Introductions

Options

Replies

• melissa308
    melissa308 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, Minnesota folks! My name is Melissa. I'm originally from Shakopee, have degrees from Minnesota State University Mankato (go, Mavs!) and the University of Wisconsin Madison (go, Badgers!), and am now living in Bemidji. I'm just looking for extra support, encouragement, and accountability in my goal of getting healthy, which is consisting of going ovo-lacto-vegetarian, officially as of last year, and being more active (joined a gym and am mangling myself daily on the elliptical machine, hiking at area state parks, biking more around town, and trying new fun physical activities like belly- and pole-dancing).
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa. I noticed you were from Bemidji. I work and Bemidji and live near Park Rapids. Just thought I would say hi.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I just found this group and figured I would join. I grew up and still live in the Buffalo area in wright county.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I grew up in Sunny South Florida (gee I miss that place) and I've been living in Minnesota for the past 14 years. I currently live in Brooklyn Center.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am from west central mn.
  • melissa308
    melissa308 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Melissa. I noticed you were from Bemidji. I work and Bemidji and live near Park Rapids. Just thought I would say hi.

Nice to meet another pal in the northland! :)
  • RawkChick
    RawkChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey kids! I'm Drie, I live in Burnsville and work out at the Lifetime fitness in Savage or Lakeville. (Lakeville has a pretty killer climbing wall.)
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hi im tammy and i grew up in harris mn and now i live by princetion mn glad to find this group.
  • bhayes82
    bhayes82 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey kids! I'm Drie, I live in Burnsville and work out at the Lifetime fitness in Savage or Lakeville. (Lakeville has a pretty killer climbing wall.)

And by "killer" you mean literally?! I still haven't found the guts to try the little wall at REI :(
  • llee1025
    llee1025 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Laura, I am originally from Rochester but I currently reside in St. Paul. I am a student at St. Catherine's University for Physical Therapy. Today is a gorgeous day, so I'll be heading over to Lake Calhoun for a good run around the lake! I could definitely use some encouragement to stay motivated. I start programs and then within a couple weeks lose interested and motivation. I'm getting married in a year so I need to stay on track this time and get my butt in shape!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me, Laura!

I love lake Calhoun, it's beautiful. One of the things I really want to do is learn to skate so I can skate around that lake in the summer. =)
  • jmenglund03
    Options
    Hi all,

Just joined this site and was surprised to find a MN group! Awesome! I live in the northern suburbs and am looking forward to some summer road races! We signed up for a family Y membership a few months back and have been enjoying that, but it's hard to find the time to go (even though the Y has such terrific hours!). Looking forward to connecting with you all. ~Jennifer
  • falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jeff in Rochester.

I've lost 11lb in 32 days doing P90X and eating healthy. My profile is open for all to see ... friend me if you want to see my daily diary. :)
  • mjstokes05
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site. I am from Northern Minnesota - Clearbrook to be exact. I am hoping to make some new friends and supporters. I am a mom of two and a college student, finishing my LPN program this summer! Woohoo!
  • 2Tim1_7
    2Tim1_7 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey there fellow Minnesotans! I'm from "up nort" myself, though the Army's been taking me all over the place the past ten years. Currently, I'm down south in Kansas.

It's great to find MFP, a site to motivate me to get healthier, and to turn to whenever I'm nostalgic for home.

Oh, and - Go Beavers!
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    Hi! I'm Shannon. I've been on MFP for over a year now.

I was born in Wadena, MN. I grew up in Inver Grove Heights. I have lived in the Southeast Twin Cities metro area for most of my life.

I work as an IT Project Coordinator/Manager.
  • 67chevelle396
    67chevelle396 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey folks...NC transplant by way of CA....Live in Shakopee...
  • karrie2213
    karrie2213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning, fellow Minnesotans. I was born and raised in Champlin - spent the better part of 13 years trying to find "home" only to end right back here. I am excited to have found this group and am interested to share successes and struggles to help each other acheive our goals.
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey there fellow Minnesotans! I'm from "up nort" myself, though the Army's been taking me all over the place the past ten years. Currently, I'm down south in Kansas.

It's great to find MFP, a site to motivate me to get healthier, and to turn to whenever I'm nostalgic for home.

Oh, and - Go Beavers!

Go Beavers....Bemidji I take it
  • RustyIron
    RustyIron Posts: 21
    Options
    I reside in Eyota, Mn - squint those eyes when your on google maps....It does exist! haha, it's near Rochester "Home of the Mayo Clinic" - Anyone local that knows a great place to Kayak or try Stand up Paddle boarding??