Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've just graduated :) Feels fantastic!
    I graduated tonight! So proud of myself! Onto the 10k trainer I go! :)

Congratulations ladies :-)
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just graduated this morning!! I timed myself with runtastic, and I clocked in at 39:13. Not too shabby!! I'm looking forward to moving onto 10k. Hopefully, I can get my time under 35 minutes for my 6k race on July 27th!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody! Just keep running!!!
  • mom2tripsn2
    mom2tripsn2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate too!! Officially now (even though I did my first 5K on June 1st), I completed W8D3 on Saturday and moved right on to W9D1 on Sunday...onward and upward on my way to the 10K!! I can't believe it...3 months ago I was 30 lbs heavier and wouldn't have been able to run a mile if my life depended on it...Sunday I did almost 4.5...just amazing :bigsmile: Such a great, great feeling...congrats all fellow grads!!!
  • maryetamfp
    maryetamfp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Another graduate here, completed my first official 5k race yesterday and in 33 mins!! So proud, 2 months ago I honestly could not run 30 seconds in a row!

Some pics here for you to see my happiness face :P

GEaYpabl.jpg

qNlbPSKl.jpg
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Officially graduated this morning! Now I just have to figure out if I wanna take it to the track for some Sprint work or try B210K. My first 5k isn't till early October so I have time to work on stuff.
  • adeo1234
    adeo1234 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5k on Sunday and in 32 mins. So so happy. Thank you all for your help. Onto the Bridge to 10k app now.
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was able to run 3.2 miles in 30min 14sec today. I have to admit that I only went to about week 4 of the program and got impatient. Once I realized that I could run for an extended period of time if I learned to pace myself, I just wanted to see how far I could go without stopping. I did 1.25 miles the first time I tried. 2 miles the second time, and then I did 1.75 miles half of which was uphill. So, today I found a place where I could run for 5K which was relatively flat. Now my plan is to keep doing 5K runs and hill training. I registered for a 5K in August, and my goal is for it to be fun and easy.
  • nehmon
    nehmon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

i never posted in this group before.
    So here I go, my name is Nohmen. I never been into running before. I was even someone who was wondering why do people run anyway, always told myself, i'm not a runner so why carry.
    After i cancelled my Membership at the Gym, i was like. Hmm so what to do now. I decided to start running. Question was, what should a newbie like me do to achieve that goal.
    I did my search and found C25K, sounded like a plan I can stick with and follow. I wanted to prove myself wrong and that I (ME) can run too.

I started C25K in April, it was an amzing journey. The 8 Weeks gone by sooo fast. Than i graduated. it was a fantastic feeling and really felt proud of myself destroying my own theory that i'm not the typ of man who runs. Today i have to say i love to run :-)
    I subscribed for 2 city runs, one was in Juin the 20th ( 6,2K and did 37:02). The next one will be in September (5K).
    The next challenge will be to start the 10K, that will be next year for sure ;-)
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    While I finished the C25K program several months ago, I consider myself "officially" graduated as of Sunday, when I did my first 5k "race" (I did the color run...so I'm putting "race" in quotes...lots of walkers, and too many people to really get a good run going!)

It blows my mind that as of January I couldn't run for much more than a minute without getting a stich in my side and wanting to quit, and on Sunday I was getting annoyed at how slow people were going!!
  • CStellaGo
    CStellaGo Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I graduated this morning :) When I first started this program I didn't think I would actually follow through and finish it! On week 4 was the hardest for me. On week 5 I about feel over when I realized it was going to be my first 20 minute run- I didn't feel ready! Unfortunately I had a gallbladder attach the night before W5D3 and ended up out of the running routine for a whole month. I picked back up with W5D1 and had to repeat week 5 again until I was conditioned again after surgery to get back to the training. As week 6 and 7 approached I no longer felt I wouldn't make it. I felt that I OWED it to myself to pick up the journey and to continue and to FINISH! I didn't make a full 5K in the aloted 30 minutes on W8D3 but I knew where 3.1 miles was so I just pushed myself further and finished the entire 5K in 37.17 minutes. Not the best I know but not the worst and it's my time and no one can take that away from me :). My first 5K race i son July 26th and I am hoping to finish in 35 minutes. I plan on working on my time for a while and then going on to 10K traning.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I graduated this morning :) When I first started this program I didn't think I would actually follow through and finish it! On week 4 was the hardest for me. On week 5 I about feel over when I realized it was going to be my first 20 minute run- I didn't feel ready! Unfortunately I had a gallbladder attach the night before W5D3 and ended up out of the running routine for a whole month. I picked back up with W5D1 and had to repeat week 5 again until I was conditioned again after surgery to get back to the training. As week 6 and 7 approached I no longer felt I wouldn't make it. I felt that I OWED it to myself to pick up the journey and to continue and to FINISH! I didn't make a full 5K in the aloted 30 minutes on W8D3 but I knew where 3.1 miles was so I just pushed myself further and finished the entire 5K in 37.17 minutes. Not the best I know but not the worst and it's my time and no one can take that away from me :). My first 5K race i son July 26th and I am hoping to finish in 35 minutes. I plan on working on my time for a while and then going on to 10K traning.

That's awesome! I also had gall bladder surgery in the middle of my C25k training, came back stronger than ever!
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I graduated on Friday! On Saturday, I went for a run with a friend for the first time. I only made it a little over a mile because it was hot and humid and I'm not used to running outside (the air quality here does not agree with my asthma), but I'm going to get better at it. We're trying to figure out a nice, easy, small 5k to do for my first race. After that, we're going to sign up for the Walk/Run to End HIV in late October (when it will have cooled off, I hope!). I'm planning to continue running 30 minutes +/- 5 or so for about a month and see how that goes. I can't do 5k in 30 minutes, but I should be able to manage it in under 40!
  • newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I graduated tonight, and I'm battling a cold. I probably looked ridiculous blowing my nose as I ran, but I did it. I only went 4.2km in the allotted time (warmup and cool down included), but my pace was a bit slower since I'm sick. My next goal is to work on my speed (I'd like to get to 30 minutes eventually), and I need to sign up for a race!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I graduated this morning!!!!!! I did a full 5K this morning in just over 35 minutes!!!!! I did it!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I graduated today! I decided to keep going after the 30 minutes and do a full 5k - about 42 minutes for me. So proud that I can actually do this!!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all new graduates!
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Few more weeks until I get there, but you're all pretty damn fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    C25k completed today, finished up with going longer today to get a 5km done in 32min24sec. Given that I started 8 weeks struggling to keep going for 5 mins, what a result. It truly is mind over matter! Now onto the zenlabs bridge programme to get to 10k and improve my 5k speed.
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well done - hope you're proud of your acievement! Superb stuff.