Introductions

Options

Replies

• andil74
    andil74 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Mariel, I have just been approved for bariatric surgery. I am planning on having the gastric sleeve surgery in March. If you need support or resources or anything let me know. I am also over 300 and know exactly what you are going through! Hang in there. I have joined on here because I would like to lose as much weight as possible before the surgery and maybe avoid it if I can, but at the same time have it as an option if Im not as successful as I would like to be. It is a long processs I started the process last October and was just qualified to have the surgery in June. I was planning on having it in August but for personal and job reasons am waiting until March. I also want to get more physically fit before the surgery so I can have a speedier recovery and hopefully am able to start exercising as soon as possible after surgery. Good luck on your journey. Add me as a friend if you would like. :happy:

I think I posted this wrong, can someone help me out if I did please. Thanks.
  • Spazbme
    Spazbme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well hey derr dontcha know! (like we really talk like that) :-) I'm here in Red Wing along the River Valley. LOVE living here, such a cute town. I grew up in Eagan, lived in Oregon for a while and am back here to start our family. I have our first baby due in February 2013! Anyone ever modify their MFP to adjust for the pregnancy weight?
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I don't think I ever actually posted in this thread? Shame on me. Anyway, I am from Mankato. I love Minnesota, but want to live in Vegas. Weird?
  • DecemberW
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm December and I live in Bloomington.
  • Stegora79
    Stegora79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am Erin and I live in Shakopee. I am a nursing student and a mother of a 15month old boy. I look forward to all the support I can get!
  • callunaailish
    Options
    Hello all! I recently moved back to Minnesota after three years in North Carolina. I'm over on the NE side of the Twin Cities - same place I grew up.

I put on over 40 lbs while in NC and have decided that it is time to get it off. One of the trainers at the local YMCA I joined recommended this site, and I'm hoping it gives that little extra push of motivation I need. I'm a visual learner and a data junkie, so I have high hopes. :)
  • idrthrbupnrth
    idrthrbupnrth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. I'm Christy and I live in Rockford (near Buffalo / Delano) for those who think it's in Illinois. I work in Wayzata, have two boys, one husband, and three dogs. Not much support for mom trying to lose weight and get some exercise in between everyone else's schedule. I've found that 5:30 am works pretty well! I'm relatively new to the site, just getting pretty active now as I get serious about losing weight.
  • RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey MN friends! I am Jenelle and I currently live in Woodbury. I went to high school in Stillwater and soon I will be graduating from Ai with a BFA in photography in December! I spend a lot of my time in Lindstrom MN and along the banks of the St. Croix River. My husband and I are currently looking to buy a house north of the cities! I love the beauty of MN nature and am enjoying the warm weather walks! It gets harder for me to work out when winter rolls in. Feel free to add me, ya betchya I'll be ur friend ;)
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone.

I'm currently living in Owatonna, just south of Minneapolis. I'm originally from Florida but would like to end up living in Europe someday*crosses fingers*. I do enjoy Minnesota for now, though. I'd like to find some like minded people near me. It seems everyone I've come across, so far, kinda looks at me strange. What with me and my healthy cooking ideas and all. :P

If anyone is in my area, I'd also like some advice on any good gyms nearby. I know winter is going to be hard for me and I need to find a place to work it out. ...Literally
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

While I have been on MFP since January 2012, I just found this group... glad I'm finally here. Grew up in the Twin Cities, moved away a couple of times for my husband's job, and had the opportunity to move back "home." That was 13 years ago. I live and work in the south metro. Very active in road races and sprint tris. I'd love to connect with other MN people! Feel free to add me.
  • Wiederich
    Options
    Hello all,

From Shoreview, MN although I have lived in many cities in MN
  • LisWel
    LisWel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Lisa, I have lived in MN my entire life ~ currently liive & work in Minnetonka.
  • alilrose
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to mfp and moved back to MN almost a year ago. I joined because I have decided to take my life back! I hope that being here will help keep me focused and motivated when I fall.
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    Hello all,

I am from the Montgomery/Kilkenny area. Just joined up here with plenty of work ahead of me.......
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I was born and raised in MN but left after high school and just moved back. Today is also the first time I have checked out the MFP message board community
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm Jackie. Grew up in Plymouth, MN and went to college in St. Cloud. We currently live in the North Metro of the Twin cities.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa. I am from Edina, left the state for about 22 years and ended up, you guessed it, back in Edina.
  • churchy9482
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm originally from Alexandria then migrated to the Twin Cities for college several years ago and have finally landed in Chanhassen wth my husband. I'm just starting my journey and I can't wait to use all of your ideas and tips to help me along - new year, new me.... it's time for a CHANGE!
  • ryner12
    ryner12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, Minnesotans!

I'm Julia, a 36-year-old library girl in the SW metro. I had been toying with MFP off and on for a few years, but only started using it faithfully this past April, and am thrilled to have lost 20 lbs in that time. I'm nearing my goal weight now, despite the demands of a full-time job, a 2-year-old and a household often in disarray. Good luck to you all -- it certainly isn't easy to make lifestyle changes.
  • cvillneauve
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Christi. I live in the St. Cloud area. I have been a member of MFP for awhile now but just decided in October to get really serious about getting healthy. So far I have lost 7lbs and I have many more to go. I am trying to make small changes towards a healthier lifestyle to fuel my weight loss efforts. This is not an easy task with 3 kids who look at your healthy dinner with a disgusted face and tell you to get that away from them. I guess they need a little bit more time and more gradual changes. I, on the other hand am ready now!