Welcome! Please read before posting :)

Options

Replies

• kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I wanted to introduce myself! I'm 4'10" and 121 lbs. My heaviest was 140 lbs. (after being on Lexapro for a few years). My goal weight is between 105-110lbs. I am a runner and have run 4 half-marathons in the last few years. Am very happy to be here among my short peeps! :bigsmile:
  • LadyFleata
    LadyFleata Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HI I'm Tracey.I'm 32 and I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Hypothyroidism, makes loosing weight an uphill struggle.

Currently i'm using a static bike on the lower resistance setting and Exerbest gym class workout on the wii. Both are low impact so no stress on my joints.

I have a blog http://tiredofbeing2tired.blogspot.com where i post a daily blog about how im coping, what im trying and what i find out about CFS alont the way.

I was recommended this site as i have wasted money on weight watchers and tescos diets both of which didnt loose me a single lbs but cost me lost of £££'s.

I'm also allergic to wheat, severely allergic to wheat and aspartame, which means alot of diet and none sugar food/drinks are a no go too.

Coping everyday and my husband stops my buying chocolate. To date I havent had a single peice of choclate single boxing 2011 to 1 month and counting. It's not easy tho, I crave chocolate everyday.
  • Cassie3669
    Cassie3669 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :smile: :happy: Hi I am Cassie and somewhere between 5'2" and 5'3". I joined MFP in October 2011. I look forward to meeting y'all !!
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Grace, 1.53m (about 5ft I think?) and 45-ish kg. Am looking to maintain my weight and get rid of all those extra fatty bits around my tummy, thighs & butt... and oh yeah, hopefully lose all that cellulite in the process! Joined MFP like 2 weeks ago, looking forward toa great time here! :wink:
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! My name is Chelsey and I'm 5'1". Ever since I graduated from college, I've noticed I have gained a tremendous amount of weight. I was pretty sad about leaving college so I started eating a lot more junk food and not walking as much as I used to. I want to get in shape and be a healthier me. I was a little hesitant about joining the community because I like to think of myself as a shy person, but after browsing the boards for about a week now, I realize that the best part about MFP is the community love.

I've already lost about ten pounds before I started MFP, but I have a long way to go until I reach my ultimate goal weight of about 130lbs. I am at 220lbs now and I want to reach about between 160 and 170lbs by June for a wedding. I am working out four to five times a week doing a combination of strength training and cardio with the elliptical machine and jump rope.

If any one wants to be my friend or needs someone to give them motivational support, I am here to chat, swap recipe ideas, and work out routines!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Welcome new members! I hope you enjoy the group and get the support that you need! We are all in this together!
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    Look out - I'm a real girl now instead of a fairy lol :(

Oh how I wish i was a fairy :laugh:

Me tooo!!! Lol :)

Heya everyone, I'm rachel and i'm 5'1 :)
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1" and new to mfp. I've been slowly taking the weight off, but getting frustrated with setbacks. Dammit. I want to be my goal weight now! LOL.
  • seasonalspice
    seasonalspice Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and 5'3. I'm a first year teacher and noticed when I got married my size and weight was fluctuating a lot (up and down). So, instead of risking it being up and staying up I have been making really healthy habits (46 oz + of water daily, exercise 6x a week, 5 fruits/veggies a day) and counting calories.

Happy to be here! :)
  • ddsin615
    ddsin615 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I'm Danielle. New to mfp and this group. I'm 5' weighing in at around 135 (it's been awhile since I got on the scale). Goal weight is around 115. :)
  • 2cutie
    2cutie Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello everyone Rochelle is my name....I think I will enjoy this group I am 5ft 138 need to lose 10lb..........
  • Tinysoon
    Tinysoon Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello, my name is Catie and I am 5'3. I started counting on Dec.3, 2011 at 235 and today I weighed in at 206. I cannot wait to get under 200 its been years. MFP was a wonderful gift to me. Thank you for your support. :smile:
  • aw1968
    aw1968 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Amanda and I'm 5'3. It's great to find tips for petite ladies.:wink: My weight is 134 and I would like to get down to 120. It's so hard to lose weight when you are short, don't have many pounds to lose, and I'm 43. Hopefully I will at least see a change in inches.
  • worthalot
    Options
    :smile: :flowerforyou: Hello everyone my name is Alicia. New member to MFP! No weight loss so far. I am 5' 1" (fun size). I currently weigh 170 lbs but hoping to loose 10 lbs. Im trying to set short term goals at first. Feel free to request me as a friend. Glad there is a group for the shorties!
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm Christen. I am 36 and weigh 160-ish. I am looking to lose 40 lbs. I am 5'2".
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Audrey, new to the group. I'm 5'2" needing some friends for support. Looking forward to see what the April challenge is!!
  • loztandfound
    loztandfound Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    woooooo, small people! i always like to think of myself as portable, or pocket sized..... :)

i am Loz, i am 5'3" (grew an inch when i put on weight, how weird) and am trying to take off a fair bit. I am definitely looking at doing challenges, but i do tend to have fails after a couple of weeks on the challenges, so please kick my *kitten* if i am not on here every couple of days!!

i.... don't know what else to say, eek!

Loz xx
  • butterflysue44
    Options
    Hi my name is Susan and I am proud to say I am 4 ft 10 in. After 3 children I need to loose 50 lbs and have only lost 7lbs, so far. I love to keep my workouts fresh by changing my routine between, Zumba, dance, tae bo, circuit training and yoga. Looking for other people struggling to lose weight who are short and mighty like me!!!
  • lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I'm Monica, 5 ft, and looking to lose 7-10lbs that I've put on starting a new job about 8 months ago. Super excited to find a group focused on shorter ladies since we def tend to have different challenges.
  • lilbpixie
    lilbpixie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm 5'2" 30yrs old and would love to be down to 110lbs. Its hard when everyone I work with is at least 5'6" and on a diet tell me that if i am 110 i will look sickly :cry: I started out at 152lbs and i have about 10 more to go. Truth be told I would rather have a toned tummy then a lower number on the scale:love: