Introductions

Options

Replies

• cecilialibra
    Options
    I came to Minnesota from Argentina (long story) in the 80's... spend a decade there, another in Duluth (shout out to all my peeps up there!) and currently live in Rochester. Long term goal (other than getting fit) is to get back to the Cities!

I'm Cecilia, 49, mother of 3, divorced, and a registered nurse. I had RnY gastric bypass surgery two weeks ago, and started exercising three days ago. I need all the support I can get to make permanent life changes.

Thank you for all being here!
  • sjo55115
    sjo55115 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been desk-bound and it;s showing. I'm headed back to the gym and thought a little help with choosing better foods might help too.
  • justjean
    justjean Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in Minneapolis near Victory Memorial Parkway. I got diagnosed pre-diabetic so I have been trying to eat healthy and lose some weight. I'm originally from Alaska, but moved here five years ago to get my bachelors. Now I'm an art teacher currently working on my masters.

Also on a side note, for dog lovers out there, I work with a rescue and they are currently looking for a home for this guy www.adoptthisdog.com So please spread the word, thanks! =)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in Minneapolis near Victory Memorial Parkway. I got diagnosed pre-diabetic so I have been trying to eat healthy and lose some weight. I'm originally from Alaska, but moved here five years ago to get my bachelors. Now I'm an art teacher currently working on my masters.

Also on a side note, for dog lovers out there, I work with a rescue and they are currently looking for a home for this guy www.adoptthisdog.com So please spread the word, thanks! =)

North Side! Did you go to Henry?
  • justjean
    justjean Posts: 55 Member
    Options

North Side! Did you go to Henry?

No, sorry lol, I've lived in Alaska most all my life, I've only been here about five years.
  • ssmyser
    ssmyser Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm up in Rogers. Looking for anyone who'd like to workout together or share some nutritional information!
  • michelledawnt
    michelledawnt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Michelle, I grew up in Quamba right down the road from Brook Park, interestingly enough I now live in Brooklyn Park in the Metro.
  • italianpeddler
    italianpeddler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HI I am Diane, I just Joined March 10, 2013.
    I live in the Metro area and I am looking forward to meeting other MN who are looking to get into shape.

Lets make it happen
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Plymouth area.
  • OneUniqueQueen
    OneUniqueQueen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm from the St. Paul area.
  • rebecca_c
    rebecca_c Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Rebecca. I live in the north Metro area and work in Minneapolis
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm Trey. I live in the eastern St. Paul suburbs. Work in Mpls, work out at LTF.
  • KaylaMack0215
    KaylaMack0215 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I currently reside in New Hope but work out at LA fitness in Hopkins... Any members?!?
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I currently reside in New Hope but work out at LA fitness in Hopkins... Any members?!?

Hey Kayla!

I saw your post in the CrossFit thread as well. I also work out at LA Fitness in Hopkins, which is much closer to me than the Maple Grove CrossFit Box which I really like so far!

James
  • pprtvg
    pprtvg Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Danielle! I'm originally from Chippewa Falls, WI, moved to Minneapolis to go to school at the U, spent the last 3 years in Lincoln, NE and am now back in Minneapolis (hopefully for good this time)!
  • kgpeper
    kgpeper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Katy. Just recently moved to the cities (Burnsville area). Originally from Ohio but spent 3 years in Tennessee. Hoping to start meeting people soon!
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My name is Heather. I was born in St. Paul and have lived all over the metro MN area. I currently live in Shakopee. Always looking for new friends. :)
  • Bulldogmomma3
    Bulldogmomma3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Trista...born and raised in MN...currently living in Ramsey.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Laura. I currently live in Cloquet. I lived in various parts of the Metro when I was younger, but grew up in NE MN.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm Tiffany. I actually live in Ashland, WI... trying desperately to get back to MN. I was born and raised in Duluth, with family all over the northern part of MN. If anyone in the Duluth area wants to going hiking with me, I'm totally up for that. I make it back as often as I can!! There are so many great hiking trails ie. great calorie burn plus enjoying nature.

Welcome to friend me!