Welcome!!!

Options

Replies

• Bealach_Bug
    Options
    Hi Everyone (waves from not so sunny Scotland)

Height: 5'4
    SW: 196
    CW: 184
    GW: not sure yet
    Location East Lothian, Scotland
    Sex: F
    4 kids, eldest is 21, youngest is 13
    Married
    We've also got five dogs

Diet Plan - trying not to eat too much processed food, also want to avoid 'white' food, I love the fact I don't get hungry and that my finger nails are long for the first time ever. Looking for freinds and community support on my journey to a healthier life.

Weakness - Probably wine and chocolate
  • bhilliard07
    Options
    Me:

Height: 5'3"
    HW: 195
    CW: 169
    GW: 135 (healthy BMI)
    UGW: 125
    Location- Irving, Texas USA
    No children
    Not married, but I am in a long-term relationship.

Diet Plan- I am a fairly strict follower of "Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution." I am still in Induction since I do have more than 15 pounds to lose. I eat 20g of carbs daily, with 12 or so coming from the allowed veggies and tomatoes. I began on March 25, 2012 and have already lost 26 pounds. I used to keep a daily journal, but that was so much of a hassle with my busy schedule. I know how many carbs are in all of my foods and I typically eat the same things every day.

Exercise - I am currently on the first week of Insanity, but this is my second time around on it. I love this HIIT workout and it leaves me out of breath and feeling amazing! It is great for fat burning and whole-body muscle definition.

Super weakness
    buttered rolls and sweet tea! Not to mention ice cream and peach cobbler.
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ! So excited to see Low Carber Dily Forum on MFP! I first did Atkins 12 years ago and lost 60 lbs within 5 months! I gained it back fast once I stopped. I then had twins and after them I started low cal dieting. Lost 20lbs, gained it back...needless to say I'm a yo yo dieter ;( but I'm on a mission to lose the weight (or most of it) before my 35th birthday this November ;) one thing I have learned through my dieting is to be happy with my body no matter what my size!

I am a mom of 4 boys: a 16 year old, 13 year old and 3 1/2 year old twins! They do keep me busy but I am also a teacher (when CA has $ to keep their teachers employed).

Ht: 5'6
    SW:242
    CW:232
    GW:150
    Sex:Female
    4 boys
    Married for 16 years this November
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    HW: 196 lbs
    CW: 150 lbs
    GW: 140 lbs
    UGW: Maybe 130 lbs (depending on how I look)
    Location- Lake District, Cumbria, UK
    No children
    Not married- yet! Am working on it.

Joined the group basically to get some more ideas on how to eat lower carb than I do. Decided I am fuelling myself with too many carbs so want to start at first by limiting my intake to 40% then taking it from there. If there's anyone else from the UK I'd love to be friends so I can sneak some peeks at your diaries and get more ideas!
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Did Atkins when i was 19 and passed out on it.... so didn't go back. Now trying to keep my carbs under 100 a day.

Height:5 ft 9
    HW: 180
    CW: 168
    GW: 150
    Location- North of Chicago, Illinois
    No children - and Don't want any :)
    Married
    High School teacher

Diet Plan- Under 100 carbs a day along with staying below 1600 cals a day and continuing to do bootcamp at least 5 times a week.

Super weakness
    binging for an entire day! :/
  • Tina__T
    Tina__T Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    HW:
    CW: 154
    GW: 130
    Location- Las Vegas, NV
    2 children-a 5 year old daughter (Violet) and a 16 month old daughter (Ainsley)
    Been married for 5 1/2 years, with my husband for over 10!

Diet Plan- High protein, low carb. Trying to stay under 50 NET carbs a day. Hoping to get into doing Insanity, even though I think I'll die LOL

Super weakness-Potatoes, cereal
  • kellyrae110
    Options
    Height : 5 ft 10"
    HW: 316
    CW: 260
    GW:150
    UGW: 150 (is this ultimate goal weight? haha, not real savvy with the acronyms)
    Sex: Female
    Single with no children and not sure what TTC means

Diet Plan: EAT. LESS. CARBS. :) Just kidding, I have been staying in the Induction phase for Atkins since I started in February since I want to lose a lot of weight. So I'm keeping my carb intake to under 25/day. Drinking lots of water and excerising!

My Weakness is: Pizza and macaroni and cheese - every 7 year old's dream meal :)
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Single with no children and not sure what TTC means

TTC = trying to conceive. Welcome :)
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello - this is my third day of low carbing (not mega low - just halving the amount of carbs I used to eat) I'm a bread monster, but it really bloats me so thinking of alternatives is a bit tricky!
  • dhill_84
    dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

Height: 5'9"
    HW: 280
    CW: 255
    GW: Under 200
    UGW: 180
    Location- Canada
    No children
    Not married
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 190
    CW: 169
    GW: 155
    UGW: 145

Diet Plan: Limit starch and sugar in my diet. Exercise. Make this a lifestyle change.

Waekness: Ice Cream.
  • butterflimom32
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

Height: just under 5'4"
    HW: 270
    CW: 168
    GW: undecided but under 140
    UGW: 115
    Location- Middle Georgia
    2 children ages 4 and 14, 2 furry children - Tom a 10 year old blue russian kitty and Ava a 7 month old lab mix
    Married for 6 years now

Today is day 1 of induction of the Adkins diet for me. So far it has been pretty easy, although I am already missing my carbs. I realize that it is mind over matter. I am going to try and stick around 20 carbs per day for at least 2 weeks. I tried this lifestyle many years back and it worked although I could not stick with it. I have digestive issues which means that bad carbs make me sick. I realize that if I am going to get better as well as get to a healthy weight I am going to have to stick with it and make low carb dieting become a part of my everyday life.

Weakness- chips, pizza, chocolate, sweets, bread,etc...anything carbs :)
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Height: 5’10”
    HW: 332
    CW: 250
    GW: 175
    UGW: 175
    Location- NorCal, USA
    Sex: M
    Married, three adult children, three grandsons, two Cocker Spaniels.

Issues: Type 2 diabetic, high blood pressure, hypertension, high cholesterol, Sleep Apnea, Atrial Fibrillation, artificial knee.

Diet Plan – Doctor prescribed 1800 calorie, low sodium diet. To keep by blood sugar in check and to improve my Lipids, the best “diet” for me (after years of trying everything else) is Primal. I try to eat: fat 55% (110g), protein 35% (158g), carbs 10% (45g) and sodium < 1500 mg.

I do cardio on a seated elliptical bicycle (artificial knee) 33 minutes/5 days per week and resistance training for 45 minutes/two days per week. .

Super weakness
    Pizza, especially my own home made with a cold fermented dough. I’m Primal now and don’t eat grains so now I make portabella pizzas.

Strengths: I love to cook, grill and BBQ.
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I just realized I never introduced myself! I enjoyed getting to read your introductions. Here’s a little about me:

Height: 5’6”
    HW: 150
    CW: 137
    GW: 130
    Location - NJ, USA
    No children
    Not married yet – The wedding is October 27th!

Diet Plan- Not following a specific plan. I have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and I feel best when I limit my carbs to under 100g and keep to ‘good’ carbs such as whole grains, vegetables, and beans. I do have days where I treat myself to some of my carb weaknesses!

Exercise – Currently trying to ease back into exercise and recently started incorporating strength training

Weakness – Pasta! I looove all forms of noodle-y goodness

Strengths – I love to cook and do outdoor activities (kayak, hike, etc.)

Fun Fact – I have a pet Holland lop that has given me the opportunity to try lots of different veggies since he’s spoiled and I buy him all kinds of yummy greens. He also finds it extremely entertaining and likes to do binkies with excitement if I’m doing dance dvds such as Zumba and jumping around like a nutcase.
  • Kittenann710
    Kittenann710 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone

I am new to MFP but not new to low carb eating. I am just getting back to the low carb way of eating after 4 years of struggling.

Height:5'6"
    HW: 263 (in 2008)
    CW: 233
    GW: 175
    Location - MI, USA
    1 child (after my first round of eating low carb)
    Married

Diet Plan: Atkinish with a Paleoish slant

Exercise – Walking for now. I am hoping to get back into strength training.

Weakness – Ice cream

Strengths – I love to cook

15275953.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 8"
    HW: 226
    CW: 211
    GW: 160
    UGW: 150
    Location- Tennessee
    Children: 3 grown sons, 1 grandson, 1 granddaughter
    Married.

Diet Plan - Lower carb. I try to stay under 75 carbs. No processed food, organic as much as possible. I exercise most days on the treadmill or walking my crazy Siberian Husky, and do strength training about 3 times per week.

Strengths - Experimenting with recipes, modifying unhealthy foods into low carb. Two of my sons are still at home, with one getting married next May. I experiment on them. They will be honest with me on my "creations." I also have a positive attitude - most of the time.

Weaknesses - Potatoes in any way shape or form, garlic bread from this evil Italian restaurant close to my house, fast food, fried seafood....and I could mention about 1,000 other things!
  • jpcamden
    jpcamden Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, name's Jason. I'm 27 years old and from South Carolina. Gonna be going out of the format a little bit.

I was at about 304lbs at my highest, and I'm down to around 275 right now. I work outside and I'm on my feet all day so that probably helps a little with the weightloss, but I'm a horrible dieter. I cheat too much, and I have the mentality where if I have a slipup I think "Oh well guess this day is ruined, now I can eat whatever I want." But I'm working on that and so far it's OK I suppose.

My goal weight is kind of blurry. I'm trying to join the Army and I can make tape to get in so I could probably lose another 20 or 30 pounds and be able to join, as long as I lose enough inches.

My plan is Atkins pretty much. I try to eat around 20 carbs a day. I don't know if I'm in ketosis or whatever, but hopefully it will pay off again.

Hmm. I'm single, and as far as I know, I don't have any kids.

Strengths: No idea..
    Weaknesses: Candy. Willpower is severely lacking.

If anyone wants to add me go ahead, it'd be nice to have some more low carb friends on here.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 10"
    HW: 468
    CW: 388
    GW: 200 - 210
    UGW: Single digit body fat %
    Sex: M
    Married
    No children

Diet Plan-Modified Atkins. During the week, I try to keep my Carbs under 20g a day. On the weekends, I try to keep my Carbs in the 60 - 70 range. When I get closer to my goal weight, I may gradually increase my Carb allowance.

Exercise: I am walking between 1 and 2 hours a day, 5 to 6 days a week. I also try to get in strength training 3 to 4 times a week. Currently doing the 100 pushup program and 200 squat program since I do not have any consistant access to the gym. These exercises work major muscle groups as well as stablizing muscles.

Strengths: Most might not consider it a strength, but I am not the type that has to have a wide variety of food. Many of the people I know in person have complained that a low carb diet did not provide enough variety for them.

Weakness: I have a tendency to lose my motivation for exercise as the day gets later, which is why I always walk around 7 am.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Woooooo, we have well over 3000 members now :o) Welcome all!