Graduation Announcements!

Replies

• yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Finished c25k tonight!!!! I thought there were 3 days to week 9 like every other week has been. I never looked ahead to see what was coming next. When I opened the app it was the last day! So I didn't just run the time. I ran the whole distance. Took me 49 minutes. BUT IT FEELS GREAT TO HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IT!

I did it all IN MY TIME... W1D1 was 6/21/13. Sometimes I needed 2 days recovery, sometimes life got in the way for a few extra days, I took 3 weeks off in the middle per the Dr. to get a stress test and results.... The journey has been wonderful!.

Thanks to everyone on this board for their advice, encouragement, inspiration, and motivation! I couldn't have done it without you ALL! :flowerforyou:

So proud of you! I know you were frustrated when the Dr halted your running but it was worth it - look at you now! :)
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Darn. That's a whole team of people! You could do a relay marathon together! Congrats and remember the 10k group is open to all.

I'll be joining in with the 10k group in a few weeks once I get past my tough mudder, don't want to up my training any further only 2 weeks out.

Congrats to everyone who has just graduated, it's a heck of a good feeling :D
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    I started the program August 16. In the past, I've never ran more than a minute in my life. I've tried C25K a couple of times before, but never could get through week 2. This time, I started on a treadmill and I forced myself to do it. A lot of it was mental. I've also been doing other workouts outside of running, so I knew my body was starting to get in shape. I just had to convince my mind that my body could do it. I ended up repeating 1 workout near the beginning, and I was so bummed about having to repeat it that I forced myself to plow through the program no matter what.

I DID IT! My previous best was 2.25 miles in 32 minutes. Tonight, I wanted to go for it and see what I could do.

Neighborhood run. Slightly hilly but nothing obnoxious.

3.1 miles in 41 minutes 26 seconds!

Not only did I beat my best distance, but I beat my best time as well! I was sprinting at the end I was so ecstatic!

My first official 5K is in less than two weeks, so I plan on keeping up with the runs.

Man, it feels good. I RAN 5K!!!! :D
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    I started C25k for the second time this summer on July 23rd. I started on a track thinking this would be better for my legs and shin splints. Last week I had to take a week off as I twisted my knee and running wasn't going to happen. After a week off I went out there and gave it my all to finish the program. Normally I was doing 3k in 30 min. I just kept going with the determination of finishing the program doing 5km. This morning I am so proud to announce that I finished the program and ran myn5km in 46:55min!!!
    I am now a runner!!!
    Up next I am going to work on 10km and speed intervals
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    I am a new graduate did my last run today and did 5k in 38:31. I am now going to do 1 5k a week, 1 interval training run and 1 slightly longer building my distance until I get to 10k.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Well done everyone! :)
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Congratulations to all the new graduates!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Some real successes on here! Congrats to our new grads!
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Yippee!!! So excited to be able to post here!!!

I am running a 5K next Sunday (10/27/13), so since finishing Week 8 about 2 weeks ago, I've been trying to do 30 minute runs. Yesterday, I knew I had to increase my time and mileage since I only have a few more runs before the race. Knowing I needed to get more distance in (I'm not a 10 minute mile girl - yet - more like 12), I changed my endomondo workout to miles - and set it for 3.

My goal for the 5k is to do it in under 45 minutes. I figured this was very achievable for me considering this is my first running 5k. Although my last few runs I've been doing a 12 minute mile, by the second mile I'm exhausted. So this time I slowed it down. I still had to walk a few times - and stop to cross the street, but I did it!

Mile 1 - 13:21
    Mile 2 - 13:41
    Mile 3 - 14:00

Total distance - 3.15 miles
    Total time - 43:11

I should be able to get a few more runs in before the race - so I'm looking forward to pacing myself a little better and hopefully not walking as much. But I couldn't be more proud!
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    I guess I am ready to post in here....I finished week 8 last week and instead of going on to week 9 I decided I would do three runs to 5k instead. Well I finished the last run, averaging about 40 mins .

My goal at this point is to start doing some outside runs and improve my times considerably. I have a friend at the same age as me who is running about 30 min 5k's and I figure that's my goal.

I will be checking in here often. I still can hardly believe I am at this point, and it still feels when I start as though I will never make it to 5k but I do !! The first mile ALWAYS sucks, and it still takes me to 1.5 miles to find my 'groove' but once I do its so awesome.
  • likitisplit
    I guess I am ready to post in here....I finished week 8 last week and instead of going on to week 9 I decided I would do three runs to 5k instead. Well I finished the last run, averaging about 40 mins .

My goal at this point is to start doing some outside runs and improve my times considerably. I have a friend at the same age as me who is running about 30 min 5k's and I figure that's my goal.

I will be checking in here often. I still can hardly believe I am at this point, and it still feels when I start as though I will never make it to 5k but I do !! The first mile ALWAYS sucks, and it still takes me to 1.5 miles to find my 'groove' but once I do its so awesome.

Great job!!! The first mile sucks for everybody - even the Kenyans.
  • dhvozza
    dhvozza Posts: 26 Member
    Finished the program tonight! I only got 2.7 miles in the 30 mins time but I can run the entire 5K. Not sure if I am going to try the 5K improver next or the bridge to 10K. I am leaning towards trying the 5K improver. First 5K race is in 3 weeks! Excited :happy:
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Finished the program tonight! I only got 2.7 miles in the 30 mins time but I can run the entire 5K. Not sure if I am going to try the 5K improver next or the bridge to 10K. I am leaning towards trying the 5K improver. First 5K race is in 3 weeks! Excited :happy:

That is still a great time and SO close to the 3.1 miles needed to finish the 5K! :flowerforyou: Congrats! Good luck w your 5K and whatever training plan you start next.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Completed c25k in a month.
    Graduated on 25 September 2013.!!
  • likitisplit

You will do great in your race. The running fairies sprinkle the course with magic dust
  • likitisplit

Congratulations! What are your plans now?
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member

Congratulations! What are your plans now?

Well stick to this and lose weight and then go further. InshAllah :smile:
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Well, thanks to a vacation, a move, family illness, 2 weeks of terrible weather and having to repeat some days, it took us 13 weeks instead of 9, but my 15yo son and I FINALLY finished Couch to 5K today! We are very proud of ourselves :D
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Wow! I've missed a lot of graduations! Congrats all, you're amazing! Woo hoo!!!!
  • likitisplit
    Well, thanks to a vacation, a move, family illness, 2 weeks of terrible weather and having to repeat some days, it took us 13 weeks instead of 9, but my 15yo son and I FINALLY finished Couch to 5K today! We are very proud of ourselves :D

Great job! Any plans for a race?