What's Cookin?

Options

Replies

• fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    cbc40594.jpg

Pork and Hominy Stew by Weight Watchers... Of course I did it right and used cabbage instead of lettuce!

Very spicy! Glad I had a margarita (or 2) to help!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    a2e867da52d5__1328463447000.jpg

Okay don't laugh at me...first time using puff pastry. I see I need a tutorial so I will be doing research online about the cutting properly for turnovers. LOL!!!!!!!
    I got recipe from the Breakfast cookbook...use blueberries and make a filling same as would for a pie just put in puff pastry...why anyone would ever eat a pop-tart again is beyond me...if I had kids I'd make them these weekly!!!!!
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I can see I need to be referring to Cooking Light more frequently. I'm very interested in the Pozole. I may have to try it, sans lettuce of course. lol
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Those look really good! Did you do a calorie count on it?
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    a2e867da52d5__1328463447000.jpg

Okay don't laugh at me...first time using puff pastry. I see I need a tutorial so I will be doing research online about the cutting properly for turnovers. LOL!!!!!!!
    I got recipe from the Breakfast cookbook...use blueberries and make a filling same as would for a pie just put in puff pastry...why anyone would ever eat a pop-tart again is beyond me...if I had kids I'd make them these weekly!!!!!

Just remember, work it cold, bake it hot. Never let puff pastry get warm while you are working it. Keep putting the tray in the fridge if necessary, and then straight into a hot oven.
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    I haven't posted anything in a while. I need to start copying the photos from my blog posts over to photobucket so at least I can post here on Monday's. I did get a copy of the Culinary Institute of America's Techniques of Healthy Cooking at the library the other day and not only is it filled with tons of great recipes (the book is huge), but there are tons of photos and complete nutritional info in the back. If only every cookbook had that. Usually I just check cookbooks out to test drive them and never buy anything that Nigella Lawson didn't write, but I might cheat on her with this one. It came out in 2007, so the price isn't too bad now.
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/peargingerbread6.jpg[/img]

Pear Upside Down Gingerbread from New Year's Eve from my blog. I know it's old, but I never posted it before, so here you go.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Those look really good! Did you do a calorie count on it?

Yes and 323 cal but like recipe said these are big so even though 'pricy' you don't feel cheated. Coffee or glass of milk and set. For me a nice weekend treat.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Ms Pix you are a cook-book feign like me??? I may get this breakfast one...I will probably have to order it. Believe it or not I really like the Supermarket Diet cookbook because so far the mac and cheese was good, steak sandwich with marinade was great, and the asparagus frittata was delicious. The recipes so far are very tasty but quick and easy for weeknight and healthy too. Go figure.
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    WW--I adore cookbooks. Online is so easy, but there is nothing like a beautifully photographed cookbook. I want them all, that is why I have to get them from the library.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-02-08_20-28-01_404.jpg[/img]

Please ignore the Pocahontas plate. I've been drinking.

Ok, so I know this looks pretty ugly, but it was freaking awesome. Mushroom Lasagne from the Jan/Feb 2012 Cooking Light (cooking class section). It was a bit pricey to make with all of the fancy mushrooms, and honestly, if I didn't have Whole Foods to go to I wouldn't have found them. Even then they didn't come packaged as called for, just bought them loose. I added two links of Whole Food's green onion pork sausage (removed from casing, crumbled, and cooked) to the mushroom mixture. I want to make it again and substitue Tony Chachere's for the plain salt. This was excellent, but Sweetie wanted a little more spice. Oh, and I left out all the onions cause Sweetie doesn't eat them. I will be posting my version after I make it again and get it all sorted, but it would be excellent as is.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I loooooove mushrooms! Sounds and looks great! My dad used to say the uglier or less fancy the :D
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    IMG_2194.jpg
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    The pear upside down gingerbread looks freaking amazing! Calories?

I plan on making the mushroom lasagna... Just gotta remember to head to Central Market for those mushrooms!

Crystal... What is that? It looks like once you cut into at egg you are gonna have one gooey mess of deliscious!

And I doubt either of you have more cookbooks or magazines than me... For one I have every issue of Martha Stewart Living from 1991.... I think when we moved I had like 8 huge boxes of magazines and books... My husband was NOT happy with me!

But I do have to have pictures in my cookbooks....
  • Crystal817
    Options
    Crystal... What is that? It looks like once you cut into at egg you are gonna have one gooey mess of deliscious!

My version of Bibimbap. I made a more traditional version just now...

IMG_2201.jpg
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    delicious for the eyes!!!!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    e04cb37d.jpg

Baked Blueberry French Toast.... Giada. 401 calories!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE are in sinc....I made an old Weight Watcher's recipe...Stuffed French toast with Blueberries!!!!!!!!!! Eeeee!!!!!!!!!
  • Crystal817
    Options
    IMG_2212.jpg

Dakdoritang 닭볶음탕
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Looks good.... But what is it? :huh:
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    42a3ce420cf0__1329134936000.jpg

I had one of the mini meat-loaves last night. I just think they are too cute. I would have done the muffin ones but I didn't have any 'cups' to put in...you know the paper ones. Delicious and I felt frisky because I made my own bread crumbs! Hee hee!