Introductions

Options

Replies

• falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    I reside in Eyota, Mn - squint those eyes when your on google maps....It does exist! haha, it's near Rochester "Home of the Mayo Clinic" - Anyone local that knows a great place to Kayak or try Stand up Paddle boarding??
    Have you tried Chester Woods Park? I've heard of people going there to paddle board. I see people on the Mississippi (Lake Pepin) @ Lake City kayaking when the winds are calm all the time.
  • RustyIron
    RustyIron Posts: 21
    Options
    I reside in Eyota, Mn - squint those eyes when your on google maps....It does exist! haha, it's near Rochester "Home of the Mayo Clinic" - Anyone local that knows a great place to Kayak or try Stand up Paddle boarding??
    Have you tried Chester Woods Park? I've heard of people going there to paddle board. I see people on the Mississippi (Lake Pepin) @ Lake City kayaking when the winds are calm all the time.
    I will check out Chester woods, I know they have kayaks for rental, I'll see if they have anything with paddle boards! Thanks!
  • wcaldwelld
    wcaldwelld Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello all

I am from Cloquet born and raised!!!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a mom of three and live in Sebeka, MN with my husband Chad.

My kids are 6-7-9 (yes we are crazy LOL)

I work full-time and enjoy camping at our seasonal camping spot in the summers!

I look forward to meeting some more MN peeps!
  • vulgarities
    vulgarities Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was born in St. Cloud, we moved a lot but now I'm back in St. Cloud. I visit Minneapolis a lot because I have loads of friends down there from school and when I lived there I met a lot of great friends.

I'm 24 and I'd like some friends around my age in St. Cloud! I definitely like to go out and have a good time, not sure of the night life here though. I can imagine it's lacking, compared to the cities. :ohwell: But just hanging out is cool too.
  • gone2facebookprint
    gone2facebookprint Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hey all... I am Tom.. Originally from Alabama... now I reside in Shakopee MN... On here attempting to get in better shape before my big wedding day... So in love in my fiance... I am attempting to lose 30 lbs... My goal weight is 170 and I am around the 200 mark right now.. it has been going from 190 to 200 for the last few weeks... So that is me in a nut shell... hope to hear from some of you from the shakopee area :)

Congratulations on the engagement!

Thank you!! :)
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hey there all!!! Originally from missouri, but I have been in mn since I was eight. I definately refer to myself as a minnesotan.
  • Shatz2000
    Shatz2000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there, everybody! I'm from the small town of West Concord, MN.
  • jdstathopoulos
    jdstathopoulos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm from Woodbury but now live in Bozeman, Montana. If you like hiking, I would recommend taking a trip out to Montana. It's a great workout and you see some beautiful places.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Laura, I am originally from Rochester but I currently reside in St. Paul. I am a student at St. Catherine's University for Physical Therapy. Today is a gorgeous day, so I'll be heading over to Lake Calhoun for a good run around the lake! I could definitely use some encouragement to stay motivated. I start programs and then within a couple weeks lose interested and motivation. I'm getting married in a year so I need to stay on track this time and get my butt in shape!!

Hey Laura- I'm in the nursing program at the St. kates mpls site... keep it up, look HOT for your wedding - and forever afterwards!
  • gomidas2007
    gomidas2007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

My name is Tyler. I live in Stillwater, and I work in Plymouth as a mechanical engineer. I would love to get to know some of you guys from around here!
  • frsamuelmedley
    frsamuelmedley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was born in Minneapolis, moved out to Annandale, 20 minutes south of St Cloud, but now I am working in Kent, UK. Hey everybody!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    Love that there is a Minnesota Group; can't believe I didn't find it sooner!

Hi - My name is Marianne and live in White Bear Lake, Mn. I've been working on changing my lifestyle since Oct 2010; joined MFP 6 months later. Have learned a great deal from MFP and love the site. My highest weight loss was 78lbs and then I fell off the wagon for a few months. I'm back on track...woohoo!

Feel free to friend me.

M
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    A trip to Montana is definitely on my bucket list! I have an uncle in Molt that I've been meaning to visit.

Btw, I'm originally from Woodbury, too!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am from Caledonia, but now live in Spring Valley.
  • spree2717
    Options
    Hola :) I'm originally from Great Falls, MT but I'm in Maple Grove right now.

I'm recently single and looking to build a body/lifestyle so at some point I'll be ready to mingle.

Hopefully I'll find some of my inspiration and motivation through all of you, and, eventually, I hope to help others be inspired to get fit too!
  • mariel12982
    Options
    Hello, my name is Mariel (30). I am from Minneapolis, MN. I am 300 plus lbs and am looking into gastoric bypass surgery. I have a husband and a son who is 6. I want to be a good role model for my son but thats hard when he asks why I am fat. That was a reality check. I have a dietician that I go to once a month and soon will be seeing a bariatric doctor. I am just exhausted all of the time. I get headaches from stressing over it and im on the brink of diabetes. I need as much support as possible.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    New to the group! I live in Little Canada.. Grew up in Corcoran.

Lived in MN my whole life other than my 3 years spent in the Air Force stationed in Germany :)

"Lift Heavy! Run Hard!"
    www.facebook.com/jenaesmithfitness
  • AllyBird82
    AllyBird82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello! I grew up in SE Wisconsin, but moved to MN in 2000 and have stayed ever since! I currently live in Blaine.
  • andil74
    andil74 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm Andrea, I live in Eagan.