Welcome!!!

Options

Replies

• bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello group! Today is my first day here and I am loving this site! I started Atkins on Sunday of last week and am having much success so far.I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'll better and learning more things about the low-carb. lifestyle.

Height: 5'2"
    HW: 196
    CW: 181
    GW: 140
    UGW: 130
    Location- Texas
    Sex: F
  • Trixiebelle67
    Trixiebelle67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4" (with slight rounding up)
    HW: 180
    GW: 150
    UGW: 140
    Sex: Female
    Children: 27 year old daughter
    common law

Diet Plan: I did atkins years ago and it worked really well for me. I kept the weight off for a number of years. I ended up in a job where I worked long and weird hours and I basically ate when I could and whatever was quick at hand. The result was going a steady weight gain in the last four years. So I'm getting back on track and really happy to find other low carbers out there :)
  • ctrilk
    ctrilk Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi everyone :) Just joined myfitnesspal after getting frustrated with the food calculator/nutrition info on my FitBit's site (seems like lots of people have problems with it!)

Height: 5'4"
    HW: 166
    UGW: 130
    Children: none, but I am getting married to an awesome guy in May and want to look great for the wedding. :)

Diet Plan: I had been keeping myself on a strict 1500 calorie diet for almost 3 months, along with exercising 4x a week, and I had only lost 5 lbs. I needed something to kick things up a notch, and LCing is going great so far. I'm trying to keep my carbs under around 40g a day.. it's hard to calculate for me because I've never really counted nutrients, just straight up calories (probably why I wasn't losing weight before!) I am loving the forums on this site so far! :)
  • daisysmamu
    daisysmamu Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, i just joined today, found this website a few days ago.

Real name - Martha
    Height - 5'5''
    CW - 150
    GW - 130
    Location - Texas
    Age - 57
    Sex - Female
    Children - 3 Dachshunds and a cat
    Married

Diet Plan - I just re-started Atkins a few days ago - this time with the help and participation of DH. I had been on it a few years ago, was successful - the first time ever! - got down to the low 130's - but got lazy with my diet habits, and got back up to 155. Probably about 5 lbs. a year. Holidays didn't help! I've gotten to the point where I either lose the weight, or I go out and buy bigger clothes. I've waited as long as possible because everything is tight and uncomfortable. In addition to the lo-carb, I have to watch calories - 1100 or less during weight loss. I know that sounds low, but 1200 or so and I can't lose the weight. But so far, so good. I've just started the Induction phase of Atkins. Glad to find some like-minded people. Lo-carb is the only thing that works for me!
  • Leigh98
    Leigh98 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the Low carber daily forum group. Please take time below to introduce (or re-introduce) yourselves below:

Me:

Height: 5'1
    HW: 246
    CW: 189
    GW: 145
    Location- Brighton, ON Canada
    2 grown kids, Jenn (Married to Matt and gave my my first grandbaby Kolby!) & Jonah

Married 20 years to the Love of my life, Jeff

Diet Plan- Focused on keeping the carbs down, around 50 or less

Joining our local gym next week to add in more exercise!

Super weakness
    Chips of any kind!
  • Chicagolopez
    Chicagolopez Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    CW: 220
    GW: 175
    Location- Chicago, Il.
    Sex: Male
    Child: 19 yearl old freshman at University of Illinois
    Divorced!

I focus on low carb eating - Primal Blueprint is the way I want to go.

My weaknesses are: Candy and sweetrolls

My strengths are: I read a allot and can I think give some good resources for people to follow.

I love to cycle and wine is a passion for me.
  • 57scoutmaster
    Options
    Height: 6'0"
    HW: 280
    CW: 243
    GW: 195
    Location- Pennsylvania
    Sex: M
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nice to see a fellow Texan! Good luck with the diet....I just started Atkins a week ago......this is day 9 and so far so good :)
  • iridisa
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 171
    CW: 158
    GW: 125
    Married 11 years, 3 sons (8 yrs, 5 yrs and 18 mos) and 1 daughter (3 years)

I started low-carb at the beginning of the year after reading Taubes Good Calories, Bad Calories. I had no idea how carbs affected the body so negatively. I am a devoted convert now - not a bit of grain or table sugar has passed these lips and I hope to keep it that way! My husband has joined me for the low-carb lifestyle, which really helps! By default the kids are on it too, but I'm not being strict with them - they will get their fair share of junk food and treats - but already they are starting to make healthier choices on their own (I'm so proud!). We're still keeping it under 20g of carbs a day. I'm keeping my calories around 1500 a day. So far so good.

Strengths: I am loving the food and diet so far, and haven't had any cravings. I can cook (getting better every day)! Positive attitude - I envision what I will feel and look like at the end of this journey and it is my inspiration.

Weaknesses: Ummmm, I think the holidays where the kids get/bring home candy might be tough. And of course cooking big family dinners for the extended family will be difficult to keep low-carb. We'll see.
  • michelby09
    michelby09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm so glad I found this group!

Height: 5'7"
    CW: 251
    GW: 160
    UGW: Size 10 or 12 (never been there so I don't know an exact #)
    Married for 2 years, together for 7

I am on week 3 of the South Beach diet and it is working out great! I've lost about 7 lbs and my blood sugar is fantastic ( I have diabetes...dr says its type 1 but I'm not so sure since I was diagnosed at 21). My calorie intake is roughly 1,300 a day and I'm struggling a little bit in the fat and sodium depts.

My weakness is anything salty.....pizza, Chinese, chips, etc.

My strengths are envisioning the future....for once I am completely focused on getting healthy and no one will stop me!
  • cloaylward
    Options
    Hi Guys!! Just found you here after joining the other day!

Height: 5'9"
    CW: 210 (last monday when i started the low carb diet!)
    GW: 160
    UGW: To be a size 10-12 (uk - i'm currently a size 14 with lots of squishy bits !)
    Married for 7 years this June
    Blessed with 3 gorgeous children - Aaron 9, Joey 5 & Zara 4

Just can't wait to like how i look and not have to hide away in black clothes. when i put on weight the first places it seems to go are my nose, face, tummy and thighs..... myh little boy Joey loves nothing more in the mornign when he wakes than to come into our bed, and lie on my tummy , he says it's "squishy like jelly and so so so wobbly" much as he seems to love my tummy I don';t! we have a family wedding in september where i want to confidently wear a dress, and... we plan to go on holidays in the summer and i'd just LOVE to be condifent in a bikini! a big ask i know but fingers crossed i'll do it!!
  • mscny
    mscny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm new to the forum, but I'm excited to be here!!
    Height : 5'7"
    HW: 228
    CW: 209
    GW:170
    UGW: 160
    Married: engaged to be wed in 4 months :)
    Children: Yes! 

Diet Plan: 
    I have been following Atkins since the day after thanksgiving and have had great success! I cheated during Christmas and gratefully I did not gain but I'm finally back on track!  

Weakness: The 3 Deadly C's lol (Cake, Cookies, Candy) Bread, and Pasta.
  • mcneilnomore
    mcneilnomore Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am so excited to see a low carb group on this board. I joined mfp last week and wasn't sure it would work for me since I am low carb but I've lost 8 lbs in my first week of induction while using mfp so I'm going to guess it's working. :) I started Atkins Induction last week and feel excellent. The first four days were BRUTAL but I've gotten over the hump and feel really positive about my future. Can't wait to get to know you all. :

Height: 5'8"
    Highest Weight: 298
    Current Weight: 272
    Goal Weight: 150 and a normal BMI
    Location-Tucson, AZ
    I am married with one child, a boy, who is 10 years old.
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    HW: 206
    CW: 183.5
    UGW: ?
    Location- Northern Kentucky - USA
    One Teenager
    Divorced <-- Long time ago

Diet Plan- Induction phasing it. Under 20 carbs a day, under 30 sugar alcohols, and trying to get OVER 100 protein each day. Slender Soy is my favorite go to when I want to eat for the wrong reasons... :)

Weakness
    Social Eating....
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Its so great to have so many of you join the group. We are almost 600 strong! Strength in numbers :o) we can ALL do this!!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am super new to low carb so excuse the silly questions

Height: 5'0"
    HW: Now 184
    CW: 184
    GW: 130
    UGW: To get my PCOS under control and be happy and in a size 12
    Location- Manningtree, Essex UK
    2 children (Jacob 13 and Elizabeth 9)
    Married to Joe for 10.5 years :-).

Diet Plan-I am just starting out but I want to stay under 40g of carbs a day.

doing the 30ds at the mo but will add more to it!

Super weakness
    Bread!
  • MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'1"
    HW: ?
    CW: 187
    GW: 135
    UGW: ?
    Location- Houston, TX
    No children
    Single and Looking

Trying to do the Atkins but bread is my weakness. Sometimes i get a sweet craving too. I just want to get to a healthy weight and get my diabetes under control to where i wont have to take insulin anymore.
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 280
    CW: 277.6
    GW: 200
    UGW: 150
    Location- Luling, LA (outside New Orleans)
    No children and trying to conceive (I have PCOS)
    Married 2 months ago

I started late December.. in the habit of logging, I started walking and I have a fitbit.. I think its a good start. I hope I don't get bored..
  • Lee6Lee
    Options
    Hello. What a great group. I'm looking forward to changing my eating habits, which include habitually eating lots of carbs. More fish, chicken and vegetables for me. And only some pure carbs once a day in low quantities. That's my goal.
  • Camara1572
    Options
    Height: 5'1"
    HW: 150
    CW: 125
    GW: Under 110
    UGW: 105 (healthy BMI)
    Location- Howell, NJ
    2 Children
    Married to an awesome Husband (sometimes lol)

I was on the Atkins diet in September then went completely off. I had oringally lost 30lbs. gained 7 back and recently lost 2. I am under 25 carbs as of now. I am looking to loose a quick 10 than increasing my carbs by 5 every week. I would love to be my UGW by June. But I'll be good with September.. lol
    Good luck to everyone. :)