Introductions!

Options

Replies

• Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I swear I posted my intro here before but I don't see myself anywhere, so pardon me if I'm a repeat.
    My name is Gaby and I'm a crocheter (hooker!) who resides in Louisiana when at school, and Florida on break. I've been crocheting not even a year yet and I love it. I have no intention of stopping.
    I love amigurumi and anything useful- when I'm not making something cute, I'm making something practical like a crochet hook caddy or a cozy for my kindle.
    My ravelry name is 3jane!
  • lolarit
    lolarit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I'm new to the group so thought I would say a quick hi. I'm an avid knitter who lives in the Okanagan. I'm currently working on two blankets, a zig-zag blanket and barn raising quilt, both of which are taking forever! I like knitting dishcloths for that feeling of immediate stratification!
    I didn't realize that there was a knitting group on here, so now I'm excited that there is a space on here where I can talk about knitting and fitness :)
  • lolarit
    lolarit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm a crocheter (hooker!)

This made me laugh!
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm Sara, 28, from the Netherlands. I've crafting for about 5 years now, and I do cross-stitch, crochet, knitting, sewing and want to start needleworking soon. I'm also divinenanny on Ravelry.
  • hippiefemme
    hippiefemme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I'm Amber, a 25-year-old knitter from WV. Between my work, my partner, and our six furbabies (!), I sometimes struggle to find time to knit. However, I'm participating in the Ravellenic Games this year, and mass cast-on is tomorrow. I'm excited to be here and to meet all of you!
  • SandMaw
    SandMaw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've just joined. I am 58 yrs old. I have been crocheting for 41 years. I am glad to hear about my fitness pal and to met you all.
  • brendaf1964
    Options
    Hey Ya'll !!!

I am Brenda from Jefferson, SC and I have been crocheting for 38 years and just taught myself to knit about 2.5 years ago by watching an Elizabeth Zimmerman Workshop video. Now that I have learned to knit, I am in love!!!

Right now I am making booties, hats, and blankets to donate to a group that delivers to the NICU in hospitals in different states for the preemies.

I was so happy to have found MFP!! Now to add friends for motivation. Thanks for having me in this group and look forward to chatting and adding friends to my site!!

Huggies,
    Brenda
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Clara - Knit-iot on ravelry. I'm currently living in China with my husband but I am from England. I'm a teacher at an international school here. I'm trying to lose about 10 pounds...not much really but I love food so trying to find a balance between eating food I enjoy and eating for that will nourish my body is the challenge I need to overcome. I have decided to try to reduce the grains that I eat...

I have been knitting since May 2010. I started because I needed to do something with my hands to stop me comfort eating! I really enjoy it though. I have also recently taken up spinning although I'm not very good yet! Feel free to add me!
  • BEB54
    BEB54 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....I just joined last night and it is great to find a group that shares my favorite hobbies crocheting and knitting. I have been crocheting for a while, I just learned to knit 3 years ago and I can say I do not knit as fast as I crochet. I live in Florida with my hubby and our "children"(1 dog, 4 cats, 7 birds, and 1 rabbit). I need to lose 80+ pounds and get healthy. Right now I am crocheting a purse and knitting some placemats....I always seem to have more than one project I am working on!
  • Knitwithme
    Options
    Hi all

I'm Yvonne and I manage an LYS. I love to knit, but find that I don't often have much time! I've designed my first project but am still working out the kinks. It's a toy, so don't get all excited that I have a sweater pattern out there somewhere.

Hope to find encouragement here...I need it!
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've been crocheting for about 10 years, knitting on an off for about 5...mostly off. I'm in the middle of crocheting a shrug and knitting a sweater, as well as working on Christmas gifts! I'm chickwithhooks over at Ravelry.
  • craftnutgw
    craftnutgw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joined Fitness Pal in August - still getting used to it. Live in Nova Scotia. Love to knit and crochet. My craft friends always give me lots of leftover yarn so I use it to make things for charity. I am also on Ravelry and just joined the Fitness Pal group (craftnut). Trying to balance exercise time with knitting time!
  • pugmomma1951
    pugmomma1951 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am a 60 year old grandmother, who was taught to knit by her mother when I was 8. Been knitting, crocheting, embroidering, doing counted cross stitch, and needlepoint. Right now I knit whenever I can. I usually have a small portable knitting project, like socks, in my purse.
  • bigsis91
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Clareece, and I'm 20. I live in a little town called Warsaw,IL. I joined TOPS (Taking off Pounds Sensibly) yesterday with my dad; my mom and brother joined earlier. I enjoy knitting and crocheting and used to be in a Tuesday night knitting club; I'll miss them but my health needs to be a higher priority right now. I hope that this group will help me combine my passion for crafting with my passion for fitness. :love: Sincerely,
    Clare:smile:
  • cactus1219
    cactus1219 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a 25 year old writer who has been knitting serious since 2010. I started learning how to spin in March 2012 and have one wheel (as of now.) I am currently starting the couch to 5k program and hoping to get back in shape.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people!
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
    can't believe i found knitters. beyond excited. I'm 30ish Irish. love to knit. hate to swatch. gets me into all kinds of trouble. nice to meet ye all :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hi dillydally! Welcome to the group!
  • JustasiaS
    JustasiaS Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 29 year old knitter from Ohio. I picked up Stitch n ***** and a set of knitting needles and yarn in 2004 and haven't looked back! Even though I've been knitting for 8 years now I consider myself a beginner/novice. I've recently started trying to improve my knitting skills and even managed to learn to cable. Knittingwise my dream is to make myself a sweaterdress (and an awesome bag to go with it).
  • psychwardmascot
    psychwardmascot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sophie and I've been knitting since I was around 6, and crocheting starting a little later. I spin quite a bit too, and I'd like to learn to dye. I gained some weight when I started taking a new medicine, and now I want to get back to a weight I feel good about.