Welcome! Please read before posting :)

Options

Replies

• MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone, it's nice to see so many new faces :smile:

We do have a challenge running at the moment and we are logging here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US#gid=2

If you wish to participate (not compulsory) add your name indicating at the end you are new so when it rolls over you'll be added. It's the second tab at the bottom we are working on at the moment. The current challenge is coming to an end - but hopefully we will have a new one running soon, so keep checking. And to anyone else who just doesn't fancy the challenges, that's all good, just sit back and chat and try to spur the rest of us on!!!!
    Haha :happy:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Cool, I added myself. I will add my exercise minutes tomorrow and can do it for the beginning of November too. I always drink my water woo woo :) Don't usually log it but I guess I will start doing that.
  • 2wawas
    2wawas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow MFP members. I'm Catharine. I'm 5'2", 54 years old from Huntsville, Ontario Canada. Fifteen years ago (when I was much younger and in better shape) I lost 71 pounds. I journaled everything I ate every single day. We didn't have a program like MFP back then so I did it all manually. It was time consuming but I did it! Then I met my (now) husband - - priorities and eating habits changed! And I have gained all the weight back over these years. So, it's time to get back at it. I workout in our home gym at least 3 times/week (4 if I can squeeze in the time since I also work full-time). My goal is to lose 60 pounds. I am in week 5 now and have lost 9 pounds to date. I'm happy to be part of this group!!!
  • floreo22
    floreo22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hi my fellow shorties! my name is lily and i'm 5' 3", thought i would join because it's good to have support from similar people! i'm from england, just graduated university and have about 80lbs to lose. my inspiration is my sister's wedding next august, where i will be chief bridesmaid and have to wear a dress... i refuse to look horrid in photos that will be in my family forever!
    i have lost 10.5lbs so far (some before mfp) in about 4 weeks. i look forward to getting to know everyone :)
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Prerana. I live in India. I'm 5'2" and am trying to get rid of my pregnancy weight(and TTC weight gain). I can see 0.5-1 lb losses every week since I got on here 7 weeks ago. I'm hoping that I'll get to pre-preggo wt by my son's B'day in dec. From there I have another 14-17lbs to go to hit my pre TTC weight(108-110 lbs). This is my second child and I'm finding weight loss really hard this time around.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Barb, I am 5 2' and trying to get down to decent weight again. It is a battle and I am happy to be joining you.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm Monica....I'm 5'3".....144 lbs...goal weight is 133...but thinking of lowering it!! Nice to meet all you fellow shorties!! :happy:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in. :) I find it's sometimes hard to relate to people half a foot taller....lol

I'm 5'0, currently 141...I would love to get down to 120 pounds BUT I do want to get more definition so when I add some muscle I might only get to 130...but if I don't get to 120 there MUST be a difference in inches at least. :)
  • TashaJ45
    Options
    Hey I'm Tasha!
    This group was a great idea!! I'm just a little over 5 feet. I started out at like 139 and I'm currently 127. I would like to get down to 110-115 before my wedding next spring AND MAINTAIN that weight. Glad to be apart of the group! ;)
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Glad to see new faces. It's always great to see people with the same range in goals. We all know our current weights would be just fine if we were taller. However, us shorties have a bigger challenge to get to our "right" size. Welcome!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    ... We all know our current weights would be just fine if we were taller. ..

lol that's what I always say. I have some taller friends who always say "Oh you don't need to lose weight!" but I always say that even though I'm not really heavy, I'm still heavy for MY height. Even being 3 inches taller would put me at a good weight but those 3 inches make a big difference.
  • Mymag
    Mymag Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ... We all know our current weights would be just fine if we were taller. ..

lol that's what I always say. I have some taller friends who always say "Oh you don't need to lose weight!" but I always say that even though I'm not really heavy, I'm still heavy for MY height. Even being 3 inches taller would put me at a good weight but those 3 inches make a big difference.

Yup, my sisters are all about 6 or 7 inches taller than I am. When I said I wanted to get down to 120, they were like "What? That's way too skinny!" And I have to remind them how much shorter I am. Two of the three sisters are in the 135-140 range and they look great and always forget that it's really different for me.

Oh yeah-- I just joined the group :) I'm Maggie, I'm 5'0" and 152 pounds. My goal is 120, but once I get there, I'll decide if I want to go farther. I think I'll look fine at 120, but something about being in the 110-115 range is REALLY appealing :)
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hello there im new at this group. I just found out about it. Im SHORT :) 4 feet 8 and im 33 years old. I've always been the chubby girl. Everyone thinks im prego. I did loose weight but not much :( I need to firm that belly. Nice to meet you all. feel free to add me .
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, my first group, woo hoo!
    I am 5"3' and 30 years old, I started at 171lbs and I'm aiming for 125! Nice to be with a group who appreciates how ace shorties are :)
  • HannahRodriguez
    Options
    I'm Hannah, I am 5' 1" and getting shorter (I have scoliosis and have shrunk 2" already in my life) I started this diet at 189lbs and my goal is 123lbs. I weight 167lbs now but weighted 159lbsn at once point this late summer but I slid back a little because I lost my free time when school started and I lost my gym membership due to some income loss. I really hate being short sometimes it so hard because a lot of my friends have always weighted more then me but carried it better because of their weight and I don't feel as much progress when I loose weight....I like being short but still...
  • SpecialKwest
    SpecialKwest Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristen. I'm 5'0" and I don't know my current weight, as I haven't weighed myself in awhile (going to the doctors next Friday, hopefully the scale will be forgiving...) but I'm guessing between 140-150. I'm a college student, and Freshman year gave me about 30lbs, not 15. Before college, I was at my all-time lowest at 122 lbs, and man I regret thinking I was fat then.

It's hard to be the extremely short friend, because my tall friends all weigh more than me, but they don't look it. I'm glad that a lot of people on here have had similar experiences. :)
  • cameralinds
    Options
    So excited that I found this group. I'm between 5' and 5'1" depending on the time of day and my posture. I'm looking to cut around 10% of my body fat, which should make my goal about 120-125 lbs.

I'll offer what support and encouragement I can to anyone that needs it. Have a beautiful day, folks.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Welcome lovely people!

I hope you'll find some great people on here and some extra support that you need while achieving your goals! Don't forget to check out the challenge thread on here. We have monthly or weekly challenges that we do and you can join in whenever. The actual challenge is listed on the first post of the challenge thread. As well, if you have any ideas you'd like to have as a challenge, don't hesitate to let us know. :bigsmile:
  • shortmom60
    Options
    Hi...I just joined my first group, have been quiet on the forums so far but love having a shorties group.

I'm 5'1 and weigh in at 157...yikes! I did start out at 165 and would love to reach 130 or so. Look forward to being with a group that knows how it is to be short.
  • AnnieSPAJ
    AnnieSPAJ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Annie. I'm 5' and currently 165. Starting weight was 172 and trying to get to 120. I put on way too much while I was pregnant.