What's Cookin?

Options

Replies

• Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    A made-up stuffed zucchini dish I had for lunch today.

Filling is zucchini innards, mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomatoes, chicken breast, feta, mozzarella, and oregano. about 300 cals for half a zucchini! :)

stuffedzucchini.jpg
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Chicken Tagine with Dates & Yogurt
    Served over quinoa (instead of couscous) with pan-roasted Brussel sprouts.

chickentaginedatesyogurt1.jpg

My veggie delivery service sent some dates, which I'd never used in anything but cookies or bars. So I went looking for something to cook with dates. This Moroccan dish has an amazing spice blend including paprika, cumin, ginger, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and a bunch of lemon zest. This was something entirely different than I'm accustomed to cooking - both the method and the seasonings - but it was amazing!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Yummo!!!!!!!!!! Ms Nikki
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    76adfc0b.jpg

My homemade guacamole and pico de gallo....
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    CRUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be in heaven!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    18e117a8.jpg

Maple-Dijon Cod with Wilted Spinach and Herbed Orzo Salad.... Clean Eating & Cooking Light
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    slurp looks divine
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Nikki, that zucchini looks awesome. Jen, I forgot that we had made that same cod. We really liked it a lot. It's on my make again list.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/008.jpg[/img]

Kale chips. You really can't tell, but they actually were crunchy and surprisingly addictive. I stored the leftovers in a zip-lock, though, and they went limp on me. The baby loved these, but I think that was mostly the salty seasoning. But, hey, that's why I liked them, too. They do cause you to be wicked bad smelly, though. Or maybe that was just me.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/004.jpg[/img]

Mac and cheese muffins for the kiddo. They have beef, broccoli, and carrots. I added ricotta to help them be a little more moist, but they are still a bit dry to me. I need to mess with them and make them a little more creamy. Recipe posted on www.dustwithflour.com .
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Looks like something my kids would eat for sure!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Oooh - the cod and mac 'n' cheese muffins look great! I love kale chips!

Nice work ladies! :)
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-03-20_21-10-12_695.jpg[/img]

Wedding cake trial run. I baked all of the lemon cakes today. The real cake gets cut, brushed with a fresh lemon syrup, then spread with fresh lemon curd and blackberries (it also calls for raspberries, but I'm leaving them out), then the whole thing is frosted in a lemon meringue buttercream. I am planning on covering that in fondant. We'll see how it holds up since the filling needs refrigeration.

For this trial run, I just used the cakes. I haven't made the syrup or the curd yet, I just made the cakes ahead so I could freeze them. To test it out, I skipped the syrup and used a store bought lemon curd, fresh blackberries, and just covered the whole mess in cool whip. I have never bought jarred lemon curd before and I never will again. I have only ever made it fresh and it is just a whole different product. I bought a decent brand and it was disgusting. At least I can say I like the cake and the berries together. And I know what my lemon curd tastes like, so I think it will be a good mix. I managed to wolf down a piece even with the skunky lemon curd on it. :D
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    ok Ms Pix I am a big kid so the 'muffins' I would devour! The cake....help me God!!!!!!!!!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    That cake sounds soooo light and delicious! :)
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    I LOVE the cake!!

30a09f76.jpg

Sausage Spinach Rice Bowl... Cooking Light

Asparagus with Balsamic and Feta.... Mine...

This dish was so easy and fast! I made my rice but the recipe asks for pre-cooked rice... Guess it would be faster!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Loooove asparagus could eat it daily!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    That rice bowl sounds like a great way to doctor up some leftovers! Yummy!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    27a85742.jpg

Pistachio Pavlovas with Raspberries and Lemon Curd... (yes pix it's from scratch! )
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    It looks light and refreshing!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Sweet Sesame Mahi-Mahi

Found at allrecipes.com: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-sesame-mahi-mahi/detail.aspx
    Served with brown rice and (overly) wilted spinach.

sesamemahi.jpg

The recipe was... ok. It sounds more exciting that it was. The lime juice was too sour with my already-tart pineapple. If my pineapple was quite sweet, the lime juice might have worked better, but I'm thinking it's not at all necessary. The sesame-seed treatment was pretty darned good though. Overall it's a quick, fresh, fun, light dish.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    a2d19b0550d9__1332630926000.jpg

I made my own fish cake or buger whichever you want to call it...in the food processer! It was delicious! Skinnytaste.com