What's Cookin?

Options

Replies

• fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    d1c4dd0a.jpg

It wouldn't be Valentines Day without Chocolate Covered Strawberries!

Tomorrows dinner is Eggs Benedict and Dipped Strawberries and Champagne for dessert!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Looks good.... But what is it? :huh:

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/dakbokkeumtang
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    9ddf7221.jpg

Dijon Chicken with Spinach and Lemon Rice.... Clean Eating Magazine!

And broiled Butternut Squash!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    48b7e405.jpg

Shanghai -Style Noodles....Clean Eating Magazine
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Angel--I haven't been keeping up on here the last couple of weeks. The calories on the pear gingerbread was 385 (12 servings)--yeah, it's not light, but it was a holiday. I did fit it into my regular days as long as I exercised. It was so worth it.

The strawberries are GORGEOUS!!!!

And, you are making me subscribe to Clean Eating. Those recipes look really good and I need a little boost in the clean-er eating department. I have been a big fat fail on that goal.
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-02-15_22-08-27_608.jpg[/img]

My sweet little Brody-man's birthday cupcakes for daycare. Martha failed me yet again. Her white cupcakes cooked flat, somewhat dry,and flavorless. To give her some credit, the texture/crumb was very nice. I poked holes and brushed on a mango simple syrup and that fixed them nicely, other than the flatness. Then I made her strawberry swiss buttercream (except mango). It came out soupy and disgusting. Amanda from Iambaker and her perfect crusting buttercream to the rescue. In the end, they actually tasted really good. If I had it to do over again I would add some almond extract for that wedding cake flavor.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Omg that is the cutest thing I have ever seen!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    fff7c474.jpg

Pineapple Chicken Satay with Brown Rice... Cooking Light

This is soooo good!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    c42215c2.jpg

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich.... Cooking Light
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-02-18_18-36-27_922-1.jpg[/img]

Maple-Dijon Cod with Wilted Spinach (Clean Eating)

After seeing some of the things Jen made out of Clean Eating, I ran out and bought a copy and signed up for a subscription. Every meal but one this week is from the March issue. This was the recipe I wasn't sure about, but it was fabulous. The sauce was similar to one I have made for chicken, but this was better. Sweetie even ate the spinach!!! That is massive. Oh, and this seriously only took 30 min to prepare. If this was the "iffy" recipe, I can't wait for the others.
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-02-19_14-08-18_862.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-02-19_14-08-30_378.jpg[/img]

Brody's 1st Birthday cake!!

I was worried that it wouldn't look good, but my back up plan was to just frost it if things didn't work out. I must say that the fondant was much easier to work with than I anticipated. I had never worked with it before, but it really was not difficult at all. I actually think it is easier in many ways than trying to get a regular frosting cake to look good.

The cake itself was Planet Cake's recipe for White Chocolate Mud Cake with a mango syrup for moistness and mango jam between the layers. I crumbcoated with a basic buttercream before the fondant. Making this cake was really fun. :D

Oh, the cars were real matchbox cars, I didn't make them.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    That is absolutely adorable! Well done!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    okay are you sure you are not an undercover chef Ms PIX????!!!!!!!! That is gorgeous!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    For all of the Foodies who like Clean Eating...I made the porridge from Tosca's Eat Clean Diet Cookbook...very filling and soooooo good especially on a cold day. I know you guys like her magazine. Her cookbook is at the library.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Kimchi soup

IMG_2238-1.jpg
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    That looks really good!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    0a772ab6.jpg

Toasted Ravioli with Balsamic Romaine Salad.... Clean Eating Magazine
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    Jen, I made the toasted ravioli on Brody's birthday. I loved them. I used a spinach and cheese ravioli (could not find small whole wheat ravioli even at Whole Food! Had to use non-whole wheat). They were GOOD. The sauce was too spicy, but that could have been my fault.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-03-01_18-23-43_444.jpg[/img]

Cream of Cilantro Soup and Chicken and Guacamole Tostadas (both on www.myrecipes.com--the soup is not Cooking Light but it is low-cal). Super yummy. We cheated on the tostadas by using Wholly Guacamole Spicy and bottled salsa, and for the chicken I boiled chicken thighs in seasoned water, then shredded and mixed with the lime juice and smoked paprika as instructed in the recipe. Yummy, yummy, yummy. The tostada recipe was new to us, but I've been making that soup for years. Everyone loves it, even people (like me) who don't really like cilantro.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Share the coup recipe you got me curious because I don't care for cilantro either but if you liked it then maybe I would too!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    You aren't the first to post that soup... I think Sarah did awhile back too and she bragged about it too... Guess its gonna have to be on my list now!