Replies

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the little one and welcome!
  • Leamonator
    Leamonator Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cat and I crochet. I love making baby things...blankets, booties, hats, etc. I've also made some mittens, specialized scarves and hats. I'm currently working on some nerdy style golf hats for a friend's play. I like to crochet while I watch tv, which isn't very much :)
  • Lin806
    Lin806 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi, I"m Linda.. age 56 but whose counting. I've been crocheting off and on for years. Right now I'm working on a crocheted sweater jacket. Half way done, which i hope to finish soon so i can start a baby layette for grand baby #2 coming in September.
  • liz_steinborn
    liz_steinborn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm Liz - 28 and living in Illinois. I learned to knit & crochet in college and have been happily crafting for the last 8 years. I've made five sweaters, endless hats, quite a few baby blankets, and am really digging on a crocheted bag pattern these days. I also knit to avoid eating at night. I'm glad this group exists!
  • funinpennsylvania
    Options
    waves hello to everyone...

I'm Michelle - live in Newtown, PA. 57 you with three daughters, eight grandchildren and two great grandchildren. I've been knitting for about 4 years now but have crocheted all my life. I work full time, am an avid amateur photographer and have a passion for tennis.
  • froggieladi
    froggieladi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm an almost 56 year old wife, mother and grammy. I have been knitting for about 46 years and crocheting even longer. I learned to knit in school and my mom and grandma taught me to crochet.
  • harnish408
    harnish408 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm just getting started on my weight loss journey but I've been knitting & crocheting for 11+ years. I live in northern IL and I have two boys (ages 10 & 7).
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome and good luck. I don't crochet but I've been knitting for-evah!
  • Lin806
    Lin806 Posts: 20
    Options
    my name is Linda and i can crochet.. knitting..well. tried that.. just can't get the hang of it.. but been crocheting off and on for years and right now i'm back into doing it in the evenings while watching tv.
  • Corachan
    Corachan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Coreen. I'm a knitter from the Bay Area who also bakes and hikes in my free time.
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello all

I've recently taken up fibre crafts again. Just purchased myself a beautiful grey merino fleece that I will turn to yarn for making into many garments. I looked up 'spinning' in the exercise database and was delighted to learn I will be burning around 1000 kcals per hour. Amazing, and that's only using one foot.

Del
  • leftycrafter
    leftycrafter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :devil:

Hate to burst your bubble, but the spinning they are talking about is on a bicycle. It is a VERY fast pedaling of the stationary bike that athletes use to get in shape for long bike races.

I have looked before and there is nothing for crocheting or knitting related exercise on MFP. If there was I would be a skinny minny. LOL
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just joking Joyce.
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Robbin. I just stumbled upon your group & invited myself on in here! I'm an avid knitter been doing it for a lil over two years now & I must say I caught on quickly & went straight to the intermediate patterns. I guess if this was an AA group my introduction would be...hello my name is Robbin & I'm addicted to knitting!
  • klingtocash
    klingtocash Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kristin. I'm 32 years old and have been knitting for over 7 years. My crazy schedule keeps me from eating right and knitting as much as I would like to. I'm trying to slow myself down and get some me time in for exercise and relaxation. Glad to be here. I look forward to participating.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Kristin. I'll be 30 next month (gulp) and I have been crocheting for... well... hmm... quite a long time. Not sure how long, to be honest! My grandmother taught me when I was a kid, and then I picked it back up in 2005 or so; been crocheting since. I absolutely love it! I taught myself to knit as well, but I just can't keep a loose enough tension so that I don't drop every.single.stitch. So I crochet. I love it. I've taught myself Tunisian crochet and am currently attempting to make myself a sweater - couldn't find a pattern for what I wanted, so I'm winging it - and writing it down as I go. Who knows how it'll come out. So far, I'm having issues shaping the arms for the back, so I don't quite know what I'm going to do. Probably rip out the sections where I started shaping and figure it out from there.

Anywho, I have an 8½ month old son, and he is VERY active, so I don't have a ton of time now to crochet. But he's quite fun, so that's okay. :)

Great to meet all of you!
  • All_is_well_1959
    Options
    Hello...:flowerforyou:

I have just joined the group. I'm 52, from UK. I love knitting and have several projects on the go... I hope to finish one or tow soon.
    Thanks for the group and looking forward to sharing fitness and knitting journey.

:smile:
  • seamstar
    seamstar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hi all!
    i'm new to this group and am so happy i found it!
    i have been knitting for and crocheting for 2 1/2 years. i went crazy and made like a hundred hats!
  • Ronie111
    Ronie111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new here. I joined a few months back but I have been dragging my feet doing anything with the site.
    I have been crocheting since I was a little girl, I have just started learning to knit in the last 18 months. I have done lots of projects but not great at any of it.. I can pick up a hook and make just about anything.. it wasn't until I quit smoking that I decided that I needed to learn to read patterns... Then I wanted to learn to knit and thats what I'm doing now.. I currently have a bag in progress, A pair of 2 at a time magic loop socks... I am working on the cuffs and its going very slow.
    I would like to join a very active group with people who have simular intersts as I do.. I really don't know how to navigate this site but I did find all of you so I must be making progress... from the way I feel I am sure I have about 30 pounds to loose.... its bitter sweet... I lost 50 and then my life got turned upside down and now I need to get my weight back down again.. I eat good most of the time but I have little time for exercise. I would like a great 15 minute work out for the first thing in the morning and then maybe a quiet stretching work out at night.. that would most likely be floor exercises or yoga.. neither of which I'm very experianced with...:smile:
    I live in Oregon... a recent empty nester.. We live on the coast and by we I mean my husband and I .. We have a dog.. little doxie.. and a cat... I do caregiving for a living and we are currently looking to relocate.. if we can find a place soon it would be wonderful but it all depends on work and houseing. So it will happen when it does.. most definately before winter...:happy:
    I hope to come in here every day. I will have to bite the bullet and step on the scale :noway: and take my measurements. I also see where there is a blog for us to talk in... that will be good... I can ramble and if no one listens it will be fine...LOL
  • Brandiberry77
    Brandiberry77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just found groups, been doing MFP since Feb of this year. I love to crochet, maybe learn knitting some day. Looking for friends to follow on this fitness goal. It is tough when one of your favorite hobbies includes hours of sitting.