What's Cookin?

Options

Replies

• fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    4df15589.jpg

Pasta Pork Bolognese ... Cooking Light... Just as good as I expected!!!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    b11cc8944a56__1334534133000.jpg

This is the Rachel Ray Pesto Presto...I can not express how good it was...slobbering!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    dbcbb018.jpg

Strawberry-Lemon Shortcakes!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    1c4d01b0.jpg

Grilled Salmon with Brown Butter Couscous and Grilled Baby Squash! Cooking Light...
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    my favorite saaaaaaalmon!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try those fish tacos!

And I adore pesto! I have some frozen into "ice cubes" that a friend and I made at the end of the summer. Time to use 'em up! It won't be long before it's time to make fresh stuff again!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wedding pics, what there are right now anyway. There will likely be more when they get edited.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-04-19_15-51-16_509.jpg[/img]

I made wedding cookies for Brody's day care class. They were sugar cookies with buttercream frosting (both recipes from iambaker.com ). The design is the same as for the cake, except I did color on the hydrangeas.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-04-20_07-27-43_840.jpg[/img]

I played around with making meringue cookies for the reception, and although they are pretty, they were too pink and they were way too sweet. Plus, in the end, I just couldn't serve anything that had jello in it. I got the recipe from Sweetapolita's blog and I love her instructions for Swiss meringue buttercream, but these were not anything I would eat. Pretty, though.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/Cake-2a.jpg[/img]

The cake. The background was a too close, so my father in law edited this and put in the black and red background to match the wedding colors. I don't have a photo of the cut cake on hand at the moment, but it's just cake and blackberries. I like how the recipe has you lighten the lemon curd filling with whipped cream so the lemon flavor doesn't slap you in the face. It was so nice and subtle. The design of the cake was adapted from iambaker's Royal Wedding Cake and the recipe was Bon Appetit's Lemon-Berry Wedding Cake.

IMG_0120-1.jpg

A VERY rare picture of the sweetie smiling.

IMG_0120-1-1.jpg

Grr. I hate how it cuts off the right side. I cropped Emily's side to see if I could squeeze me in there since re-sizing didn't work.
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow, your cake looks amazing! Just like a magazine pic haha.
    The family photo is beautiful, looks like everyone was happy.
    And those flowers! At first I thought they were roses, but they are a mixture of the reddest flowers I've ever seen, so beautiful :)
    Congrats!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Everything looks beautiful so far! Can't wait to see more!! LOVE the cake and cookies!!!
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    Wow, your cake looks amazing! Just like a magazine pic haha.
    The family photo is beautiful, looks like everyone was happy.
    And those flowers! At first I thought they were roses, but they are a mixture of the reddest flowers I've ever seen, so beautiful :)
    Congrats!

It was ranunculus (my favorite flower right behind peony's which were out of season), tulips, Gerbera daisys, and carnations (which I don't like but they were ok for fillers)
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    119463af.jpg

Mexican Chocolate Cream Pie.... The cayenne is what gives it its kick!
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    I can't wait to make that pie. It sucks that I also have a ton of cakes to make this month. At some point I am going to have to start charging people.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-05-02_19-03-59_811.jpg[/img]

Cooking Light Sausage and Spinach Risotto. This was really good. I don't do a lot of rice and it was the first time I ever made risotto. I loved it. The baby loved it and ate tons of the spinach even though he hates it raw. I used a turkey Italian sausage instead of regular.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-04-29_19-09-40_945.jpg[/img]

Salad with roasted butternut squash and Sunny Cranberry Trail Mix.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    They both look great! Try Giadas Lobster brown Butter Risotto... It's amazing!

c62309fd.jpg

BBQ'n this week! Love this time of year! (and yes most pics will be taken outside!)

This is Food Networks Carolina-Style BBQ Chicken with Cooking Lights Macaroni Salad... Is was an amazing dinner!
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    Jen, have you tried her grilled corn cakes? OMG. I make them with smoked gouda. They fall apart on the grill, but if you make them in a cast iron grill pan............seriously amazing.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Both of your foods look marvelous!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    2212e95e.jpg

I may have posted this before.... Fresh Tomato, Sausage and Pecorino Pasta

c92a8dcf.jpg

This about the best thing I've ever eating!!! Chocolate Pavlova with Raspberries....

0cc0dba7.jpg

And the prettiest!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    4c0c4d65f596__1336354508000.jpg

e35e703cc2c5__1336354032000.jpg

Dinner/lunch for tonight and rest of the week! YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!! Sorry my cell camera is not crystal clear.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    They looks deliscious! What are they?
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oh, those raspberries LOOK like summer! :)

Yes WW - what are those yummy dishes?
  • MICHELLE382GRANS
    Options
    THAT LOOKS TOTALLY AWESOME!!