    Julie, you and Pmag are probably the official winners of this challenge! You are doing great.

I think I've lost about 1" total from waist & hips since the beginning- so it wasn't a complete failure. The main thing is that my body shape has changed a lot in the past few months from the split I'm doing. I "Look" firmer even if the scale and the tape doesn't reflect it.

I think a 12 week challenge starting in Jan would be good. Anyone else want to do it?

Have a wonderful Holiday everyone!!!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    I am up for a challenge. I decided not to compete in January- it is too short to gain much strength and I need to rest my shoulder. So a 12 week challenge would be great because I would like to compete again in March or April
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've definitely lost at least an inch - I am down 8 pounds this month and things are looser - but haven't had a chance to measure yet.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I think I lost about half an inch which isn't too bad considering how much I have been eating. I am definitely up for a new challenge.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    What about an NSV or fitness related challenge?

I'm trying to come up with my fitness goals for the year. It's late. I need some inspiration lol
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    I'm in for a new challenge! 12 weeks is good, and we can each pick our goals for the challenge :). I'll go start a thread (If I can figure it out :)).

I haven't measured this week, but btw my knee injury, eating freely and missing this week at the gym, I'm sure it's not down further. Still happy to be down 0.75" :).
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Ok, I posted a new thread for out new challenge! :)