I am f1ctional (Mark)
    I m 39 years old, Male
    RP only online
    LARP never
    Got about a 100 or so to go.
    8 pound lost since joining MFP so far
    walk on beach? sure, after goal is reached

Gaming? You bet.

I play PC games, I just build a new gaming machine about a week ago. It is frakking amazing. I play WoW, SWTOR, STO, Dragon Age, and a whole bunch of shooters and RTS. I still play Unreal Tournament online.

I also have an Xbox 360, Ps2, Ps3, Wii, Gamecube, and a PSP. I have my laptop and work desktop that are macs, but they can play their fair share of games. (Blizzards). I love the survival horror type games and of course stuff like halo, call of duty, assassins creed, etc etc. I play also a lot of those games on iPhone / iPad, wwf, hanging, scramble, drawsome. etc.

It is amazing I actually get any work done. :P
  • LeighAnnH75
    LeighAnnH75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey all =)

I'm Leigh Ann, 37 female from Florida. I'm looking to lose about 40lbs and get fit. In my third week of insanity and its bananas!! I love my ps3 and have played many mmos. Former Glaxies, WoW and SWOTR addict lol. I've been too busy to play much lately because of school but I will get back there soon enough. Nice too meet you all and feel free to add me!
  • Cyphio
    Cyphio Posts: 20
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    My name is Matt, 28 year old male from Niantic, Connecticut. I am looking to lose around 20 pounds and regain some of the energy I used to have before all my higher education. Right now waiting for Dragon's Dogma to come out because Mass Effect 3 is growing old on me. Nice to be part of the group and please invite me!
  • Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Howdy
    I am a 34 y/o female from NJ. I'm looking to lose around 60lbs and become health. For the past 5 years i have been playing LOTRO on the big E. I dont rp or larp but i like to lurk and read or watch it. My first MMO was everquest on the playstation and from there i went to lotro and never left... i've tried wow and swotr but i love my LM to much to give up :). So my new goal is that i have to walk on the treadmill before i can sit in my computer chair for 4+ hrs of raiding, we shall see tho :)

Any way feel free to add me and its nice to be part of a gamer/getting health group
  • horsesalwaysknewher
    horsesalwaysknewher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Meghan! I'm 27 years old and live in metro Detroit with my husband and our three cats and two dogs. We both play a lot of video games--he's currently playing Skyrim and I'm messing around with the Witcher 2, Limbo, and Alan Wake.

I'm just starting out on (finally) making a real, lasting change. I'm somewhere between 315 and 320 at 5' 6.5". I want to lose about 150 pounds and my husband wants to lose about 100. I just have to be careful not to get competitive with him!

I also love to read (fantasy, sci fi, historical fiction, literary fiction, etc.) and love just about all animals. One of my biggest goals here is to get under 200 pounds so I can start horseback riding again!

If there's anyone on here from the Detroit area that's looking for new friends, send me a message!
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Beth. I'm 30, Female obvi, and a huge geek. My game of choise is played on the table top but I still consider myself a gamer geek and worthy of this group.

My goal is to lose 50 lbs. I went to Dragon*Con last year and I really want to be able to wear all of those cool skimpy outfits. So, here I am. Goal: Be 50lbs down by next year's Con.

Anyway, Hi!

Feel free to add me. I'm looking for all the support I can get.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Female or male: Depends on the game (male)
    RP: Used to
    LARP: Twice to apese my nephew. Mage and archer baby!
    What are your weightloss goals: I need to lose these last 5lbs
    How many pounds have you lost: Since I started (even before MFP) 49
    Walk on the Beach: Why note...
  • franklyskarlett
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rachael. I saw a few posts up I'm not the only Rachael-but-it's-spelled-like-Michael. I love fantasy and rpg games. My faves are Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Bioshock, and Borderlands. I am an unapologetic Anders fangirl. I like documentaries, long walks on the beach and answering questions out of turn.
    Age? 28
    Female or male? I'm a lady.
    RP? Never have.
    LARP? Yes!
    What are your weightloss goals?! My initial goal is 55 lbs. I'm going to evaluate how my body looks and feels from that point to figure out what my final goal is. But, you know, cosplay is hard when you're fat ya'all. Right now I'm 260. I know, I know...Damn it's going to take a lot of fabric to make those robes!
    How many pounds have you lost? 15
    Walk on the Beach? Only if they're long and sandy and smell faintly of fish fish and more fish.
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    Hey guys/gals! I'm Brit, 25/f living in Oregon. Back on MFP after having been away from here for almost a year. Currently at about 130, high was 150 early last spring, and aiming for 120ish (5'2" of awesome here).

I'm mainly a console gamer -- 360 mostly. Haven't had much in the way of "good" computers my whole life, and currently living sans internet at my house, but want to get into PC gaming once I can afford to build myself a decent computer. Play some steam games, and a little Wii too. Definitely more of an RPG type, trying to get better at FPS. Favorite games include Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, Fable, Mass Effect, Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Island... Had a big jaunt into the world of MapleStory (don't laugh) for a few years back in the day, but never let myself start playing WoW because I knew I'd be addicted.... I've dabbled into D&D a bit but not in a few years, and never had any LARPing experiences. I'm also a big board game fan, and of course MtG as well.

Walk on the beach? Last August I moved from Minnesota to the Oregon coast, so walks on the beach happen all the time!
  • JessieRichelle
    JessieRichelle Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I also have an old school pencil and paper D&D game that I play most Monday nights. We play by 3.5 rules. Our current set of characters are around level 15. I've also played several of the White Wolf games (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage) in the past.
    3.5 Conquers all!
    Hello all! I'm Jessica, a 19 year old gamer.
    Some of my gaming muses are anything D&D, Call of Cthuhlu, Arkham Horror, (Pretty much love tabletop RPGs). I also love Xbox games like minecraft (although its better on PC). Oh.. and never challenge me in Halo or Gears. =)
    I'm relatively fit, because I've integrated so many types of working out into my life. I'm struggling with this last 20 pounds. If I could lose all of that, then I'd be one happy nerd... =)
  • Pintsoflove
    Pintsoflove Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Age? 26
    Female or male? Female
    RP? Not in a long time.
    LARP? Nope
    What are your weightloss goals?! Trying to get down to around 150lbs with some girly muscles. I haven't been that low in about 9 years so I'll re-evaluate when I get there.
    How many pounds have you lost? 20 and some change.
    Walk on the Beach? Sure. Why not?

I'm a computer gamer. I am eagerly awaiting GuildWars2 release to get my MMO back on. I've played DAoC, EQ2, Guildwars, Warhammer Online, and SW:TOR. Plus various single player games. Still trying to get through New Vegas...

I also enjoy other nerdy things such as board games, crocheting, cats, brewing beer, and books. I also own a PS2 and still play DDR sometimes for some fun cardio. :)
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I go by Oishii. Please excuse me for not using my rl name but it's uncommon and I don't feel as safe sharing it online. I am 23 years old and a University student majoring in Linguistics with a minor in Japanese.

Although I started out playing MMORPGs, I am now a console gamer. I have a PS3 and 3DS I love to pieces. My favorite games are Kingdom Hearts (obviously from the ticker), Assassin's Creed, Professor Layton games, anything by Nintendo, Team Ico games, and other JRPGs. I work for a Kingdom Hearts news site called KH13 doing Japanese-English translations. Next week I'll be going to E3 as media which I am so excited for. If you have any recommendations of booths I should visit, let me know.

As far as my goals, I'm trying to get my weight to 130lb, what I was in high school. I may try for a little more than that to get into a size 6 jean, but ultimately I just want to be in the normal BMI range. I'm so glad I changed my lifestyle before I became obese and now I'm working to be out of the overweight range.
  • cindyw1eye
    cindyw1eye Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cindy (obviously female), 40, 100 lbs give or take 20 to lose. I'm a PC gamer, have played the following:

- LoTRO
    - EQ2
    - Guild Wars
    - Conan
    - Warhammer
    - WoW
    - Rift
    - SWToR

I'm currently back on RIFT. Tried TERA, not worth my money and am waiting for Guild Wars 2. I've also played Oblivion and Skyrim :P
  • neesey79
    neesey79 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm Lynsey, I have about 35 lbs too lose. I love mass effect, and uncharted series...I embrace my nerdiness in all it's glory. IM also starting to use my Wii fit again. So here's hoping!
  • darthrogue
    darthrogue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sam, 27, female, married, first time Mam, I enjoy gaming, photography, knitting, crochet, movies, music, books, science, making stuff (usually a bit of a mess in the process, which is all part of the fun).
    I play RPG's where I have control of the slicing, bashing or shooting rather than going through the option menus as I'm too impatient, although I will pretty much try most types of games. I started off with a sinclair spectrum ZX4 mainly stayed with Nintendo over the years also had a mega drive and a dreamcast. I always thought the xbox was the devils work, until my husband lured me in with rock band. Oh my how wrong I <3 my XBox 360, Fallout, Elder scrolls, Fable, Red Dead Redemption, Batman (Arkham City and Asylum), Portal, Mass Effect, Resident Evil, Halo, Gears of War, the Lego games, so many games too little time.
    I don't LARP, I do like fancy dress occasions, I like the idea of zombie LARPing though.
    My weight loss goal is to reach 707N
    I'll find out on Wednesday how much I've lost this week, as this is my first week.
    Walk on the Beach? Outdoors in the sunshine, surely you jest? Yeah I like to venture outdoors, wearing a high factor sun screen, for a bit of walking at the beach, local park, countryside, don't really do it as much as I probably should.
    I fear I've babbled on way too much for now, so I'll be quiet now. :o)
  • wannabehotagain20
    Options
    I'm *******, 20, female, from the US. I won't use my name, but you may call me Lovely. :)
    My husband introduced me to most of the gaming I've done, such as guild wars, and the guild wars 2 beta, but I really enjoy the games you can't put down for hours, like any of the Sims games, mario games, (I'm a dork, I loved paper mario!) harvest moon, etc. The games most find boring, I just adore. Except GW, I'm pretty sure that one is popular ;)
    I also like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Rock Band.
    I'm here for a few reasons, mostly because I gained 100lbs for my perfect baby boy almost 3 years ago and never lost it. I've got something like 170lbs to go.
    I do love walking with my son. Everything is so new for him! Almost as thrilling as watching mommy play Child of Eden. :p
    I use my Wii fit also, so maybe that will counteract the not going outside problem.
  • wannabehotagain20
    Options
    I almost forgot, I don't LARP, but I used to be very into Dungeons and Dragons, and when I'm hot again, I'll cosplay of course! My husband actually wrote a scifi series a while ago, and a tabletop game to go with it that we are still testing.

~Lovely
  • SilentJo
    SilentJo Posts: 66
    Options
    Name: Jen (or Jo, I answer to both)
    Female: Last time I checked... yep ;)
    Weight Loss Goal: 145
    Current Weight: 281
    Weight Lost: 24lbs (don't worry about looking for it, I don't want it back)

I am a member of PMS Clan, and was an active member in their 360 Rhythm Division (RockBand/Guitar Hero) until they closed it about a year ago. I've yet to join another division, although I occasionally play Call of Duty, Bioshock, Borderlands, and other games. My true gaming obsession is RockBand. I've been playing for the past 5 years and play all the instruments on Expert (my friend says I'm a Jill of All Trades player, lol). A group of me and my friends have played in 3 tournaments, and placed in 3rd twice and most recently won 1st place in 2011. I really do love playing, but for a while my friends and I would spend all night playing and drinking lots and lots of alcohol, which wasn't very good for my weight/health but was really fun at the time. But now I have a lot of goals in mind and really need to get rid of this weight. I've cut back on my social drinking significantly, but I'll keep playing RockBand. I especially like playing pro drums as it gives me a chance to move my arms and legs and use up energy.

jo
  • dhoody
    dhoody Posts: 49
    Options
    Im D, I live in Florida
    wanna lose atleast 50lbs
    PS3 ID uno123
    2 daughters and college

I play BF3, New Ghost Recon MP3 right now
  • Lizzymaep
    Lizzymaep Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Who are you!: My name is Elizabeth
    Age?: 24
    Female or male?: Female
    RP?: yes
    LARP?: no
    What are your weightloss goals?!: Already lost the weight I wanted, now I just want to tone up.
    How many pounds have you lost?: 26 pounds since joining MFP on March 5th, 2012.
    Walk on the Beach?: Not as much as I'd like, one day my fiance and I would love to own a home by the beach. <3