What's Cookin?

Options

Replies

• garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    4eab094d2ab5__1346806965000.jpg

I know not a great picture or a pretty one but just wanted to post and update I am still cooking! I made Zucchini muffins and they are so gooooood! Moist and so soft...I am happy every morning!

I made a goat cheese salad dressing. I saw it on Food Network. I was skeptical but I had a beet salad to eat. OMG! So delicious!
    Does anyone make one sausage? I mean like take ground pork or turkey and add your spices to it then fry up like regular breakfast sausage? I have been doing that and it is soooooo good! Just add all the spices most of us have already in the spice rack anyway!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    21A004CF-8AE1-441A-BB84-DC976F13F997-18589-00002225189BF6AB_zps58790862.jpg

Haven't posted anything new in awhile... But this was really good!

Penne Rigate with Spicy Sausage and Zucchini in Tomato Cream Sauce...Cooking Light
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Mmmmmm
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Nikkie, that lasagna looks freaking amazing. If you made it, you best post the recipe, girl.
    L*oves, gorgeous cupcakes and I'll be looking up that pasta recipe.
    Ms. Garlic, I used to make my own pickled beets all the time (and need to again, just need to "clean" up the recipe). When I have a fridge full of pickled beets, I make a salad of greens, red bell pepper, cucumber, grape tomatoes, and sliced pickled beets. Then I crumble goat cheese on it and drizzle with a tablespoon of the pickled beet juice. Amazing. If I am taking it for work, I put it all in a bowl and give it a shake. The beet juice and the goat cheese make an amazing dressing (even if it does end up looking a bit too pepto bismol pink).

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-08-09_18-35-04_246.jpg[/img]
    These are the Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting that I told ya'll about a while back. They are sooooo good. The recipe is posted on Dust With Flour if you are interested. Great kid food and the adults like it too.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-08-07_18-57-34_70.jpg[/img]
    This was a pork chop recipe from Clean Eating that is made with grilled red peppers and grilled pineapple, served with a rice and green onion side. The pork also has an Asian-style sauce (ginger/soy). I really liked it, but it wasn't Paul's cup of tea. He isn't into the whole sweet/sour thing. On the side is just my standard oven roasted carrots.
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-09-15_07-29-57_795_zpsc0db3f0c.jpg[/img]

These are my very own Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins and they are yummy. I had to make them with sweetened dried cranberries this time, but as soon as I see fresh cranberries in the market I am making some with fresh ones for that lovely bite of moist tartness against the sweet pumpkin cake. These are squeaky clean. I'm not going to post them on Dust with Flour until I get a pic with the fresh berries.

Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins--makes 12

1 1/2 C. (180 g) White Whole Wheat Flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    3/4 tsp. ground ginger
    1/2 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. sea salt
    3/4 C. sucanat (brown sugar for you non-clean folks)
    1 C. cooked, mashed pumpkin (homemade or canned--no salt added)
    1/2 C. low fat buttermilk
    2 Tbsp. coconut oil
    1 large egg
    1 C. cranberries, fresh or sweetened/dried
    2 Tbsp. raw unsalted pumpkin seeds

Mix the flour, soda, and spices including the salt in a small bowl. Mix the sucanat, pumpkin, buttermilk, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine. Do not over-mix or they will get tough. Fold in the cranberries. Spoon into a muffin tin that has been lined with muffin liners that have been lightly sprayed with olive oil. Top muffins with the pumpkin seeds. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
    181 cals and 4 gm fat for the dried cranberry version, 156 and 4 for the fresh cranberry version
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Girl if you don't open a bakery! I am not lying I would try my best tp get there and taste everything!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Something I made a couple of weeks ago... Buffalo Turkey Burgers w/ blue cheese broccoli slaw (on homemade buns)

546201_4535658270092_745434876_n.jpg

Chicken enchilada stuffed zucchini with cilantro lime rice
    551996_4533533856983_1754578336_n.jpg
  • Invictus195
    Options
    Grilled some Mahi-Mahi tonight and for the first time made Quinoa!! YUMMERZ!!!!! Saute of asparagus with olive oil, pepper, garlic and Parmesan cheese

mahi_zpsad4c0cfc.png
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    That stuffed zucchini looks amazing, and the asparagus and fish look fabulous!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    DF169D2F-913D-46BB-A84C-FB1D0E2F8322-3323-0000060A4292C45D.jpg

This the season.... Pumpkin Scones!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Pix - those pumpkin muffins look fab!

Crystal - that stuffed zucchini is brilliant! I always go Italian... why be boxed in?

Invictus - that whole dish looks amazing. I haven't mastered grilling fish yet, but I will someday! :)

And Loves... those scones... yum!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    I'm finally getting back into the kitchen a bit! Just in time for soups and chilis and casseroles and roasted chickens. I do love autumn!

I whipped up some hot buttered rum mix the other day, and sampled it tonight. So cozy!
    hotbutteredrum.jpg

And tonight made a creamless "creamy" tomato soup recipe I spotted in Cook's Illustrated a couple of months ago. A friend who's staying with me this week sampled it too, and it's a hit! 10 calories/oz!

tomatosouplow.jpg
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Crystal you are the bomb! I love how your food always looks restaurant style!

Invictus...I would order that anytime!

Nikki2....I would love to have recipe for soup!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    0cf1a3095e2b__1349655744000.jpg

This is the New England Clam Chowder I made for Ma and my BFF!!! I made a homemade garlic bread with it. Topped with bacon what could be better?! The day was cold and rainy too...such is a beautiful life!!!
  • Invictus195
    Options
    I ♥ clam chowder!!!!!!!!!!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    0185e16ab400__1350776655000.jpg

608f0c6f6c92__1350776482000.jpg

I know not a great picture but I made the infamous Creamy Grape Dessert from Skinny Taste...I wanted something healthy but still good! I didn't think it was going to be as popular as it was! I almost had to put a fork to stab their hands because they kept going back and I had not had any yet!!!!!

The pizza is just to show how making your own can be fun and good! I buy a raw wheat dough...and add all my own goodies. Made my own sauce this time too! Made my own pork sausage to it this time! YUMMO! I want to try a caramelized onion and goat cheese one next!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Creamy Avocado Pasta

(recipe: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/)
    I made one little change and boiled the garlic clove for a minute or so in the pasta water to mellow the harsh. ;)

This was super-quick and great for Meatless Mondays (GG!!!). I will say that I halved the recipe since it can't really be reheated (-1pt for lack of leftovers), and it was a bit hard to do in my blender because of the low volume. I'll try using the other half of the avocado with my immersion blender next time. Or just have people over for dinner! :)

avocadooasta.jpg
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    IMG_2765.jpg

kimchi fried rice w/ homemade kimchi!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Crystal are you a chef or photographer?! Giiiiirl!

Love the avocado pasta! I have been into avocados lately like the past year! YUMMY!!!! On NON-Meatless Mondays bacon would be good!
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/20121103_202633.jpg[/img]

Satsuma-Vanilla Bean Upside Down Cake. Smells like heaven. And now I only have about 200 more satsumas (at least) on my tree. I start canning on Wednesday.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/20121103_202647.jpg[/img]

What's that? You wanted a close up of the suggary-vanilla-ie goodness? Twist my arm.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/20121030_103428.jpg[/img]

These little beauties have become known as Chocolate Cherry Crack Bars at our house. They were supposed to be snack bars, but snack bars were never this addictive. Oats, puffed millet, toasted almonds, dried sour cherries, cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate and brown rice syrup. Just sweet enough and the bite of the cherries cuts through the chocolate. Not terribly low cal, but a good size serving and filling while being gluten free, vegan, whole grain, and homemade without all of those store bought preservatives. Screw Halloween candy. Made from the recipe for Car Snack 1 in The Homemade Pantry.