Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 225
    CW: 192
    GW: 145
    Location- Onaway, Michigan
    Sex: F
    Children: Braeden Tanner Scott 3 1/2; Rease Elizabeth Allen 3 <3
    Married: Will be married to my wonderful husband Michael 5 years this Sept 22nd <3

I focus on low carb eating - Under 30 grams a day and exercise

My weaknesses are: Anything sweet!! Go figure!

My strengths are: Dedication, and my family!

I am only on day 3, i have done this before and lost 20 pounds. I am looking to hopefully stay in this eating pattern, or at leat get to my goal weigth then maintain with healthier eating styles. I would love to have some friends do the same thing as i am so we could help each other get through this and get to the weight we want. Feel free to add me, for i would love some more support!! Thanks ahead of time!! :)
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4
    HW: 183
    CW: 163
    GW: 135
    UGW: 130
    Sex: female
    1 husband
    2 inherited grown children
    4 grandkids
    1 fur child

I'm just so much happier eating low carb. I lose all those cravings for sweets and starches, and I do lose weight. Since menopause, though it's a struggle. I have to restrict calories too or I gain weight. I am not as active now due to a broken ankle, so it's even worse!
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    HW: 197
    CW: 186
    GW: 145
    Location- Central Valley of CA, USA
    2 Children (College freshman and High School freshman)
    Married almost 26 yrs

Diet Plan- Trying to stay under 60 net carbs/ day. Used Protien Power 12 yrs ago (limited to 30 net carbs/day) and it was wonderful. Exercise is key for me, and I haven't been getting it due to work/kid schedule until last weeks work hour change. Hoping to see a difference fairly soon with the closer watching of carbs and exercise (shooting for at least 60 min 3x/wk

Super weakness
    baked goods, chips, hot fudge brownie sundaes, just about any carb out there!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Wowwwww!! Group is at over 1000 members now!!

Hello & welcome to all newbies :o)

I have been MIA for several weeks from this group (and, tbh the low carb lifestyle) following a pretty major surgery. But, as of monday I'll be right back here posting away.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Me:

HW: 172
    GW: 140
    UGW: 135
    Location- Raleigh, NC
    Daughter - 24
    Live with BF of 8 years

Diet Plan- Somersize. I don't count carbs, but I do focus on eating mostly good protein with lots of veggies and a little fruit each day. On this plan, I could have a carb breakfast such as oatmeal or yogurt, but I can't mix it with any kind of fat. I usually only have a carb breakfast once a week (if at all) because any more than that and I will slow down my weight loss efforts. Veggies have carbs, but can be eaten anytime... with carbs or with fats. I just can't eat starchy veggies like potatoes and veggies high in sugar (like carrots) are not encouraged. I have been on Atkins in the past and the plans are very similar but I don't need to count the carbs in foods that are high in fat but have some carb content (like cheese). I am trying to eat more organic as the budget allows... I have a gluten allergy, so I don't eat anything with flour and very limited amounts of processed food, so going back to a low carb diet makes a lot of sense for me.

I walk for at least an hour most days and am trying to get back into running...

I miss potatoes in all forms!
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Me:

Height: 5'9"
    HW: 375
    CW: 345
    GW: Under 200
    UGW: 179 (healthy BMI)
    Location- Mission, KS (Kansas City metro)
    No children
    Not married

Diet Plan- Kick-starting with Atkins so on Day 1 of induction today. I have had success with a lower carb diet in the past - so hoping that Atkins can be doable and lower carb as a lifestyle choice long term. Once I get past induction, I'll add workouts 3 days a week - mostly cardio for now - once summer starts, I'll add in swimming (which has resistance as well as cardio).

Super weakness
    I like to cook and feed people - so I suspect that this will be my challenge - desire to cook and try out recipes but not being able to eat them for awhile.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    H: 5'4"
    HW: 186???
    CW:179
    GW:150
    UGW:145-150
    Married 42 years--no kids just cats and a horse

Have yo-yoed from 160-here every year. Lose it every spring, gain it every winter. On time I did get to 150 was on Atkins, hard core through all the steps aboout three years ago. Am so mad at myself.

Now on day 11 of induction, have lost 7 pounds. Am doing 30DS, walking and wogging and just warned the mare that we were going to start regular riding again (maybe telling her was a bad idea since this may involve chasing the horse around the pasture in the exercise routine).
    I also have been doing Tai Chi for years, want to start Zumba. I feel great, will fell better when those stupid pounds are gone!!!
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    Low Carb BUNUELOS
    (Tastes like Cinnamon Twists at Taco Bell)

1 oz pork rinds
    1 packet of Splenda
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp. butter (melted)

Melt the butter in microwave and add the splenda & cinnamon. Drizzle over pork rinds. You can even pop the whole thing in the microwave for a warm treat!
    Add more cinnamon or splenda if you like. If you let them cool for a while the mixture sort of hardens on them! Yum!

OMG i think I'm goin to kiss you!! LOL

That sounds sooooooooooooo good!! Im making these this weekend, and putting them in a bag, and will use for "chips" hahahaha Num Num Num!!!
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    This is my Intro or My Re-Intro i dont remember anyway......

Everyone/Anyone may add me as a friend, I accept everyone who asks! :happy:
    My profile has all of my nitty gritty low carb information....

as a summary.. in 2004 I made the decision at a whopping 240lb s to go on atkins, and lost the weight!! 5yrs later, I did just that, and dropped down to 135lbs.... by following the Atkins Program... (profile will explain more)

To date, due to life stress (a nasty/ugly ... divorce/custody battle)........ I've put back on 25lbs.... I tried to do the low fat/low cal crap, and I havent lost anything... in over a year!!.... so its BACK to Low Carb.

FOR ME staying to long on low carb, my body beccomes immune, i guess you could say... so I took a year or more of yo-yo'ing, then got more serious with the gym/low cal/ low fat... I still sit here at the same damn weight, and I am very frustrated.

SO it is back on Atkins for me, and get this 25-30lbs OFF of me!!!

I want to "Run my way back to GOAL!"

Height : 5 ft 3"
    HW: 240
    CW: 169
    GW:140
    UGW: 130
    Sex: Female
    Married: DIVORCED!!!!
    Children: Yes 4 of them critters!! lol (age ranges 18-8)

Diet Plan: Atkins! less than 20g a day.

My Weakness is: Cookies!
  • LillyMosley
    LillyMosley Posts: 166
    Options
    HW: 75kg
    CW: 66kg
    GW: 58 to 60kg

Location- South Island - New Zealand
    2 daughters, 21 and 16
    Married: yes, second time, first was for 17 years, now been married 6.5 years

Diet Plan- Sort of doing my own thing, mixture phase 2 Atkins and Beyond diet. Try to stay under 80g carbs per day
    Super weakness---- When I am strong, I am very very strong, but once weak, I am very weak. I need to keep the weight off this time.
    Strengths - I'm pretty kind, and a good listener. I think I am a good mother and wife and also good at my job. But that is a judgement thing :)
  • bobthesmogs
    bobthesmogs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    HW: 83kg
    CW: 77.6KG
    GW: 63KG
    UGW:59KG

Three wonderful children plus one beautiful daughter in-law, and a beautiful, sweet dog.

Diet Plan: The Harcombe Diet
    Not as low carb as Atkins, but easy to follow. Around 60-70 carbs a day (so prob 50-60 net). Pretty much all natural foods allowed, but you can't eat fats/proteins with high carb foods. Plenty of veggies and a little fruit which can be eaten with anything.

My weaknesses: Hmmm, never sticking at things till the end.

My strengths: Am capable of lots, huge untapped potential lol .... so this time I'M GOING TO DO IT!
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    HW: 160 lbs
    CW: 144 lbs
    GW: 120 lbs
    UGW: 115 lbs

Diet Plan: Atkins Diet
    Just started Induction this morning. Will weigh in a week from today.

My weaknesses: um... CARBS?! Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream and anything with white flour in it.

My strengths: Getting an idea and running with it and not letting anything get in my way!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    HW: 435
    CW: 334.8 lbs.
    GW: 199.99999 lbs.
    UGW: 175 lbs.
    Diet Plan: My plan is to get my blood sugar down so I do not have to take medicine to do that. So low sugar >40 and low carbs >120 a day
    My weaknesses: Lack of exercise and my ability to eat massive quantities of food. Ben & Jerry's Phish Food (I have been to the factory in VT.)
    My strengths: I can be a real stubborn son of a gun, which should help me do this and quit smoking.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Height: 5'6.5
    HW: 194
    CW: 178

Diet Plan: Jorge Cruise 15/6 plan (120 g carbs and 15 g sugar)
    My weaknesses: Anything chocolate, vodka and diet squirt
    My strengths: I know what I want to achieve and I'm making this a life change, not a diet.
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5
    HW: 170
    GW: 125 - 130

Married: celebrating our 5 yr. anniversary this year - which is one of the reasons I want to get back to my previous weight.

Children: No, but two cats and a dog, which keep us running around. :)

Diet Plan: a modified Atkins/Paleo diet. 85% compliant (I just started a little over a week ago)

My weaknesses: ice cream, more ice cream, and chocolate chip cookies!

My strengths: I am determined to regain control.
  • runninglucy
    runninglucy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello:
    My name is Lucy.
    HW: 223
    CW: 193
    GW: 143
    Child: 2
    Married (Happily)

I aim to eat 30 grams of carbs or less each day. Trying to lose at least another 30 to 40 lbs with ultimate goal to lose 50 more. I am working out and run/walking in races to get fit. I ran/walked 2 half-marathons in 2011 and will run the Atlanta Color Run the first week in April (5K). Then another run hopefully at the end of April. We are still deciding on whether we want to do another half this year or stick with 5 and 10Ks.
  • alimarieban
    alimarieban Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi!
    Height 5'1"
    Starting weight: 169
    Current Weight 166
    Goal weight:120 but would love to hit 118
    Been on Induction for three days. I am a bit confused on which carb counts to use. The MFP carb/fiber counts and net carbs are much different sometimes than my Atkins book. Have any of you run into this problem? Do you use Atkins numbers or MFP numbers?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)
  • slainnz
    slainnz Posts: 75
    Options
    HW: 227 Lbs
    CW: 99 lbs
    GW: 160 lbs

Diet Plan: Atkins Diet
    Just started Induction yesterday.

My weaknesses: BREAD!

Ive lost 28lbs so far but have come to a standstill so mixing things up (add me if you like)
  • dorkof82
    dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've been doing induction for about 3 months but just stepped it up with the exercise and added low calorie to my changes as well.
    i'm a single mom of an almost 6 yr old from California, and its about time i got this damn weight off. Anyone feel free to add me, i would love to have more low carb/ like minded people on my friends list.

HW: 272
    CW: 247
    height: 5'7
  • Vicky_allum
    Options
    Hiya all I've done Atkins a few times and had some good results so I'm starting on the induction stage again. I would love to have some low carb buddies so feel free to add me.

Height: 5' 4"
    HW: 168
    CW: 149.5
    GW: 126
    Location- Cornwall, UK
    Children- Twins age 10 and a 5 year old (all girls!)
    Not married but have a partner of 7 years :)

Weaknesses: Cadbury fruit and nut, Cheese and Onion Pasties and bread!
    Atkins Induction Phrase: 20g carbs a day