Introductions

Options

Replies

• debbiesue17
    debbiesue17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm Deb, and I've lived in Minnesota my whole life except for 3 years in the 80's when I lived in Hong Kong. I absolutely loved it there, but actually missed the snow and cold.... maybe not for quite so many months of the year, though. I grew up and went to college in Moorhead (Go Cobbers!). Since returning from Hong Kong I've lived in southern MN. Dundas, Faribault, and now Northfield. I'm a teacher and swimming/diving coach. I have 7 kids.... 2 biological and 5 adopted. 3 kids are still at home, but next fall two more will head out on their own.
  • northwoodsgrrl
    Options
    Hello,

I am from the Iron Range and love the woods!
  • majormik
    Options
    Hi! I am originally from Iowa (don't hate on me!) but now live in Savage.
  • majormik
    Options
    doh! double post
  • rockchalkgrove
    rockchalkgrove Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in Maple Grove and I am glad I was infomed of this group! Hello everyone...Uff Da:laugh:
  • Janislickness
    Options
    I'm in Plymouth. Hi all. :)
  • LizFo
    LizFo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I moved to MN last year (Burnsville). New to MFP & need some friends on here! Please send me a request if you're in the same boat.
  • Kupobatcakes
    Options
    I'm new to both MN, and this site. I'm really wanting to meet new friends on here and maybe even a workout buddy :) Im in maple grove :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in West. St. Paul, graduated from Henry Sibley, and went to cosmetology school at MN School of Cosmetology (the one w/ the annoying commercials on daytime TV). :laugh: I met a Navy guy through a friend and moved to Florida where we got married, and am currently living in Virginia. I often miss the twin cities but not so much the snow. :smile:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in West. St. Paul, graduated from Henry Sibley, and went to cosmetology school at MN School of Cosmetology (the one w/ the annoying commercials on daytime TV). :laugh: I met a Navy guy through a friend and moved to Florida where we got married, and am currently living in Virginia. I often miss the twin cities but not so much the snow. :smile:

There's no snow right now, so you're not missing out! It's absolutely absurd.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options

Yeah I skyped my parents on Christmas and they said the grass was still green! :laugh: P.S. everyone down south thinks Minnesotans live in igloos :laugh:
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa I'm a wife and a mother to an almost 1 year old!!! I'm originally from Big Lake, MN but have been living in Bloomington for the past 4 1/2 years. :) I'm really enjoying this winter so far, I've never been so please with a MN winter. I'm not super new to mfp's but still getting into it, I would really like to make some friends on here and possibly find a workout buddy. :)
  • KenMonson
    KenMonson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ken Monson living in Eagan MN. Just found MFP and love it, the perfect tool to keep me motivated. I love tracking both calories and excercises in one place and the barcode scanner is awesome.
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kim and I grew up in Prior Lake and now live in Jordan with my husband and 3 dogs. I am new to MFP and this board. Finding this website and this group will keep me motivated.
  • scooter1130
    scooter1130 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HI my name is Tami and I live in Hutchinson, MN where I was born and raised. I have lived here my whole life except the year that I was a live in nanny in Woodbury.
    I have 2 girls ages 4 and 8 and I am just looking to get rid of this stupid weight that has crept up on me since birth!!!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Charlie, I've got four children, and I live in Inver Grove Heights according to the Post Office, Eagan according to the school district. I am originally from NY, and got here via Philadelphia, Maryland, and Iowa.
  • Tbirdgal_Stef
    Tbirdgal_Stef Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi eveyone, Stefanie here! I grew up on the "Iron Range" (starting at age 8), graduated there, got married there. Then moved to Texas in 2001.. Lasted nearly 6 years and got back as soon as we could!!! Once you grow up Minnesotan you want your kids to grow up the same way!!! Now in Grand Rapids raising my 2 wonderful kiddo's =) I'll take the frigid over the sweltering any day!

I have lived in 4 different town's in Minnesota and have loved all of them ;)

Best to all you Minnesotan's in 2012!!
  • Lorichr
    Lorichr Posts: 54
    Options
    Good morning! It is cold today.

I live in North Mankato; which is in southern Minnesota about 80 miles south of the twin cities.

I have been married for 21 years, childless by choice and I am a nurse. I love that there is a Minnesota group here. :smile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Yeah I skyped my parents on Christmas and they said the grass was still green! :laugh: P.S. everyone down south thinks Minnesotans live in igloos :laugh:

and every time I go back people ask me if I am going ice fishing.
  • mware01
    Options
    I'm originally from Superior WI now living in Golden Valley MN :happy: