Introductions

Options

Replies

• srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name's Brittany, I live on the Savage/Burnsville border, and work in Bloomington!
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    I am from the southwestern corner, Pipestone to be exact.

Does anyone know of good topic posts or websites where I could find walking buddies? I tried searching but most of the posts were for those up north. Thanks in advance and I hope you all have a lovely week. :)
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I'm new from the Crystal/New Hope area. I've been wanting to get fit and back into my skinny clothes for years. It took some health issues to really kick my rear in gear. I started with small changes, cut back on fast food, cut the soda (last one was March 30!!) now I'm trying to cut the frozen meals (breakfast and lunches). I'm also getting into a routine at the Y. Aside from my health one of my biggest motivators is a family trip to Aruba Spring 2015. My "goal weight" is about 125, but I'm going to focus more on how I feel and how clothes fit.
  • lbk89
    lbk89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Laura and I'm from Forest Lake/Wyoming area. However I do work in the Ham Lake/Andover/Blaine area for Anoka-Hennipen school district. I am restarting my weight loss journey and is trying to be part of a group to get the much needed support and motivation which is clearly lacking from my family right now. If anyone is interested in creating a weekly walking group please let me know! My goal is less about how much weight I lose and more of being able to keep up with my students.
  • Wandering_1
    Wandering_1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hello! Not new to MFP but Just found the MN Group.

I live near Thief River Falls, MN

Been doing the MFP thing for almost 1 year to the date. Inching closer to my goals after a couple dry spells. Originally in 2007 I was 312lbs, first attempt at losing brought me down to 285 by January 08. I leveled off there for a couple months because I was absolutely in love and content. Then her and I parted ways and I dealt with it via exercise. By Sept 08 I was down to 238lbs. Fall and winter was tough to stay motivated but I hovered in the mid 240s for that time. I meet my wife in the winter of 09. Got very comfortable and content again. 09-2012 I continued to gain weight and was back at 283lbs. January 2013 my work had a weight loss competition and I set my sights on the $50 prize :happy: By May '13 I was down to 255lbs and $50 richer. I was eating better and that winter I snowmobiled like crazy. (Actually an amazing exercise when you ride for hrs a day!)

July '13 I was back @ 260s and finding it hard to be motivated. My sister-in-law introduced me to MFP and we both set some goals and put a bet on who could get there first. She won by January '14. I had lost many inches but only 20lbs due to biking alot.

I won $50 again this year at work but our weightloss comp ended in April when I got down to 230lbs and I absolutely went on a hiatus. So back on the wagon 2 weeks ago! @240lbs. I checked in today @ 237!

MFP works!

So Hi, I'm Mike.
  • kanizalee
    kanizalee Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm Jody, from the NE side of the Cities (Shoreview/Arden Hills/Roseville area), and originally from the same spot. I've been doing MFP for several months now, and have had some good and bad yo-yo months. Trying to stick with it now that summer is in full swing. I've been hitting the gym and trying to get to walk at lunch daily, which really helps my mood and energy levels. Go figure - exercise actually FEELS good!
  • annadjanssen
    annadjanssen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Anna and I live in Staples,MN. That is near Brainerd. I am hoping I can someone near me to get together with once in a while to discuss weight loss tricks and tips, the challenges of changing your eating habits with a full house of people, an celebrate our accomplishments!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi Anna! I'm not in Staples but I drive through there a couple times a year. I'm in Cloquet (near Duluth) and have a good friend in Fargo. Last time I was in Staples was January - ended up having lunch at DQ waiting for the roads to clear up after an ice storm came through. After I saw 5 cars in the ditch I decided it was probably prudent to get off the road for a bit. The ice storm had traveled from Duluth all the way to Staples so it was a very long & slow drive home.
  • annadjanssen
    annadjanssen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura! I have family in both Duluth and Moose Lake, I am very familiar with your side if the state. While you we're at DQ there is a good chance my son helped you or cooked your food :) glad you stayed safe!
  • MrsOlson1006
    MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this group. My name is Kristin and I am a mom to a three year old. I am near Maple Grove, MN. Currently doing Paleo-ish and Herbalife eating. Looking to make friends and gain much needed support! Friend me! :happy:
  • myjding70
    Options
    Hi all!

My name is Michelle and I live in Bluffton, MN (not very far from Staples, Anna!), next door to the farm I grew up on. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2002 and have kept 100+ pounds off for over a decade. Quit smoking 4 years ago and have seen a steady creep ever since. Started on MFP about 2 months ago and started exercising 6 days a week about a month ago. Today, life is so much better than it was 60 days ago! :smile:
  • MNCPRGuy
    MNCPRGuy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I might have posted here in the past but I'm too lazy to took back through all the posts! Anyway, I'm always interested in adding MN friends. I live in Stewartville (just south of Rochester) but work in Dallas, TX every other week. GO VIKINGS

Hobbies are ice fishing and scuba diving. Also enjoy ATVing and camping but teenage children have claimed most of my weekends with soccer and volleyball tournaments. Anytime Fitness is my gym of choice and I bounce between weight training and cardiovascular.

Unfortunately, I rarely log on to MFP via PC and my droid app doesn't support the community forums. Feel free to send me a friend request and/or message if you want to chat.
  • BritDillinger
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I hope this is still active. I was born in Bemidji, lived for a year in Bloomington, did the majority of my growing and learning in Shakopee and then made a move to Chaska for a few months and then to my home now in Lakeville. I have lived here for two or so years and will be moving to Burnsville in less than a month. :)
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hello Minnesota! Who's ready for Spring?!?!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Hope it's here, beautiful today!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • PattiOestreich
    PattiOestreich Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Patti from Shakopee. Not new to MFP, but getting back on track after falling off the wagon. Always open to new friends!!
  • tops2kopsville
    tops2kopsville Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    From Minneapolis but now live in Champlin.
  • HeadsCarolinaTailsCalifornia
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Greetings Friends! Grew up in Minnesota, our last residence was Osage. We are currently living in Cape Coral, FL we are retiring the end of this year and traveling full-time. Love everything outdoors, Twins & Vikings! SKOL!
  • j0n4h8
    j0n4h8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm from West Central Minnesota.