What's Cookin?

Options

Replies

• Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Curry Tofu with potato, carrots, onion with white rice. This is dinner tonight.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    6d033e7c.jpg

Cheesy Potato Soup with Mini Ham Sandwiches.... Cooking Light Jan/Feb
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    d34b8169.jpg

Oh yea I went there.... 407 calories of pure heaven!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    fd78e1c4.jpg

Light and Crispy Belgain Waffles...

690a531c.jpg

And of course you have to have a Mimosa with it!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Having lots of technical issues at home, so will have to catch up on posting photos when I get everything straightened out (God knows when that will be), but made a super easy Almond Pear Galette tonight. Thinly sliced Bosc pears tossed with 2 T. sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. grated ginger (I use the kind that comes in a jar ready to go, like the garlic--it's a puree, not minced). Arrange the pears on an unrolled refrigerated pie crust that is topped with almond paste (I rolled 4 oz. between sheets of wax paper), roll up the edge and bake at 400 for 30 min. Brush with diluted honey after 20 min.

Ok, that sounds more complicated than it was, but seriously, it just took minutes to throw together. Most of the time was spent cutting the pears. Makes 8 servings, 235 cal per slice and you can eat it like pizza.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I made a banana one years ago with caramel believe it or not....my friends inhaled it. Love pears so know good!!!!!!!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oh my word! All kinds of yummy going on in here! Mini-ham sammies are oh-so-cute! The sundaes and waffles look fab! (Mimosas are great, but I'm a bellini girl, myself).

The galettes sound divine, too! :)
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Maple Oat Scones:
    2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
    2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 Tb baking Powder
    2 tsp ground ginger
    12 Tb unsalted butter, well chilled and cubed
    3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Basically,dump everything in a food processor. Knead very gently about 12 times. Put in 'frige about 20 minutes. Form into triangular disks and bake at 400 degrees for 18 min (check your oven). Makes 12.

I gave two to my girlfriend and she said 'mmmmmm mmmmm good' I froze the rest left out 4 for the week for me...That good that I would be a blimp if left out. Calorie via MFP is 251 each one. I thought would be worse.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Sounds deliscious so I am gonna have to make it now!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    2d5f6920.jpg

Asian Lettuce Cups... Cooking Light (with Sesame Brown Rice)
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/DSC_0003.jpg[/img]

Fail. This was Lentil and Sausage Stuffed Peppers from Cooking Light. I did sub a different type of chicken sausage because I couldn't find what it called for, but what I used was similar. I didn't think it was horrible, but I really don't want to eat the leftovers, either. I think lentils and sausage are a great stuffing idea for peppers, just not this recipe.

After dinner, I told Sweetie that I wished I had made dessert. He said "why, to get the taste of dinner out of your mouth?", I laughed and said, "pretty much". He said, "what's for dinner tomorrow night?" and I said "leftovers". He said, "no, but really?". Lol. Too funny. He normally never comments when he doesn't like something.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I love stuffed peppers! esp with the tomato sauce dripping....chomp! Look good to me.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    A girl after my own heart! (and I had those plates growing up!)
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    A girl after my own heart! (and I had those plates growing up!)

The white one with the green flowers on the edge? It's my oddball plate. I only have one! lol
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    c939546c.jpg

These are huge! It's 1 1/2 pounds shrimp for 4 tacos!! So you are totally full!

By Weight Watchers....
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    Everything looks amazing. I've made those Asian Glazed Drumsticks from skinnytaste; you're look prettier than mine! I was kinda turned off reading the recipe by the balsamic vinegar (not exactly Asian), but they were good. Loves, the tacos look great!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Camera not working but made chicken Philly cheese-steak tonight from Cooking Light and boy was it GOOD!!!!!!!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Camera not working but made chicken Philly cheese-steak tonight from Cooking Light and boy was it GOOD!!!!!!!!!

That's good to know cause I've been wanting one of those lately!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    262e1266.jpg

Because I'm a good friend, and a little evil, I made garlic7girl's Maple Scones... Except I added a little twist and put a maple glaze on top with some sparking sugar!