Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Who are you! - I'm Jeralyn! (rhymes with Marilyn)

Age? - 35

Female or male? - Female, but a tomboy mostly

RP? - WoW, some Rift, waiting for GameFly to send me Skyrim one day... Looking forward to TERA Online.

LARP? - No Thanks

What are your weightloss goals?! - get to a healthy BMI and then take it from there.

How many pounds have you lost? - 25

Favorite Games? - Ya'll, I love me some Ghost Recon. I'm waiting for the new one in May. I mostly like FPS, but I can only take Halo in short bursts. I'm still madly in love with old school Time Splitters! And I like Dance Central.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Who are you! - I'm Jeralyn! (rhymes with Marilyn)

Age? - 35

Female or male? - Female, but a tomboy mostly

RP? - WoW, some Rift, waiting for GameFly to send me Skyrim one day... Looking forward to TERA Online.

LARP? - No Thanks

What are your weightloss goals?! - get to a healthy BMI and then take it from there.

How many pounds have you lost? - 25

Favorite Games? - Ya'll, I love me some Ghost Recon. I'm waiting for the new one in May. I mostly like FPS, but I can only take Halo in short bursts. I'm still madly in love with old school Time Splitters! And I like Dance Central.

That is a great screen name!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Age? 21!
    Female or male? Female!
    RP? WoW all day every day, some SWToR, some Rift, some DCU:O!
    LARP? I can't get into it, haha.
    What are your weightloss goals?! Fit comfortably into a size 6 US
    How many pounds have you lost? About 9 since starting MFP!
    Walk on the Beach? Only if the sand isn't cold like it is here in Maine :(
    Favorite games: WoW, The Old Republic, Magic: The Gathering, good old-fashioned Pokemon Yellow and Super Mario World, The Sims (any and all), COD MW:3
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    Hello! I'm 30 and currently on maternity leave from work with my second baby. My favourite games are RPG's, and I'm currently working my way through Skyrim on the PS3 as and when I can fit it in around the baby and exercise! I also like strategy PC games such as Civilization, I've played all versions and still love it! I'm also a bit addicted to The Sims :)

My weightloss goals are on my sig, slowly but surely working my way towards them! I aim to look as good as I can for bikini wear in the summer!
  • Aelita_92
    Aelita_92 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hai :smile: I'm Ashlyn. 19, female, Australia, cosplayerr
    I've lost like 16kgs since 08-09, hoping to get a bikini body
    No rp or larp
    My favourite games are Assassin's Creed (all of them), Portal, Minecraft, LBP, Pokemon, Heavenly Sword and I also play mario, gta, driver, final fantasy, blazblue, code lyoko, etc lalala
  • dramabean86
    Options
    Hi! ^_^

i'm Jen, I'm a chick, and I'm in Texas!

I used to WoW, but I'm almost entirely a console player now (my husband's Mac is so old it isn't worth trying to play things on!)
    Right now I'm mostly playing Skyrim, but I also need to finish Red Dead Redemption and Bioshock 2. I'm really, REALLY behind in video games. I've beat Mass Effect 2 but I've been banned from buying ME3 until I finish a game.. teehee..

I fight for control of the tv with my husband, who is working on Skyward Sword right now :D

I've always had huge hips and boobs, but they've gotten TOO big lately. My starting weight back in October 2011 was 195, but I didn't get serious until January of this year, when I weighed 191. So far, I've lost about 11 pounds, and I'm looking to get down to 160. Technically, that's still overweight for my height (5'2"), but I've always felt pretty hott at that weight, so that's my goal!

I love that there is a gamer group on here, and I'd love to have gamer friends for support! :happy:
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Who are you!
    hey guys im Dean,Deanthedog,Dog or Dingo
    me and my family are all gamers gaming gadgets include laptop/PC,xbox 360's,PS3, wii,tablets,ipod,phones,dsi/ds,leap pads(kids tablets) along with some oldies like the PS1/PS2,N64,game cube,game boy,mega drive ....i like most games no point me even listing them i give them all a go...

Age?
    im 24

Female or male?
    male

What are your weightloss goals?!
    to lose a few Ibs and get fit and healthy

How many pounds have you lost?
    since starting MFP only 1Ib (started a week ago) but total is around a stone
  • Syde86
    Syde86 Posts: 1
    Options
    sup guys, I'm Syde
    26 (1986)
    Male
    I'm from Malaysia,
    I dont think we have RP or LARP here (not that I know off)
    Im a pc gamer, 8 hours of work, another 6 hours spending time playing games from Battlefield to Dota.
    Eat whatever I want, sleep whenever I feel like it..
    Weight over 220 pounds... at the height of 5'10

NOW, I want to change all that...
    Its been my 2nd week of working out, 6 days a week. 3 days at the gym, another 3 jogging.
    as of today (20th march 2012) I'm now at the 216 pounds...

Target weight-loss = 165 pounds.
    How many pounds have you lost? = So far I've lost 4 pounds
    Walk on the Beach? = Sometimes O_O"
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'm Jess from Tennessee.
    Female
    I prefer LARP, dungeons and dragons ( yeah I'm a dinosaur) civilization, and fable. When I can afford alien ware I'm gonna do WoW

I'm 5'2" and started at 284 on MFP but was more like closer to 300 lbs at one point. I was miserable, and since I have a small frame it was causing me to have a whole lot of health problems. I had borderline high blood pressure and a lot of hip, knee, and joint pains. I work 12 hours on my feet and I would have to eat tylenol and ibuprofen like candy just to get through my shift. My wake up call came when I had a patient look me in the eye and tell me, " there is nothing wrong with you. You're a good person. Just because you have extra weight to lose doesn't mean you're not worth your weight in gold. Don't be like me". The next day I started on Weight Watchers. I got depressed and ended up gaining more weight after I had quit. I found MFP and have lost 30.2 lbs. my current weight is 253.8 and my goal weight is 115-130lbs. Heck I'd be happy to get below 200lbs. I haven't weighed under 200 lbs since I was 18. I do Zumba and follow a low fat pescetarian, dairy free diet with the occasional serving of chicken, low fat cheese and fat free yogurt.

I want to be able to walk on the beach in a bikini with confidence.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'm Whitney. 24 years old. 100% female.

Back in the old days I RP'd on a message board type board thingger. It was an addiction that was only squelched when my home board shut down. Now I play RPG games on the computer and PS3. I enjoy the Dragon Age games, Final Fantasy, Persona, The Witcher, etc. I'm getting into the Heroes of Might and Magic games and I play LORTO, my first MMORPG! I love little big planet as well... who doesn't?!

I hope to lose 45 lbs (before re-evaluating) and I have lost almost 26 now (the official week's weigh in is tomorrow and so the ticker updates then!).

Walks on the beach are pretty awesome. Can't deny that.

IS there anything hotter then Geeky girls........When did girls start playing RPG's and what not.....lol Damn I am behind the times

Times have changed!!! :)
  • atomictiffany23
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm Tiff, 21 years old female.
    I've tried RPing a few years ago, didn't go very well. Play mostly any games, mostly flash games right now.
    Favorites are Gears, Halo, Assassins Creed, Band games, kinect games and especially Fable =]
    I mostly just want to get into shape, been unhealthy my whole life. Just started really getting into this, so haven't lost anything yet.
  • Angelatrudel
    Angelatrudel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Angela, im 27 yrs old, married and have 2 small kids. I am nurse and Play WOW every spare min i get lol. Im 5'6'' 270lbs ( way to much over weight), my goal is 170lbs...so I want to be down 100lbs by next summer so I can wear a bathing suite on a sandy water front vacation! lol, any other wow gamers here? Any fellow wow gamers who want to add me go ahead! and any other gamers are welcome as well :flowerforyou:
  • en4cerd43
    en4cerd43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello gamers; I'm Eric, a 31 year old male.

I'm currently 261 pounds and looking to get down to 215 and maintain from there. I was a power lifter a few years back, but a knee injury has caused me to refocus my fitness goals. I have decided to do a lot of hi rep/low weight workouts to get leaner and take some of the strain off of my knees. I recently discovered I have a knack for healthy cooking, which after gorging on fast food for the past 8 months, kind of surprised me.

I have all three current generation consoles and if anyone is up for online gaming, my gamertag is en4cerd43. I can usually be found playing Mass Effect 3 and/or Power Up Heroes for the Xbox 360. I just started a playthrough of Heavy Rain on the PS3 and am thinking of live blogging a full playthrough of the Mass Effect series including all DLC packs. As you may have guessed, I think the Mass Effect series is one of the absolute best science fiction stories, let alone video game franchises, of all time.
  • princessgotchi
    princessgotchi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey i'm tam, 24y/o from manchester uk, currently 199lbs, wanting to drop a few dress sizes before my 25th.
    i'm a tattooist and gamer. into fps's, racing games, and the occasional platformer. and its PS3 all the way.

really need some encouragement to stop racing around on GT and motorstorm and go for a run.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just found this group through one of my friends.

My name is Becca and I am a 30 year old female.

I am currently sitting at 210 with 24 lbs lost. My overall goal is the 150's and just being healthy. For me, it is about changing my life in multiple ways and my weight is just one of them. I realized last year how unhappy I was in general and decided that, for once, I needed to think about me. I got out of an unhealthy relationship early this year, I've been working out (loving pilates and kickboxing so far, but I do want to start walking/running soon) and meditating, my diet is a ton better (though I am a moderation type of person), and I'm working towards my MBA and my certificate in Health Care Administration.

As for gaming, I enjoy a lot of different types.

PC: I have played EQ and WoW in the past. I currently play Guild Wars 1 and will be playing GW2 when it is released. I also enjoy Elder Scrolls and Neverwinter Nights.

Console: I have a PS2 and a XBOX360 with Kinect. There has not been anything on the PS3 that was a "must have" that I couldn't also get on XBOX or PC. My favorite game series of all time is Suikoden. I also enjoy Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey... stuff like that.

Roleplay: I enjoy roleplaying, but have not been able to do it in awhile. I have played Dungeons and Dragons, Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Kindred of the East, Changing Breeds, and D20 Modern. Can you tell I am a White Wolf Fan? Though I enjoy the older stuff more then the new. I have never Live Actioned though... just table top.

Otherwise, I like to write, draw, listen to a wide range of music, watch movies (and TV shows and Anime), and cook.
  • Xbwalker
    Xbwalker Posts: 65
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    What are your weightloss goals?!
    How many pounds have you lost?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!
    Who are you! - My Name is Brandon
    Age? - 26
    Female or male? - Male
    RP? - I play the role of an overweight gamer. I do it well.
    LARP? - No idea what this means.
    What are your weightloss goals?! - I intend to lose at least 60 pounds.
    How many pounds have you lost? - 10 lost so far (2 on MFP). All in only 2 weeks too.
    Walk on the Beach? - I do in fact. With my wife and frequently. One of the advantages to living near the beach.

A bit more about me - I have gamed since I was old enough to play Atari. Recently, my gaming time has dropped dramatically and I usually only play on weekends or while my wife is out. I mainly play STO and occasionally World of Tanks. Although I am primarily a PC gamer, I do hop on the Kinect once in a while to play party games like "Hole in the Wall" with friends.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    Hola all! I'm Brandi, newly 34 years-old and a computer/PS3 gamer. Up until last week, I fit the stereotypical gamer lifestyle (minus the living in my Mom's basement). My diet consisted of whatever junk food my little hands could get a hold of. My dad's recent diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes gave me a serious wake up call. I need to change! Period. Besides, I'm really tired of wishing I could shop at Express or NY & Co or wearing men's t-shirts.

My goal is to lose 100 pounds before my 35th birthday and to run an actual mile without dying.

As far as my gaming preferences? My tastes are sporadic: I'm a PC and console gamer.

Diablo
    WoW (not so much anymore)
    StarCraft
    Mass Effect
    Even the little cutesy mini's like Fat Princess (go figure)
    etc, etc, etc
  • rjreed78
    rjreed78 Posts: 1
    Options
    My name is Ryan, I am 33 years old. Happily married with 5 kids. I can't wait for GW2 and Diablo III. Weightloss goal - I would like to get down to about 170 I am at 198 right now down from 212 at my highest.
  • docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey gamers! Great to find this place.

I'm Joe and 44 yo gaming veteran dating back to Pong. I have a family and a crazy busy job so I don't get to game as much as I like but it is still my favorite hobby. I'm mainly a PC (Steam) gamer but also dig the Xbox. Currently working through ME3 and Kingdoms of Amalur on 360 and still in Skyrim on PC. Plus have discovered Dungeon Defenders!

I play RPGs with minimal RP. LARP? Ummm, no.

I'd like to lose 30 pounds and get more fit in the process. Just getting started so nothing to report yet.

I am a big fan of the beach but more so of lying on it.

See y'all around and shoot me a FR if you'd like!
  • Essenette
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Cierra, and I'm a 20 year old woman (last I checked, anyway... O.o), and all 20 of those years have been spent in the comfortable company of video games. The very first experience I had with videos games was when I was a little over seven months old (I apparently beat the final Bowser on Super Mario Bros. 3).

As you can imagine, I have stuck with videos games ever since, having own a plethora of consoles since: NES, SNES, Gameboy (&SP), N64, Gamecube, DS Lite, Wii, 3DS; Sega Genesis, and an XBox 260. If you're curious, I'm a terrible LoZ fan, and I enjoy games that make me move, such as Just Dance and Skyward Sword (haha...).

My last consistent experience I had role-playing was when I was playing D&D with my ex and some friends about two years ago, and GaiaOnline before that (yeah yeah, I know.). I've always wanted to LARP but my tiny college barely has that sort of fan base to even consider it. I would definitely join in if I could find a group of people willing to do it, though!

Currently my weightloss goals are to improve my overall health by eating smaller, healthier portions, exercising more, and hanging out with friends more often! Through this, I hope to lose 35 pounds at first, with my ultimate goal being about 65-75 pounds lost (from now). I started my weight loss journey last July, and have lost about fifty pounds to date.

Oh, and I would totally love a walk on a real beach; all we have in Tennessee are lake-side "beaches". ~.~"