Welcome!!!

Options

Replies

• susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    when you're reading labels, Net Carbs are total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber. Hope that helps!
  • Connorene
    Connorene Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Height: 5'5"
    HW: 217
    CW: 177
    GW: 127
    UGW: 120 to 127
    Sex: F
    No children and not married

Diet Plan - a cross between Atkens/paleo/primal. Since I am over 55 years old, female, and was obese in the past, losing weight is extremely hard. Consequently, I have decided that my main goal should be to heal my body.

Exercise: walking my two dogs.

Super weakness: ice cream.

Strengths: Good health and old age runs in my family.

Connie
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hellooooooooooo :)

Height: 5'4"
    HW: 140
    CW: 136
    GW: 125
    UGW: 120-125
    Location- Victoria British Columbia
    No children
    Not married

Diet Plan- Trying to keep between 50-100 carbs a day (starting a few days ago)

I weight lift & do cardio 4-5 times a week.

Super weakness
    chocolate/pizza !! AHHH :) Nice to meet you, anyone with similiar goals w/ open diaries, please add me!
  • stephenson6
    Options
    Hi! So glad someone posted a link to this group!

Height: 5'0"
    HW: 205 (2009)
    Pre MM: 175 (May 2011)
    CW: 125

Married: 19 years to my husband, Scott
    Kids: 4 (17, 15, 14 & 10)

Diet Plan: I have been following The Metabolism Miracle (MM) since May 2011. I lost some weight prior to MM, but have lost 50 pounds of FAT and am now at a normal BMI. MM is a hormone balancing program not a counting/restricting calories program. Step 1 net carb range is around 50 and Step 2 net carb range is around 120. Feel free to friend me and I'd be happy to explain the plan in more detail. I'm type 2 and have been able to elimnate BP and cholesterol meds and decreade my oral diabetes med by 50%. As I am at my goal weight, my goal is to totally eliminate my diabetes med, which I'm hoping to be able to do, later this spring.

Exercise: 30 minutes on the elliptical x 5-6 days a week.

Weaknesses: I really don't have any anymore, now that the cravings are gone. I have found many wonderful alternatives eating this way and many new favorites.

I use MFP to track, though it's not necessary on MM. I find it keeps myself accountable. I also find I like all that "data" and I think it's a positive step in taking care of me.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Height: 5'7"(but might be shrinking)
    HW: 155ish
    CW: 136
    UGW: same
    Location- Omaha NE
    16 yr Son, 13 yr Daughter, 10 yr Daughter
    Married for 22 years, 7 yrs ago he suffered a massive stroke and now I'm the caregiver to all.

Diet Plan- Following South Beach Diet. Did phase 1 right b4 hubby's stroke and lost too much weight due to stress and not eating. years later too much pop, and everything else. For lent last year gave up pop and sugary drinks dropped from 155-138. This year for lent, still off pop, so gave up carbs instead. Back to South Beach Diet. Followed phase 1 first two weeks, on phase 2 now, but still no breads or pastas or grains, except on sunday. Hoping to stay on phase two until I reach goal weight this time!

Exercise: In car wreck July 2011, had to stop exercising, but am almost ready to get back into it. Loved Zumba and other classes, love hiking.

Super weakness
    TOM cravings, potato chips, chocolate chip cookies, homemade bread, carbs, carbs, carbs!
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Super weakness
    TOM cravings, potato chips, chocolate chip cookies, homemade bread, carbs, carbs, carbs!

Oh didn't remember ice cream, I eat it regardless!

How many carbs should I have a day? Didn't know there was a number.
  • susannahcooks
    Options
    How many carbs should I have a day? Didn't know there was a number.

all depends on the plan and phase. Atkins is pretty methodical about how many, from what sources and when - I don't know much about South Beach, so can't answer you, but maybe someone else can on this board!

By comparison: Atkins says fewer than 20 net (so carbs minus fiber) during induction; I think Phase 2 (called ongoing weight loss) is betwen 25 and 45, and phase 3 (pre-maintenance where you figure out what your threshhold is for weight loss v. maintenance mode v. weight gain) is 50-70, and then lifetime maintenance is whereever you netted out at your ideal weight.
  • 86toronado
    Options
    Height: 5' 4"
    HW: 211
    CW: 200?
    GW: don't have one
    UGW: "
    Location- New York

Married for almost 9 years, 6 furry kids (2 canine, 4 feline). No plans for any human children :)

Diet Plan- Just keeping it around 50-100 net carbs per day, and using MFP to keep my calories in check (around 1500). My plan is to just stay in ketosis until the weight all comes off. I don't weigh myself at all, am just basing my progress on how my clothes fit, and how I look and feel, rather than a number on a scale. This is because in all of my (many) previous attempts at weight loss the weigh-in became either an excuse to cheat when the number was good, or quit when the number was bad.

Exercise: My goal is Zumba 3 times a week, rowing twice a week, and yoga once a week. Haven't quite gotten there yet...

Super weakness: Crunchy salty foods like tortilla chips, also pizza and pasta.

Strengths: I actually like exercising, and I'm a good cook, so experimenting with making favorite meals into favorite low carb meals is going to be fun.
  • Want2BeBetter
    Want2BeBetter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 7"
    HW: 308
    CW: 282
    GW: 150
    Location- Australia

Back again after I got distracted by life. A big part of my plan is to up my protein while watching my calories, but I have set myself to do 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fat.

I have found for me that as long as I keep my protein high I seem to lose weight, it's just resisting things like noodles which are a bit of a weakness for me.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello! Real name :kay
    children:2 a new born may I add!
    Height:5'0
    Married :no
    Cw:184
    GW:130
    today is my day one low carb wish me luck!
  • susannahcooks
    Options
    today is my day one low carb wish me luck!
    Good luck!
  • kbond74
    kbond74 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! Never done this before, but here it goes....

Height: 5'7"
    HW: 230
    CW: 216
    GW: Under 200
    UGW: 150
    Location- Florida, US
    2 children
    married
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    HW: 266
    CW: 218.4
    GW: 166
    UGW: 150 (healthy BMI)
    Location- Eastern KY, USA
    One teen son.
    Married. :)

Diet Plan- Atkins because it is easier for me to follow. Low carb to control PCOS and lose weight. After the weight loss I will continue to stay on a lower carb lifestyle to help control the PCOS.

Exercise: Going through the couch to 5k program to be ready for a 5k race. I am also going to add in strength training on the days I don't run. So every other day. :)

Super weakness
    pop tarts and chips!!! mmmmmm
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello guys!!! I am just now trying to start this and I am REALLY struggling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Height: 5'1''
    HW: 179.6
    CW: 164.4
    GW: 140 but first I would be happy with 150 cause I have been talking about it for so long!!!
    UGW: 130-135 or less
    Location- Saint Albans, WV
    No children
    I will be married on May 19, 2012

Diet Plan- Right now my goal is 30 carbs or less a day (but I struggle) BUT I am kind of lost because some people say you can have vegies?? and other say no and then fruits as well??? soo I guess I dont know enough and its hard to think its okay to have Mayo and those things you always tried to stay as far as from before......sooooo I am here to learn more!?!?!?!?

Exercise - I try to run 3-4 times a week (but sometimes that doesnt happen) but most weeks I run at least once...I try to do a race at least once a month!!! I also Zumba at least once a week but some weeks I can do it 3-5 times!!! I also have tons of programs (Turbo Jam, ChaLean Extreme, Turbo Fire) but just havent done them in a while!!!

Super weakness
    oh gosh!!!! soo many things!!!! I love love love Thanksgiving Dinner (carb city) and Mexican like its my job!!!! :( and sweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sooo anyone want to share any secrets or tips wtih me!!! me and my fiance are trying this out!!! soo anything would be helpful!!! ;)
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Katie

Height 5'5

HW -

CW -

GW -

I am from Scotland

Age 18

Sex F

Exercise - Try and fit exercise in around studies, some weeks I go to gym everyday and some weeks 2-3 times a week. Love long walks.

Weaknesses- crackers, crisps and eating enough protein.

I have PCOS and I am really self concious but determined to lose weight!
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    So happy to have found the carb area. As someone above posted, most people just don't get it.
    Also I'm so thrilled to have found this wonderful site.

Height: 5"3 used to be 5'4" Lost an inch somewhere along the way. Probably osteoporosis.
    HW: 330
    CW: 187
    GW: Under 160
    UGW: 160
    Location- Lake Charles, La USA
    Children Two daughters and one in heaven
    married to the most wonderful man in the world whom I love dearly

Diet Plan- Induction plan Atkins Diet which allows 20 grams of carbs a day or less.

This is coupled with getting some low impact exercise in each weak.

Super weakness
    Chocolate, Rich, Dark Chocolate, The smooth creamy darkest chocolate.......Oh I digress..

You will find this when you click my profile page and it is my mantra. "Know this, The quickest way to learn something is to teach it. This works with motivation too. When you motivate others, you become much more motivated yourself. Pay it forward."
  • noelliebell
    noelliebell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Noelle (: I just joined MFP today and love it and the app so far. <3

Height: 5'3"
    HW:310
    CW:301.6
    GW:Under 200
    UGW:130
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I guess I haven't actually introduced myself, ha!

Height: 5' 3ish"
    HW: 260 (prior to MFP)
    CW: 189
    GW: Right now 140, which is the highest "normal" weight for my height. Hell, right now I'd settle for 170 so I'd just be "overweight"! lol
    UGW: I'll see after I get to 140, how I look/feel.
    Location- Indiana

Diet Plan- Kind of a mish-mash of Primal & Atkins. I tend to not eat fruit on a regular basis except berries, I try to keep my carbs at 50g/day or less (ideally 30), and I do avoid wheat products/gluten. I found after going low-carb and "cheating" with wheat, it is what causes my IBS. I'm also lactose intolerant, but it's mostly milk that bothers me.

Exercise: strength train 2x/week, and cardio on other days. dog walks. I also play rugby, I'm in-season right now, so practice twice a week plus games on weekends.

Super weakness: hmm. Ice cream, and reese's cups. They can still be gluten-free, but still not good for me :( I'm content to not touch any bread or pasta, as I know the consequences now!! Oh, and cheese is another weakness. I can do gluten-free WAY easier than giving up cheese!

Strengths: I like that tornado added this!! I also like cooking, and experimenting with foods. I do like exercise...most days. lol. I think it is also a strength that I have a lot of supportive friends.
  • squigley50
    Options
    Hi New to the group:

Height: 5'4
    CW: 190.0
    GW: 140.0

My new health / fitness plan:
    Carb limit: 20 ~ 25 carbs daily
    > Most carbs will be from veggies & nuts. No pastas, breads or fruit. Eat lots of proteins.
    > Dinning out: Salads / Grilled Fish or Chicken
    Workout:
    > At least 30 minutes daily - Treadclimber
    > 20 min ~ 30 min: KettleBell Workout

Wish me luck and Good Luck to all of you !!!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Rachael here. Only have 6 kg to lose but counting calories aint working. I did low carb years ago and totally transformed my body. I have a body that is sugar crazy so its all or nothing. Hoping this is successful!

cw-66kg
    gw - 60kg
    height - 165cm 5.5ft