Introductions

Options

Replies

• deaterrae
    deaterrae Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello! I live in the Seward neighborhood of Minneapolis and work out almost daily at the Midtown YWCA. My favorite exercise is step aerobics and I'd love to have some new friends to see at the Y.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Live in St. Paul. Grew up my first 26 years in Wisconsin. Doing P90X at home. Plan to mix in some jogging in 3 weeks.
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Grew up basically the Lake Nokomis area of South Minneapolis. Now live in Eagan. Trying to get into a regular workout routine and don't really have any favorite exercise. Sometimes it is difficult enough just to muster the "want" to exercise. Kind of dumb that it is so difficult to get my motivation up to take this step when I know I will feel GREAT afterwards.
  • lrfrank65
    lrfrank65 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the Minnesota Folks. Great spring weather this year! I'm Lisa. I grew up in Rochester, but now live in Minnesota Lake, a small town south of Mankato. I am new to MFP.
  • cyndist
    cyndist Posts: 43
    Options
    Purchased house in Lake Benton, MN. Been here 12 days.
    Cindy
  • Monkeybutt74
    Monkeybutt74 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Brooklyn Park. Thanks for starting this group! There isn't much out there for MN.

I'm just looking for local support and encouragement. FYI - I absolutely HATE exercise and can always find an excuse to not do it. However, if it's fun and we don't call it "exercise", I have more of an open mind :wink:
  • jeichacker
    jeichacker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Fridley, moved around a bit then came back as an adult and have been living in Coon Rapids since 1994.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I grew up in Belle Plaine and now live in Dundas with my little family. I'm super excited to have found this group of Minnesotans!
  • aleyjewell
    aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I live in Coon Rapids now and just started the whole fitness thing. Wish me luck!!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I grew up in Belle Plaine and now live in Dundas with my little family. I'm super excited to have found this group of Minnesotans!

Hey neighbor!
  • mgraue82
    Options

Hey neighbor!

Hello fellow Dundite/Northfielder! :)
  • mgraue82
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I live in Coon Rapids now and just started the whole fitness thing. Wish me luck!!!

You've joined the right place if you're just getting started! So much motivation and inspiration will be found on MFP... Not to mention nummy recipe's and helpful hints for just about anything you're facing fitness/lifestyle change wise :)
  • ren3of3
    ren3of3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm from Pine City and live in Minneapolis. I have family and in-laws in Alexandria and Northfield/Dundas,
    where I also tend to ride bike when I'm not on the trails in the metro.
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Minnesotans! I was born and raised in MN, but I moved to Nebraska a year ago. I grew up on the Iron Range and then moved to St Cloud after high school and lived there for about 15 years. I miss Minnesota so much, it's nice to find this group!
  • docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Minnesooootans! I'm new around here and wanted to pop in and do the old intro. Grew up in MN near North Branch, got away for a while for school but back now for 12 years. Currently living in Prior Lake and hoping to use this tool to help get (back) in shape.
  • AnneMorrow44
    AnneMorrow44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Anne, 29 on this Wed April 4th, wife of 8 years, mother of two (4 and 11months) Originally from Pennsylvania Moved to MN 6 ago and Live in Elk River. Working my way back to a healthier me! Looking for accountability partners to help keep me on track and vice versa!! I'm part of an amazing team that has been helping me loose weight and get fit, and we do an occasional free fit club, Please add me on here and I Look forward to getting to know you!
  • GiuliaShakespeare
    Options
    Hey! My name is Giulia and I'm a MN native and a student. I'm looking for friends to support and be supported by! My goal is to get to a healthy weight and to feel good about the way I look and feel before I go abroad this October. I'd love to be your friend!
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a Illinoisan that moved to Minnesota about 3 yrs ago. I live in Uptown(Minneapolis,MN) and am looking to get back into shape. I would love some new exercises, diet advice and meeting people who are also looking to get into shape.

Thanks!
  • iambellaluna
    iambellaluna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm from Plymouth Minnesota & I am still here...I have had stints in other towns but somehow made it back to the same spot :)
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! :D