Introductions

Options

Replies

• kalepowered
    kalepowered Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was born in Iowa, but have lived in Owatonna (about an hour south of the cities) since I was two, so I think that should qualify me. Unless something goes drastically haywire, I'm probably moving to Texas some time this year to live with my boyfriend - some day I think it'll be a great change, but other days I think the sweltering heat and lack of beautiful outdoorsiness will make me cry.
  • MinniApple17
    Options
    Hello! I am originally from Chicago, Illinois and went to Arizona State University in Tempe for two years before transfering to the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. I now live in the downtown area with my Fiance (Husband- March 18th, 2012) and our two dogs, Missie and Shoshie (Shih-Tzu). We love Minneapolis and have no plans to leave.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Superior WI now living in Golden Valley MN :happy:

Hey, SoupTown :)
    I'm from Duluth.........across the bridge from your former neighborhood :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Boo522
    Boo522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm originally from New York City but have been living in St. Paul, MN for the past 9.5 years. My name is Roni. I am a divorced mom with 2 teenage boys. I love it here, don't ever plan on going back ot NY. Any of you ever been? Well if you want to add me as a friend for support you can.
  • melaniaferradas
    Options
    I am born, raised, and currently reside in South Minneapolis. Very new to MFP, but so far I find it valuable. Sometimes it gets frustrating trying to find the right category and portion of the food you search, so I am getting used to that. I work with a trainer once a week at Lifetime and recently did metabolic rate and anabolic threshold tests which have been very helpful in determining how many calories to consume and how to work out effectively to burn the most fat calories. 2012 is the year I get my weight loss in the done column!!! Glad to see the support online. Stay focused and pick yourself up when you fall off the wagon. Peace.
  • Runthismom
    Options
    I am originally from Fairmont, MN but now am living with the BF in Plymouth!
  • Runthismom
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Megan, I grew up in Rosemount. I moved around for a few years and now have been in South St Paul for the last 6 years.

I started running this year and have totally fallen in love with it. I am terrified of what I am gonna do when the snow finally comes. Any other runners who can offer me some tips? How late into the season do you run outside? I am going to do it for as long as I can take it!

I do nearly all my running out in the sticks on gravel roads and narrow shouldered county roads where I live, I heard that there are strap on cleats that are designed for running, I was going to either find a set of those, or add studs to an older pair of running shoes. and wear smart wool socks. other than that, I guess I will take it as it comes. I started Running in June and I need to train all winter because I plan on Running 30 miles in May.

I trained for a half marathon last year from Feb- June...all outside :) you can do it...just dress warm!! If you need layering tips message me and I'd be happy to help!
  • Caveman515
    Options
    Hello fellow Minnesotans!! I live in Rochester, have for almost 10 years now, but I graduated from Elgin-Millville. I lived in Wanamingo through 4th grade, then Zumbro Falls for a couple years, then Plainview for a few years, and then Elgin. I'm sure many people on here have probably never heard of those small towns, but yeah, that's where I'm from! I currently work in Roch and own a nice little townhome. That's a little about me :smile: Anything else you wanna know.......just ask! Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Minnesotans!! I live in Rochester, have for almost 10 years now, but I graduated from Elgin-Millville. I lived in Wanamingo through 4th grade, then Zumbro Falls for a couple years, then Plainview for a few years, and then Elgin. I'm sure many people on here have probably never heard of those small towns, but yeah, that's where I'm from! I currently work in Roch and own a nice little townhome. That's a little about me :smile: Anything else you wanna know.......just ask! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

i know where all those places are as I grew up 10 miles north of Rochester between Elgin and Oronoco. Played 4H softball in Elgin.
  • kp1205
    kp1205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm Kris from St Joseph. Grew up in St Cloud, got married and moved to Mpls., then to Coon Rapids. Husband's job took us to Cedar Falls, IA for 25 years. We retired and moved back "home." Mom to two great sons and grandma to three boys and two girls. I've been with MFP since Oct, but just now found this group. I'm looking for motivation. and friends to go on this journey with me. Glad to meet you all!
  • scooter1130
    scooter1130 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have heard of all those towns-we make aannual camping trip to Bluff Valley campground and go through those towns or are close to them.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Since we're all chiming in about small southern towns, I would like to mention that my academic advisor lives in Wanamingo. Also, it is REALLY fun to say!

WANA-MINGO!
  • Willmsy
    Options
    Hey all, signing in from Woodbury. Looking forward to sharing some success stories!
  • mnsnowflake
    mnsnowflake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi !! My name is Susan and I was born and raised in White Bear Lake - a suburb of St. Paul. I moved to NC for 14yrs but now Im back HOME!!! I am now living in a very small northern MN town an hour north of Bemidji with my 9 year old daughter. We love it up here!! Ive just started this online community thing... I know its always so much easier to have people in your life to encourage and support you especially if they are going through - or have been through - the same things you have! I'm happy to have found a MN group !! :happy:
  • lrkann
    Options
    Hi all! New to this site and very excited to find a MN group! I have lived in Mpls for almost 5 years now. Before that spent some time in Ohio, Iowa and NYC. I think I have finally found my home though and never want to leave this place! Hoping to meet some people on here who can keep me motivated and hopefully celebrate some successes!
  • bridgettedied
    Options
    hello! My name is Bridgette and I am a mother of two children and am married to my high school sweetheart. I was born in Peoria, Illinois and moved to Alexandria, MN when i was 13. I have lived in New York Mills, Perham, and Mankato , then tried life back in Illinois but ended up back in Alexandria! I love it here!
  • BeccaRanger
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm Becca from the Iron Range and extremely new to mfp along with the whole online helping tools...Hopefully this will be a wonderful tool to keep me off my lazy butt n start living a much healthier lifestyle :smile:
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi,everybody. I'm from New Ulm. Lots of talk about our winter here,or lack of one! Bought snowshoes last year,couldn't use them this year,ohwell. Good luck on this road to better health.
  • 67chevelleSS
    67chevelleSS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Born in Pa. Raised in NC. Did 6 years in Navy just North of San Diego, and live in Shakopee now!
  • muggs1090
    muggs1090 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I grew up in Eden Prairie and I now live in Jordan. I recently joined the Dahkota fitness club and starting a C25K. So far so good!