Welcome! Please read before posting :)

Options

Replies

• katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Katt and I am 5ft1 and almost 41. I started at 173lbs and am now at 162lbs and want to get to 123lbs because that will be a nice round 50 :laugh: There is no way I'd have ever believed it would be possible but since joining this site I see many have done it and many have lost much, much more. I feel it is different this time, I have accepted it will not be a quick process and am starting as I mean to go on and living life along the way. For exercise I walk a lot and use fitness dvds. I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred and am about to do level 2 day 8 tomorrow :smile:
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this group, as well as Myfitnesspal! I might have you beat for the shortest girl, I'm 4'10 and a little bit LOL. I think this group is a really cool idea.
  • ustillcan
    ustillcan Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new to MFP and working hard to get back to a healthy weight. I'm 'almost' 62 and have dieted off and on since I was 14. So...I'm trying to focus on healthy lifestyle, more exercise and dealing with some food intolerances that I hope will also improve. I need to loose about 20 lbs, I'm happy with anything under 130 ! My goal is to exercise more, reduce carbs.
  • smoreztero
    smoreztero Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name's Shino, I'm 21 years old and 4'11-ish almost 5'0 :p
    I weigh 127lbs and looking to drop to 120lbs and then tone up!
    Looking for friends, motivators and supporters and if you need the same, I'm here for you too! :)
    I just began my fitness journey today and so far so good-ish .. :)
  • elliewo
    elliewo Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'0" and in my mid 45. Is anyone else 5'0" and mid 40s?
    I definitely don't burn calories like I did in my 30s.
    I 'm working on losing 24 pounds to go back to a healthy BMI (120 lbs).
    I will do a combo of speed walking (outside and in gym) and Youtube clips of exercises to stretch and maintain muscles.
    I saw a nutritionist who put me on a 1300 calories a day diet, with a specific proportion of fat, protein, and carbs. She was all about setting a realistic plan to help me lose weight slowly.
    I hope I get to meet others who are 5'0" and 40s. :)
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Melissa and I am 5'2" with my sneakers on!
    I am currently 170 and on my way to lose 26 more.
    I'm 44 so I picked 144 as a goal weight, but that would put me at a healthy range.
    I walk ~3X per week, it would be more but more frequently now I am practicing softball with my DD13.
  • elliewo
    elliewo Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Melissa,

Good luck! I am trying to lose at least 23 lbs. to be healthy.
  • MynameisKimba
    Options
    Hi! I'm Xena, and I have 67 lbs to go (started out having to lose 70, so every bit feels like a giant victory!). I'm 5'2 (if I stretch a bit) and lovingly call myself a Hobbit (I do love my meals and my strolls through the garden lol). I live in BC, Canada and we just moved to this town a week ago, so you can imagine how stressed out my life is at the moment. I have never seen so many boxes in one place at one time outside of the ending scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark. lol Anyway, thanks for letting me int he grop and I look forward to chatting with everyone and lending my support as much as I can. Best of luck to all on their journeys! :)
  • ashley_144000
    ashley_144000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ashley & I'm 5'2". I am 26 years old & just had a sweet baby boy! I have 6 pounds to go & I'll be at my goal!! I'm going on vaca next week so I'm really needing to lose those pounds fast!
  • esmaythemermaid
    esmaythemermaid Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow shortiesss!!:) my name is Esmay and I'm 5'1". I am currently trying to recover from an eating disorder of 4 years. Relearning how to have a healthy relationship with food and body image, and--most importantly--with myself :). I'm also a vegan and self taught yogi. I love working out but history has shown that I tend to over do it, especially when it comes to cardio. I'm trying to he a basic workout routine going that will just tone my muscles. I want to be lean and strong, no longer trying to be a dainty skeleton:). And I'm so excited that this group is a thing!! Yay:) anyone is free to friend me on here. Always looking for fellow supporters for a healthy life!

Good luck to everyone on their weighs journey!!:))
  • jayladeyman
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'2 and 130. Looking to lose around 10 pounds or so..but more focused on just writing down everything i eat and exercising daily.. add me if we have similar stats and such :)
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5' 1.75" and currently working to lose 24 lbs by the end of the year. My goal weight is about 145 which I think would be healthy for me.
  • autumnalakika
    Options
    Hi, I'm 4'11" and about 145 lbs. I'm aiming to lose about 35, but as long as I look skinnier and my clothes fit better I really couldn't care less what the scale says. I don't actually own a scale, I'm guesstimating my weight (and then converting and rounding, so accuracy is not strong here), but next time I'm at the gym (which should be tomorrow) I will see what I really am.
  • tramsey14
    tramsey14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and wondered if there are still challenges? I am 4'11" and 130 lbs. I am looking to lose some weight but really my interest is strength training and toning my stomach and lower body. If I lose weight in the process great but if I am still 130 lbs but look toned and healthy that is fine too! My problem is I hate cardio but love to lift weights. (I'm not by any means trying to look like a body builder either.) My problem is I have two kids and they keep me in the go with sports practice and games so it can be hard to make it to the gym! Just looking for friends and support!
  • Mbarrettkyle
    Mbarrettkyle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Margaret, and I am 5'1", barely. I belong!
  • danalopez52
    danalopez52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group. I am 5'1.5". I was 198 in September 2014, and am down to 167. My goal (based on history, body type, health and comfort) is 135-145. I'm 32 now, and in my best shape when I was in the military, I was around 129, 130 or so. That was about 10 years ago though!
  • Hijinkz
    Hijinkz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Dom and I'm 5'3'' and really looking to get healthy and meet others like myself.
  • misspluu
    misspluu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this group. My name is Peggy and I'm 5'2''. I'm looking for like-minded people to help keep me going. I was doing really well with nutrition and exercise since Dec 2014 and last week was my first time just giving up (being lazy and eating junk). I kind of have a weight goal but I really just want to wear a U.S. size 4 comfortably. I think... I need a an accountabilibuddy. Any volunteers?
  • SamShepard2015
    SamShepard2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I finally found the fellow fun-sized people! I'm new to MFP, and need some motivation buddies. I'm Sam, I'm 5 ft even and at about 180. My goal weight is 120-130. I've got a ways to go, but I've got MFP now. :)
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Jessica. I am returning to this group. I stink at being consistent with my plan. However, since I have figured out the best plan for me (Intuitive/Mindful Eating), I am getting better with my consistency.