Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• BloodbathBob
    BloodbathBob Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Kenny here, in Bruceville, IN (Knox County) in southern Indiana. I've been overweight most of my life, and at 31, it's time to finally beat this thing. I have to believe that I can really change. I know that I can, because I have. I need to lose 135 lbs.; I'm in if for the long haul.
  • cmajeff
    cmajeff Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Jeff. Father of four and live in Southern Indiana.
  • Bcd12
    Bcd12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am going to drop 15% of my body weight. And I am going to do it in 3 months. This is 25 lbs. Wish me luck,
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • FeiFeiKara
    Options
    Hello! My name is Alison I'm 22 years old and I live in Noblesville, Indiana~ I've lived here my entire life! Since I had a heart transplant at 3 days old, I want to get fit and healthy so my heart can stay strong. <3
  • Blevdeb
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Deborah and I live in NW Indiana - work in Chicago. I have reached middle age :) and am feeling the spread a bit - need to lose a few pounds, but just as important, I need to become active and fit. Was hoping to meet folks from the area and others who are working toward a goal too. Nice to meet you!
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can do it Bruce!! I have lost 125lbs over the last year and have 90 to go! MFP is great!
  • caitiemarie17
    caitiemarie17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Caitie (22)...born and raised in Indiana. I'm trying to get more fit and eat healthier this year :)
  • TamiBarnes66
    TamiBarnes66 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am Tami, born and raised in NW Indiana ( Laporte ). I am 46, married, have 3 sons; 27, 25, & 21 and 2 granddaughters, 22 months and 3 months. I just joined MFP a few days ago. I really like this site and plan on using it along with WW, (not sure if I'll go to meetings or just do it on my own.)

3 years ago I lost 80 lbs in 10 months, on my own, but by following the WW plan and working out everyday. I needed to lose about 115-120 lbs total. I mostly did walking aerobics, Leslie Sansone, shes awesome! But i did other things too.

Well I have since gained it all back. After going to my doctor in october, my labs were elevated for triglycerides and blood sugar. Doctor says I have pre diabetes.

Well that, along with not feeling healthy, and none of my clothes fitting anymore. (I gave all my big girl clothes away when I lost all that weight) I am ready to do what I need to do to feel better!

I hope to make some new friends here. Glad to Meet so many fellow Hoosiers!
  • deucewins
    deucewins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, Matt here and i'm from Jeffersonville, IN.
  • lilalicia1984
    lilalicia1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name is Alicia... Raised in Crawfordsville but now in West Lafayette...
  • stephlillyann4ever
    stephlillyann4ever Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello

names stephanie..25 years old.
    i have a two year old..name LillyAnn

and i just want to be the mom she is proud of..i remember when i was young...at times i was ashamed of my mom bc she was over weight..and i don't want that for me

so here i am..my first month with mfp..and i love it

i just joined two days ago..to this group..and finally got a chance to introduce myself

so if you like add me

can't wait to get to know everyone
  • istaria1124
    Options
    Hi all I'm Laura. Im originally from Michigan but moved here to Indiana about a year ago. Needless to say its been a bit lonely and frustrating down here in Martinsville and that motivation has wavered since fall. I have one daughter who just turned 8 and a wonderfully supportive fience who I am marrying this September.
  • Deemom8
    Options
    Hi, my name is Donna, born and raised in Crown Point, and currently live in Munster. Married, mother of 4 teenagers. Finally realizing that I need to take better care of myself. Had high blood pressure, overweight, and just feeling tired all the time. Recently joined Charter Fitness and absolutely love going to the gym every day after work to de-stress. Tracking my food thru Loseit and recently bought a Fitbit to track my activity and realized that I needed the Premium version of Lose It to sync with FItbit. I did some research and found that Fitbit syncs with MFP, so here I am back after a few months and ready to be 46 and Fabulous ! Would love some friends to help me on my journey.
  • jenkni13
    Options
    Hi My name is jennifer and I am from northern indiana. Just join mfp and have a long way to go. Looking for people to keep me motivated and share recipes. Also looking for someone near the area to start walking with..
  • abbigaildean
    Options
    Hello, Im Abbigail! I live in Fishers and Im trying to make eating healthy and being active something I do without thinking! Logging my food is a fun habit for me now. I dont have many people to keep me in check on here so add me if you like!

I will also be running a 5k every month this year! I did Bop to the Top last month (Im counting it) And Im doing the Polar Bear Run downtown this Saturday!
  • debbiecanada
    debbiecanada Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Debbie and I am from a small town in southern Indiana. Im so ready for spring to get here but we all know how the Indiana weather is :)
  • YankeesG2
    YankeesG2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Ashley. I live in Evansville Indiana. Looking foward to getting to know everyone. Add me as a friend if you like, I love giving support and recieving it as well. Good luck everyone.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi! my name is Katie. I grew up most of my life in Indiana from 4-21 years old in Terre Haute. I now live in Arkansas but am loyal to my hoosiers and have a hoosier accent.
  • countrybren
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brenda. I grew up on farms and was always active doing things outside with the animals. I used to live around the Lebanon, IN area, but recently have moved SW of Indy to Mooresville area. I don't know anyone around here so I stay home and don't get out much. I have my BF and my kids that live with me. Kids are 17 and 19. My BF and I usually work opposite shifts, so it isn't that great for us doing anything. I haven't started any kind of diet or exercise yet. Thought about trying the Atkins again. I had lost 10 #'s in 2 weeks probably 10 years ago. But not sure yet what all is out there. Will see....