What's Cookin?

Options

Replies

• garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    4dba25993e31__1332727387000.jpg

This is one of Rachel Ray's dishes a 'Shepherd's Pie Baked Potato. I did some adjustments to make lighter but it was filling, easy and gooooood! Funny some of her cookbooks are really good and some just "eeeeh".
    Happy cooking!!!!!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That baked potato looks great! I mean, why not? It's an upside-down shepherd's pie, right? I've got a couple of RR standbys in my recipe files. But I have a hard time watching her "30 minute meals" shows - she moves her arms and hands so much I think she looks like a Power Ranger. It's distracting! :)
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    IMG_2279.jpg

Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs w/ roasted potatoes and vegetables.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-honey-brushed-chicken-thighs-10000002010998/
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Okay if you want to make your own chicken nuggets and not the processed ones where you are not sure what is in them then go to www.Cookingchannel.com website and look under chef Chuck Hughes for his chicken nuggets....so goooooood!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Nice thighs, Crystal! ;) Seriously - that looks delicious!

WW - thanks for the recipe tip! Might be a good thing to try with my Little next time we have dinner at my place. She's such a picky eater...
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Love chicken thighs! And she shepherds pie potato sounds good too... My family always wants it and I'm looking for a different way to make it!

Great new ideas ladies!

Trying a new recipe tonight... Hopefully I will get a good picture and post it!

Happy Cooking!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    81563a92.jpg

Lamb Bolognese...Clean Eating Magazine
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Another recipe-less concoction inspired by my hunny who does something similar with mango and shrimp.

Sautee of onions, mushrooms, garlic, mango, spinach, grape tomatoes, shrimp, chili powder and a bit of chili pepper. Served over brown rice. I started with the mango, shrimp and tomatoes and rooted through the fridge looking to see what else needed to be used. LOL

mangochilishrimp.jpg
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Nikki your honey a travel chef??? Ms Loves I got to look that Lamb dish up...yummo!
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm new to this group and have spent a few delicious days looking through your food photos. You are all such awesome cooks!

I am going to try and post my lunch today, nothing clever, just Grilled Tasmanian salmon and garden salad. I'm actually trying to work out how to post photos for when the cooking gets real haha :) I'm also wondering if I can link instagram images, testing below.

Just FYI I live in Australia and eat A LOT of salad as its Summer/Autumn.

Edit: cool, it works, instagram makes everything look awesome!

dfd57caa7fc011e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Welcome! Looks delish! So glad you found us cause we LOVE to cook!

Here is my fish for today!

005849f0.jpg

And we even enjoyed it outside!!

1fc7bd39.jpg
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Welcome Ms Malissa...my mouth is watering!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    9ad05ff1.jpg

Chicken Parmesan Burger and Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes.... Cooking Light
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Welcome Malissa! that's a gorgeous photo. I loooove salmon.

FallenAngel, your outdoor fish looks scrumptious, and I adore chicken parm! Cook's Illustrated actually has a nice baked chicken parm recipe using panko crumbs. Hmmm... maybe I'll put that on my list for this week or next... now I'm jonesin'. Haha!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    85280ae58acf__1333904688000.jpg

Hey Super-Friends!!! I cooked for my best friend this am and will cook some more this evening. We went to sunrise service and I made us orange breakfast rolls (I tweaked recipe)! Sooo good! I did the non-yeast ones because not enough time but boy delicious. We had coffee and talked for couple hours! So much fun! I went to a food blog www.youngmarriedchic.com...ya'll know I am not 'young' or married but hey....all for a good FOODIE though!!!!!

Tonight a marinated roasted chicken with Parmesan roasted potatoes and green beans with garlic vinaigrette! I didn't do dessert since we were so bad this am...maybe just pineapple.
  • Crystal817
    Options
    Welcome! Looks delish! So glad you found us cause we LOVE to cook!

Here is my fish for today!

005849f0.jpg

And we even enjoyed it outside!!

1fc7bd39.jpg

Not only does this look great, I'm jealous that it's nice enough there for you to enjoy it outside!!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    4df8118c.jpg

Pistachio-Chai Muffins.....
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wow. I haven't been on here in a few days and you guys have been cooking your butts off. Jenn, the muffins look grrrreat and how was the lamb bolognese? I thought it looked really good in the magazine, but I don't particularly care for lamb. I was thinking of just using beef. How was the mint with it?

Malissas--so glad you joined in. That photo looks awesome. You're right, I'll have to give instagram a try.

Nikki--I so love your throw together dinners. They always look so amazing and planned out.

Those honey chicken thighs with the root veggies look yummy and upside down shepard's pie is a fantastic idea, even if I have boycotted RR (long story, my first husband had a real thing for her and I despise her hand gestures--anywho.....)

I have some pics to upload and I will get it done at some point this weekend, and then it's time to make some swiss meringue buttercream. Wish me luck, my last experiment didn't go so well.....
  • Crystal817
    Options
    4df8118c.jpg

Pistachio-Chai Muffins.....

Oh dear lord.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    c9039bb2.jpg

Cumin-Spiced Fish Taco with Avocado-Mango Salsa.... Cooking Light

O M G!! Were these good!