New member check in...

Options

Replies

• TabbiKat15
    TabbiKat15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I'm Tabitha in the DC area. Joined mfp June 17 and have already lost 7lbs. I was super excited when I saw there was a local group. I think that will help me stick to this for the long run.
  • TabbiKat15
    TabbiKat15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I'm Tabitha in the DC area. Joined mfp June 17 and have already lost 7lbs. I was super excited when I saw there was a local group. I think that will help me stick to this for the long run. :smile:
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone- My name is Valerie I am 27 and currently live in Southern MD and work in Arlington, VA.
    My commute is 1 hour 30 minutes each way but it gives me some alone time away from a chaotic work and home life so I don't mind it at all.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    thought i'd peep back in here.

i'm:

laura
    30 years old
    awesome
    work in mclean, va x 2 days/week; beltsville, md x 3 days/week
    i wog (walk/jog), lift heavy, and box.

add me if you'd like! :)
  • SAR4Life
    SAR4Life Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone..Courtney here..just turned 35..live in Alexandria; lost weight but go by how clothes feel than the scale and it works better..doing Seal Team PT bootcamp workouts in the DC area..and loving it..HooYahh!
  • gsylvester13
    gsylvester13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Gabbie and I'm 18. I grew up in Waldorf and after many years being stuck in Nebraska I am now back in the area attending AU studying International Relations. I've got about 120 lbs to lose (hopefully before I graduate).
  • doug_pierce
    doug_pierce Posts: 255
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a while but would love some more local friends. I live in Rockville and work in Tyson's.
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Donna and I'm from Silver Spring, MD. I've already lost 20lbs and I think I have about 20 pounds or so until I get to my goal weight. If anyone wants to add me, feel free! I could really use some friends!!
  • Fafern
    Fafern Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello from Culpeper, VA! I'm Jennifer (43 yrs old). Grew up in Virginia, spent over a decade near Arlington while working DC, but now enjoying the lack of traffic jams in a more rural setting. Hope to lose 30 lbs before Christmas, maybe another 15 lbs by next spring to get down to my ideal weight.
  • keekahari
    keekahari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bowie Gal checking in. Anybody in Prince Georges that goes to Golds gym or LA Fitness?
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Montgomery County (Germantown and Silver Spring), but moved to Southern Maryland (Great Mills) when my husband was transferred to PAX NAS. He got out and we decided to make this place home. :smile:
  • gettnmyshapebck
    Options
    Ms.GettnMyShapeBck,

Today is my first day to a new me, I have currently 210, my goal is 160 I have 50lbs to lose.
    I hope to meet some people from my area for some support because Im pretty sure I will have ruff slow days....
  • xerothermic
    Options
    Out of curiosity, anyone go to the LA Fitness in Arlington or Pentagon Row?
  • gibranholmes1977
    Options
    Hello all. I am looking to lose 40 to 45 pounds. I started on August 20th (2013) and to date lost 18 pounds.
  • gibranholmes1977
    Options
    I attend Fitness Evolution. It use to be Golds (Laurel).
  • dreamone
    Options
    Hi.

I hit up Golds in Chantilly, if anyone attends feel free to say Hi. Not really bothered on how much weight to lose, just want to continue getting stronger, I own a consulting firm in the area dealing with Information Security, and as you can imagine that's not really conducive to doing much but sitting behind a computer.
  • blp2
    blp2 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Folks, NOVA (outside of the capitol beltway) guy here checking in, originally from PG County. Here to initiate a lifestyle change and to lose 45lbs. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the group.
  • prettylise
    Options
    Hello all! I'm about 80 lbs down from my highest weight, looking to lose about 65 more. I live in Alexandria, and work for the feds in NW DC. I'm a member of LA Fitness on Little River Turnpike, but I'm considering joining Planet Fitness on Kenmore...we'll see.
  • erictank1
    Options
    Hi all -

Eric from Annandale here, non-federal worker (I work at a water plant down in Lorton) with a pretty good commute - 13 miles, about 20 minutes under good conditions, 30 under poor. Rotating shift work, 12 hour days one week, nights the next; 2 weekends out of every 4, overtime usually takes out a third (less of that recently, thank the Maker) when we have it, holidays as they fall in the normal schedule, etc. Finally getting real about watching what I eat and working out; doing pretty well with the former, and not terribly with the latter, considering how out of shape I am. Started at 274 pounds last month, as a 6'1" male at 42 years old, and am down 7 pounds as of my last weigh-in last week. Setting 200 as a target weight, though we'll see how realistic a goal that is. Due to both schedule and finances, a gym membership is basically out of the question, so I'm walking and doing bodyweight resistance training - I'm currently using the Max Capacity app on my Android phone for the latter, and will likely be transitioning to something with a little more bite to it as I get stronger and lighter.
    My primary goals are fat loss and increasing functional strength.
  • omnomnomicon
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Melanie, and I live in Bowie, which is located in Prince George's County, MD. I cycle frequently (about 40 miles a week). The new gym by my apartment just opened (LA Fitness in the Town Center), so starting tomorrow I will be going there too. I would love to add new friends in the area who are also interested in a fit and healthy lifestyle.

If you want to meet up and do something active, or just want a gym buddy at LA Fitness at the Bowie Town Center, please add me!