Welcome! Please read before posting :)

Options
L2M1D52
L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
Welcome both new and returning Vertical Challengers! Feel free to introduce yourself if you are new! We have started this group in September of 2011 and have monthly challenges. You do not have to participate in the challenge. This is also a place for support. However, if you are in the challenge please fill out your information on the roster. Make sure to follow the tabs located at the bottom of the spreadsheet for the current challenge. The link is located at the bottom of this message.

In addition, I thought it would be simple to have a specific location to post for different topics (e.g, success, fitness, nutrition, etc.). We'll see whether people like it or I can scratch the concept all together. Of course everyone can start a new topic or if you have any other ideas, let us know! That also includes ideas for future challenges or ways to get to know each other better.

Thank you, make yourself at home and welcome!! :heart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Replies

• Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This is such a good idea. Now instead of traveling through the whole thread we can just make new topics! You are brilliant :)

Edit to add:

You should make a Challenge thread, too. So that we can post how its going for the challenge specifically.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kirsty and I am 21! I am 5'2 (and a half) and would love to have some support and encouragement from other women who are short as well! :bigsmile:
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Thanks Sarah! Welcome Kirsty!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sarah! Welcome Kirsty!

Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hehehehehehehe, that's me being Excited!!!! Cool 'little' group!! Thank you laloquita :flowerforyou:

Ladies, we now have an 'official' home. Ahhhhhh home sweet home *puts feet up with cuppa in front of open fire* (of course, only until body combat later, wouldn't want to lounge around too long....) :smile:
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    ooohhh fun... I'm short :)

I'll join in for Nov :)
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Hehehehehehehe, that's me being Excited!!!! Cool 'little' group!! Thank you laloquita :flowerforyou:

Ladies, we now have an 'official' home. Ahhhhhh home sweet home *puts feet up with cuppa in front of open fire* (of course, only until body combat later, wouldn't want to lounge around too long....) :smile:

I'll sit down and join ya! (For a little while of course) :wink:
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Nitalynne,
    No problem for relocating the group. Sorry I had to delete that post. Once I created the new topics it pushed the welcome one to the bottom and I had to redo it. :happy:
  • melmarie4
    Options
    Hi, my name is Melinda and i'm 5'2. i think this group is a great idea! i was wondering what challenge the group is doing right now so i can join in?
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Hi, my name is Melinda and i'm 5'2. i think this group is a great idea! i was wondering what challenge the group is doing right now so i can join in?

Info is in the challenge thread. Welcome to the group!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Yay!! now I will be able to keep up with the topics with out having to go through a million and a half pages on the thread!
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I actually feel tall here! :D I'm Cris, and 5'3.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Susan and I am 5'2"
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    This is a brilliant new setup - I LOVE IT :happy:

So much easier to group our discussions instead of trawling through the whole lot.
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Love it and you ladies are brilliant. Thank you for your continuing support and creativity.
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    I'm doing the jump in the air and hit my feet together! I don't know how to add those fancy icons people use that aren't in the mfp database. LoL Glad you guys like it!
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Melinda, and i'm excited to join this group! I am 5 foot 1 1/2. and and trying to get down to my present goal weight of 140 lbs! I am from Canada and am a Registered Nurse. Love the challenge idea! Good look on your weight loss everyone!
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm almost 2 months in and this is my first MFP group. I feel right at home. 5'2.5" and my name is Crystal :) I'm going from 147.4 to 126- and am almost half-way there. Go Shorties!
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm Christy. I'm 5'1" and at 138 about 10lbs from goal. I'm a college professor. I teach math and psychology. I'm also a HCG'er (but don't hold that against me ;)
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    I'm Christy. I'm 5'1" and at 138 about 10lbs from goal. I'm a college professor. I teach math and psychology. I'm also a HCG'er (but don't hold that against me ;)

Psychology and a professor! Amazing. I just graduated with my Masters in Forensic Psychology and currently teach grad school for psych.