Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• MummDuncan
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Amanda Jo, and I'm a 22 y/o lady. I'm an avid pc gamer, and rp/larp-er. I'm currently looking to lose atleast 100 pounds. I just started my work-out and diet. I'm working towards being able to do a 10+ mile hike while carrying about 30-40 lbs.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 27 and way over weight and I figure I could lose a 100 so pounds. Last fall I started @ 334 and got to the point where I couldn't lose anymore 301 so started on this site to see what I'm actually eating. I've seen some good success so far but I know another wall coming up but I'm sure I can claim over it again.

Gaming wise I'm into PC Gaming & 3DS. I use to have a PS3 and Wii but they ended up collecting dust to $60 is a big chunk of money and the DLC made games out of my reach. So I went back to PC and I've enjoyed it so much more. I never did RP or LARP before and have no interest too.

Games I'm into atm:
    Mario Kart 7
    Tribes:Ascend
    WoW
    Counter-Strike:Source
    Bastion
    Dirt 3
  • aluminummonster0
    Options
    Hello! Im Kelsey, 23 year old female. Im a graphic designer and casual gamer. Makes for a lazy day. Im only trying to drop about 10 lbs and tighten up but I could certainly use some help staying accountable for my actions (aka... need some people to make sure I work out and keep up on my calorie counts). I play LoL mostly and Im also starting to get into Magic (MTG), I also play some xbox and ds from time to time. Just joined today and I am very excited to see a gamer group on here. I hope I can stick with this!
  • Kitrille
    Kitrille Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Salutations! My name is Sarah (also known as Kennit or Kitrille) and I live in PEI, Canada. Last time I weighed myself (about two weeks ago), I clocked in at 206lbs. I haven't weighed myself since, but judging from my jeans I've lost something because I need a belt now where I didn't before. My goal is to get to 140, and then re-evaluate.

I'm lazy and poor, neither of which are conducive to my goal. But through the use of videos and my student gym pass combined with a primal diet approach, I think I can get there. Tracking my food and exercise on here is a big help. Anything I can do at home on the cheap is ideal.

I turned 30 today. My birthday gift to myself this year was a sweet deal on a Sega Dreamcast + Resident Evil 2. Needless to say, I'm downloading a lot of ISOs right now! (To say nothing of NES/SNES/N64/Genesis ROMs).

I love gaming with my husband and friends. D&D 3.5 is the crowd favourite, along with a couple of homebrew systems and a touch of Shadowrun. We plan on running a Thieve's World campaign at some point. We're also big board game people, especially Apples to Apples, Settlers of Cataan, Carcasonne and Arkham Horror.

As for video games, I tend to stick to key series, namely Elder Scrolls, Civilization, Super Mario and Tetris; along with a few other classics. Skyrim pretty much lives in the 360 right now though.

Did I mention we're also bibliophiles and I'm a journalism student? Throw in a myriad of fandoms (biggest being Dune, Doctor Who, Firefly, The Count of Monte Cristo, Fringe and Caprica to name a few), far too many obscure interests and a terrible sense of self-worth and that's me in a nutshell. :tongue:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I love gaming with my husband and friends. D&D 3.5 is the crowd favourite, along with a couple of homebrew systems and a touch of Shadowrun. We plan on running a Thieve's World campaign at some point. We're also big board game people, especially Apples to Apples, Settlers of Cataan, Carcasonne and Arkham Horror.

If you like Apples to Apples, and you think your soul may have vacated you, you'll also like "Cards against Humanity."
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options

If you like Apples to Apples, and you think your soul may have vacated you, you'll also like "Cards against Humanity."

I was going to say, have you tried Boxers or Briefs? Great party game, in the same vein as Apples to Apples but far more personal and hysterical.
  • Friday74
    Friday74 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm Jen, 37, and I live in northern Saskatchewan, Canada.

Only tried LARPing once, mostly play WoW, starting into Skyrim (oh dear...there goes a lot of my small amount of spare time), used to play Everquest 2, and probably will play Diablo III right away. When I'm not gaming or going out with friends, I'm reading.
    I want to lose 30 pounds - working hard for it!

And of course I'll walk on the beach...it's cold up here today and I'm dreaming of walking on a hot beach somewhere!
  • spricia
    spricia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm Spricia - 59, grandmother of 2, and from Sedona, Arizona. I'd like to get in shape in order to run around with the little ones, and I know that a healthier diet certainly makes me feel better. Just being accountable for the food I eat and logging it, and logging my walks has made me keep on track, and I feel more energy already, only after 3 days.

I'm a recovering WoW mage. Made all combinations of toons but my fave was my gnome mage. Played nearly daily since vanilla and finally decided that I still was, and will always be, a noob. I had even gotten my son hooked on WoW and he passed me by within a couple of months because he took it more seriously than I did. Still, I was a lover of the AH and had no difficulty making gold. I just really had no desire to spend it, had little interest in gear and weapons, and didn't enjoy dungeons at all. Right, noob. After Cat the game lost all fun, plus my partner couldn't play anymore so the game lost its luster.

So, I got off my butt and away from the computer and joined an improv troupe in Sedona. Way fun, and it gets me up and moving. Still, thinking about reactivating for Pandaria just for old times sake.
  • windsinger3
    Options
    My name is Marisa! I'm 21 years old and in college. I want to get in shape so that I can feel better about myself. I'm only 21 for goodness sake! I want to not have to worry about how I look and feel all the time

I'm a huge gamer. I've played a bit of everything, but I really love online mmorpgs. My most recent one was Perfect World International (which I actually really enjoyed). I am also a huge fantasy gamer. I've played all the Final Fantasies, all the Zeldas, and some less known fantasy games like Legend of the Dragoon. I've also played all of the familiar ones as well. I still play (I'm such an addict...) I love Pokemon games and DnD. I play Magic too. :)

Nice to meet all of you!!!
  • Dedatress
    Dedatress Posts: 22
    Options
    Hey geekilngs!

I'm DeDe and I'm only 18, which seems to be pretty young on here! I am a lady of gaming! I'm a big gamer, and recently am getting into Steam. I love classic gaming Zelda, Mario, Kirby and such. But also a huge fan of Bioshock and horror games! Do we have any Team Fortress Two players here?? :)

I only want to lose around 20-30 pounds or so. It wouldn't be awful, but my hourglass shape tends to have a lot of weight in mah belly. This group seems fun and more of my kind of thing. Hope we can all motivate each other!!
  • danystormborn
    danystormborn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm Ashe; a twenty year old female from New Zealand. I RP on Twitter as Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones and I'm a huge gamer. I grew up with Playstation and Gameboy, and recently got into xBox 360. I've been playing a lot of Halo: Reach, Portal 2 and Fable 3.

My starting weight was was 120kgs/264lbs, my current weight is 117kgs/257lbs and my UGW is 65kgs/143lbs. I'm getting there slowly but surely! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • DaveA73
    DaveA73 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm Dave, I guess I am kinda an 'old school' gamer. Started with Atari and was hooked. Now I mainly play MMOs and PS3. Looking forward to The Secret World.

I weigh 283 lbs and my goal is 215. Feel free to add as friend.
  • Nina2723
    Nina2723 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm Nina, 30 year old female with about 75 ish pounds to go.
    Mainly a WoW player right now ( FOR THE HORDE), but I own most console systems. My pride and joy being my Atari 2600 still in it's orginal box with games and controlers.. the thing even has a coupon attacted to that expired in 1984.
    I love my KOTOR games, mainly the originals for xbox, infact anything star wars is awesome
    Have a real hard time finding people in my area that have similar goals and interests as me.. ( then again not a huge fan of people /shudder)
    Feel free to message me or add me.
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Paige, female, 26, and I live in Dallas. I've been gaming since I was about 5, so I've got a nice nerdy base to stand on. I'm married to another gamer and we've got a 2-year-old daughter. I met my husband online, but not in-game, and he says he knew I was a keeper when he saw the MUD maps on my desk in my room. (He actually picked one up and asked if I knew what it was, which I found hilarious.)

I used to RP in AOL chatrooms (read at least one other person who did that, lawl & HII!) and play D&D, but it's been a long time for either. I've been playing WoW about 7 years, recently returned to it after playing SW:TOR for a bit. (Server population killed my raid. =,( ) We were hardcore raiders once upon a time, but pretty casual now. PC > Consoles. Our PS3 is basically just a DVD player these days, but I play Kinect games to get moving on the days I don't/can't go to the gym. I've never LARPed - not to say I wouldn't, though my husband would make fun of me 'til the end of time.

As far as weight loss goes, my goals are more about what I want to be and do than how much I want to weigh. I want to be able to DO anything I want physically without my fitness level stopping me or preventing me from enjoying it. I want to BE healthy and resilient. Tomorrow I'm doing an easy 5K mud run. Next year I want to do one of the harder ones. I've lost 18 lbs so far and need to lose another 28 to be at a "healthy" weight. From there, I'm not sure how low I want to go, but I think 125 lbs should be about right for athletic at my height (5'2").

Beach? Meh. Give me mountains and trees any day.

I'm new here, so I need more friends to motivate and help motivate me =D
  • kryia
    kryia Posts: 10
    Options
    Who are you! ---- I go by Kryia online
    Age? -- 33
    Female or male?
    Female
    RP?
    yep, D&D, Pathfinder, SWTOR, you name it, i either play it or have played it
    LARP?
    actually used to run a Chtulhu based LARP/interactive theater group in Dallas
    What are your weightloss goals?!
    in reality, 135 lbs.
    How many pounds have you lost? ---- 0 so far, this is my first day
    Walk on the Beach? ---- not a big fan of sand in my shoes, i prefer a forest
  • NiaSaga
    NiaSaga Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm Mamie, 29, F, NC, 5'6-ish, 312 lbs... I'm going to school for Graphic Arts and when I'm not doing TONS of homework or taking care of my Mother (she's disabled), *breathe* I play WoW. I'm like really addicted to it... its sad. I tend to play more Computer games than console games, although I do have a PS2, PsP, and DS... they get some good wear every now and then.

I have set little weight lose goals, my first is to get below 300 lbs. Ultimately I want to weigh around 170-ish. I started a medically managed weight lose program in november, and the dietician told me about this website because it has an app for my phone. Keeping count of calories is the hardest thing for me. I've lost about 12 lbs since then and its been rough, but I figure if I can lose weight during the holiday's then the rest of the year will be a cake walk.
  • jkurella
    jkurella Posts: 2
    Options
    James, 39, male, 6'5", 393 this past monday. Goal is under 300, sub 250 eventually. I began the lifestyle change in December of 2011, and have lost 30 pounds so far. Slow and steady is working well thusfar!

I've been a tabletop RPG player and GM for over 30 years, started out with the glorious pink box of Dungeons and Dragons basic back in 1980, and evolved with it as it grew, changed, and morphed. I've played a lot of systems, and have moved to Pathfinder this year as DnD 4.0 just wasn't doing it for our group. I'm currently running the Pathfinder Kingmaker adventure path, and having an absolute blast! I've done a little LARPing, though not nearly as much as tabletop in my years.

I'm also an avid computer gamer, currently loving Star Wars: The Old Republic, though I played WoW from vanilla through Cataclysm - For the Horde! Still love the folks and the times from wow, it just has really been feeling it's age lately. Starwars I just find to be very compelling in it's presentation, immersion, and RP community (Lord Adriss Server). I've also played EQ, DaoC, EVE, SWG, and a few other mmos, always gravitating towards the RP communities therein.

Walk on the beach? I'd love to live on the ocean, unfortunately I'm landlocked in the heart of it all!
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Who are you! I am James or Whiplash
    Age? 38
    Female or male? Male
    RP? Love RPGs
    LARP? No I don't
    What are your weightloss goals?! I have made my goal weight, now it's time to drop the fat and add the muscle
    How many pounds have you lost? 29
    Walk on the Beach? Love one ;) , but only after I finish this quest :laugh:
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My name is Krystle. I'm 26. Don't play much online games (don't have time) but have joined a gaming group in the area that plays all different type of board and card games!

I want to lose about 80 lbs (but will be happy with 65/70 lbs).
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Who are you!

Michelle and also Ryonyanko ... Many different forums, same name!

Age?

Female or male?

Of the female variety

RP?

YESSS !!!!!!! My passion hehe

LARP?
    Not yet but.... You never know

What are your weightloss goals?!

To have made ample progress this summer! Fit and strong. Also to cosplay

How many pounds have you lost?

Around 50 I think

Walk on the Beach?