Introductions

Options

Replies

• serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I introduced myself previously but here goes: my name is Jackie, I live in the North Metro (Fridley area) and am a Social Worker for Hennepin County. My job is high stress and the office is often loaded with treats. My weight prior to MFP fluctuated a lot because of stress and I really didn't understand the hidden amounts of fat, calories and sodium that are in some foods. Today marked my 365th consecutive day on MFP...I joined a year ago and never looked back. I have lost close to 30 pounds (spent Sept-November recovering from a knee injury). My husband and I are in the process of buying our first house. My favorite workout activities are Zumba, walking, Biggest Loser workout, 30 day shred, and working out at Planet Fitness. Feel free to add me.
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would introduce myself. I'm Dave. Grew up in Forest Lake and live in Roseville.

Joined MFP a couple months ago after doing weight watchers for about 21 months. Rather than tell my whole story here, you can check out my website.

www.borgiesjourney.com
  • daneegurl75
    Options
    Hi, I'm Danie! I'm originally from Los Angeles, California and I have lived in Minnesota (South Minneapolis) for 11 years, and love it. Even winter, but especially Spring and Fall. :-)
  • xatannerx
    xatannerx Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Amy and I have lived in Maple Grove for two years. I grew up in No Hope......er New Hope. Lol. I am here to lose about 30 pounds and to start feeling healthy!
  • N8r8r
    N8r8r Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Nathan from Anoka. Born and raised here in Minne-snow-ta. I'm here to get back down to what my "ideal" weight for my height is...about 180 pounds...which means I have to lose about 45 lbs. I wish it would get warmer so I could start walking to lost weight again!
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Name is John....NW part of Minnesota!
  • MrsRosenow
    MrsRosenow Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Nicole! I am from the small town of Delano Minnesota but currently living in Hopkins and working in Minnetonka :)
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cindy, live Hector (34 yrs) home state MO, need to loose 100 pounds, will turn 55 in July, this is my 2nd time around loosing 100 pounds and it is much harder this time. First time I was in my teens and early 20s. I have 3 adult children and a new grand daughter. Love dogs. I have been on here awhile but just started actually using it this last week because my daughter who is also loosing weight wanted me to join her here. I intend to take my goals 10 pounds at a time until I see that magic number pop up on the scale. My motto is " There is no food that taste as good as being healthy feels." Been there once and know that this is true. Friend me if you think we can encourage each other. Talk to you soon! Chin Up /Weight Down
  • auntachelle
    auntachelle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Born and raised Minnesotan. Born in St. Paul, grew up in Cottage Grove and now in New Brighton. I work in south Minneapolis. I want to lose 130 lbs. I hope to get below 200 by September when I hope to spend a week in Rome with some girl friends. I'm 49 now, 50 in September. Looking forward to celebrating that milestone in Italy.
  • itayah
    itayah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Pamela, recently married and about to move from the NE Minneapolis area to Brooklyn Center in a month or so, depending on when we close on our house. I've always lived in the Metro area, and I love it here.

I describe myself as funny and outgoing, laid back and absent-minded. My husband and I play strategy board games a lot with friends, and we really enjoy doing it. I'm wrapping up my degree in Business Management at Metro State. I'm very eclectic and love finding unique things to do around town with my friends.

I've got a little over 100 pounds to lose. I've been a member of a forum called Obesity Discussion for a while, but just moved over to My Fitness Pal from LoseIt. I work out at home, using my Xbox Kinect and DVD's mostly. I also have an elliptical, but I don't use it as much. I am excited to be on the Minnesota forum, and would love to make MFP friends, so feel free to add me!
  • wealthyintellect
    wealthyintellect Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from South Dakota, but I currently call Sartell home (it's near St. Cloud).
  • plumgardenia
    plumgardenia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am from Austin and now live in Albert Lea.

I live in Austin. :)
  • cnanderson28
    Options
    Hi, I was raised near Mankato, but now live near Elk River and work in Minnetonka.

Looking to get back on track after gaining back some weight after a significant weight loss :)

Really like having MFP to see what I'm eating and for the additional encouragement and support AND to track my progress :)
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just joined MFP 1/23/13. Live in the Prior Lake Area and work in the Chaska area.
  • jbantau
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Jill. I live in West Central Minnesota in a tiny rural town about an hour from Fargo. I'm looking for the support of new friends for this go around. I've always dieted and exercised alone. I've decided that perhaps the missing link for me has been the support network. Glad to join you.
  • Blair_Waldorf
    Blair_Waldorf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I'm originally from Minneapolis, moved around a bit, and now that I am older and ready to settle down I am looking to move back to the Minneapolis area (I miss it). I'm looking for a nice area to raise a family :) I joined this site to get healthy and live a better lifestyle. I'd also like to meet some nice positive/motivational people to become friends with. So anybody feel free to send me a short message and friend request! :)

Good luck to everyone in your quest to get fit and healthy!
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the Minnesota Folks. Great spring weather this year! I'm Lisa. I grew up in Rochester, but now live in Minnesota Lake, a small town south of Mankato. I am new to MFP.
    I found someone with Minnesota Lake ties! I'm from there, graduated in 1972 when they still had a high school, and went to college in Marshall. I've lived in SE Minnesota since--Rochester, Goodhue and for the last twenty years Zumbrota. I was the Postmaster of Oronoco for 18 years, so I am very familiar with the area just north and west of Rochester.
  • cindypalm1
    Options
    Hello
    I have lived in southwest Minnesota all my live in 2 little towns if you blink you miss.
    Butterfield and Mt.Lake
    If you would like to add me as a friend please feel free it is nice to see what others are doing and having success with.
    I lost about 40 pounds 2 years ago but then I quit smoking going on 1 year (March 17th) and lost a family member way to young
    in a car accident and those 2 things in the last year have added 30 pounds back on. (Excuse I know) am now trying to get back on track and am finding it is harder the 2nd time around to lose the weight but I am down 4 pounds since 1/15 so at least I am moving in the right direction.
  • brilliantzenith
    brilliantzenith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm Amanda. I grew up near Ely, went to school in Duluth, married a guy from Wisconsin, moved to Iowa, moved back to Minnesota (thank God) and am now in Marshall.
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am also in Marshall, having moved here all the way from the Heron Lake/Windom area :)