Options

Replies

• rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    10 Rounds for Time:
    12 push press (75#/55)
    12 burpees

I used 35# and finished in 21:43, should be about a 15 to 20 minute WOD.

120 burpees... suuuuuucks.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Today was push press work. Built up and did 5-5-5-5-5 at 80lbs. I'm pretty sure 80lbs is a PR for me on push press, and doing sets of 5 shows me I could do a much higher 1rm. It was fun. I was also lifting heavier than any other woman today by 30lbs. (Okay, it helps that about half of the class was working on quick snatches for 12.2. My O-lifting coach was the trainer today and since I'm not doing the open she told me not to even do this one to see how I could do for fear I'd screw up my muscle memory. I did that with power cleans, and it was bad. It took me several weeks to get my clean back in shape.)

Followed up by
    5 rounds
    10 weighted lunge steps (DB racked on shoulders) 2x20lbs
    15 KB swings 16Kg
    I did it Rx for women. Very proud of myself. No clue on the time because I forgot to check until after I'd put my equipment away and had a drink and hit up my inhaler, and the clock was over 7min at that point. I'd guess I was about 6 min. I was slow, as usual.

Followed up by
    100 situps for time.
    Yeah, this killed me. I was wiped out by this point. 4:42 today.

I need to get faster. I need to get my lungs working better. The crazy thing is I'm so so so much better and faster and stronger than I used to be. I still just don't have any wind and when I lose my breath at all, I can't seem to get it back. The weather changing and weirdness isn't helping either. I feel like I'm all excuses, but when I compare myself to where I was a year ago...wowwie! I'm so so so much better than I ever was. I've still got a long ways to go, but the changes already amaze me.
  • cheri0627
    Options
    Last night's WOD was a fun one.

WOD I
    Tabata Twist
    :20/:10 until done, move on to next move as soon as finished with current
    25 inch worms
    50 push ups
    75 sit ups
    100 squats
    I finished at 14 minutes exactly. I'm still slow, but getting better.

WOD II
    12.1 - burpees 7 min
    This was our off site CrossFit class and no one in it is doing CFG, so she figured we should all do this. My goal was 45. I got 54.
  • crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you're doing great Cheri!!
  • cheri0627
    Options
    you're doing great Cheri!!

Thanks! It means a lot to hear it.

I was feeling really down about my performance the other day. I was the last one finishing by quite a bit. That night, I really thought about how far I had come. I looked at where I had been a year ago, which was 4 months in from doing nothing at all to going all out CrossFit. After 4 months, the difference was amazing. A year after that (so 16 months in now) is even more amazing. Yes, I'm slow. I'll never be fast. (Asthma is a b*tch.) I'm just a whole heck of a lot faster than I ever used to be. I can do things even a year ago I never thought possible. I'm a lot happier with me, too, and not just physically. That's something I've gained from CrossFit. I'm not afraid to try new things, and I'm not afraid to fail.
  • crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's really a testament to you and your committment!! When I look at your times, I don't see slow at all. You must have a fast box. Also, I want to give kudos to your box and coaches for having the culture that supports beginners and keeps them coming back!! That says a lot. They are getting it right at your box!
  • cheri0627
    Options
    My box is very supportive of beginners and the slower or weaker of those amongst the group, and they're really good about modding things. The regulars in the group are really friendly and good with newer people, always willing to help out. I would like to think it's that way at all the boxes.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    My box is very supportive of beginners and the slower or weaker of those amongst the group, and they're really good about modding things. The regulars in the group are really friendly and good with newer people, always willing to help out. I would like to think it's that way at all the boxes.

Mine is as well , Im slower , weaker than most at my box but the support and time and effort put into me is amazing.

As many rounds as possible in 10 mins of:

8 Push-ups
    8 Hang Squat Cleans 43/30 kg ( scaled to 30kg )
    16 Double Unders ( scaled to 40 sec of singles with trying to do doubles )
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm lousy about posting on here, and I've only read a few posts back, but wanted to say that after 3 years I'm still the slowest one done on some wods. :) I get pissed at myself sometimes, but can't really stay that way as long as I know I gave it my all.
  • cheri0627
    Options
    WOD last night was an AMRAP 20 rotation through 4 stations. Between the stations, we had to do lunges. It was 10 lunges for me between were each of the stations was set up. Stations were 20 each of squats, pushups, KB swings and shoulder press. It was a lot harder than it seemed it would be.
  • blakeman187
    Options
    15 min AMRAP: Run 400m, 25 foot handstand walk, 15 wall ball

It was non stop fun
  • cheri0627
    Options
    Death by Deadlifts

1 deadlift the first minute
    2 the second minute
    3 the third minute

for 25 minutes. At failure, either 400m run or 11 burpees, and then start back at one.

The class was pretty large last night, so we ran out of weights. (I actually got the last of the available weights, grabbing the 6 2.5lbs-ers.) I wound up at 130lbs. I knew it would be rough but I failed sooner than I thought I would. I made it through 9, barely, and that 2 seconds I had left just wasn't enough time to recover, so I went running instead. (I hate running, but it was absolutely beautiful outside.) I made it through 8 after coming back from my run before I went back outside.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Shoulder Press 5-5-5
    Push Press 3-3
    Push Jerk 1-1

then, after a short rest

For time:

100 Squats
  • cheri0627
    Options
    Push Press 3-3
    Push Jerk 1-1

Push press and then push jerk is mean. Too easy to do them wrong, although I suppose it's better than having them reversed, at least for me.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    5 rounds; 3 rounds for lunch crowd:

21 Turkish get ups (RX was 65#) but modified 2* shoulder sx
    Run 400 m
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Saturday Home WOD:
    5 rounds for time
    8 SDLHP (75#)
    10 Push Press (75#)
    12 sit ups

10:46

Monday Home WOD:
    "Grumpy MOnday"
    4rounds for time
    15 Hang Clean (65#)
    15 Push Ups
    15 Tuck Jumps (supposed to be Box Jumps but I improvised)

12:09

Supplemental
    Tabata Sit Ups (75)

My Box changed their hours and canceled the morning class I was able to attend. I'm trying to sort out a better schedule - hopefully I'll be able to attend the 4 pm and 11:30 classes. It's been a week and lucky for me I have a home gym that is pretty nicely stocked.
  • cheri0627
    Options
    We did Football Gone Bad last night...well, a variation there of since it was at our off site location where we don't have rowers.

3 rounds of one minute of each
    DB thrusters
    box jumps
    push ups
    double unders (I can't jump rope -- kills my shins, so she had me do jumping jacks. That little bit of a difference in how I land makes a huge difference)
    run laps (80m laps)
    rest

For some reason, this didn't kill me as much as fight gone bad does, even though I expected it to be worse.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Home WOD
    5 rounds for time
    3 wall climbs
    30 double unders

Strength Split jerk (65-85-85-105)

Wednesday
    4K run
  • LisaCFSF
    Options
    Tuesday 120327

"Del"
    "Del"...hero WOD
    For Time:
    25 Burpees
    Run 400 meters with a 20 pound medicine ball
    25 Weighted pull-ups with a 20 pound dumbbell
    25 Handstand push-ups
    25 Chest-to-bar pull-ups
    25 Burpees
  • LisaCFSF
    Options
    My WOD!!! ie Workout of the Day! CrossFit: note that the lunch crew only had time for 3 rounds after warm up of course which was a 400m run, 25 pull-ups, 25 push ups, SAM/HAM mobility exs, and 25 squats, 25 sit-ups, and 25 back extensions... Friday 120330 "Barbara" Five rounds, each for time of: (DID 3 ROUNDS) : 20 Pull-ups 30 Push-ups 40 Sit-ups 50 Squats Rest precisely three minutes between each round. Post times to comments: 29:49!