Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Welp, I did it! The app wanted me to run 3 miles in 30 minutes. So I ran for 30 minutes then did the math and I ran 3.0028 miles!!! That's a 10 minute mile!!! I am 52 years old and literally started from the couch! I can't believe I did it!!! Congratulations to all the grads!!!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, we'll done you, most people do not get to complete the distance but do the time. I am genuinely pleased for your success
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I finished!!!

...that said, I'm not done. I'd like to redo this past "week" (W9) since I was actually sick for a week and took too many days off, but I'm proud of getting through it. I used to huff and puff at the 2-minute segments. :)
  • laurennichole529
    laurennichole529 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did it!! Ran 3.25 miles today. My pace was incredibly slow (it took about 45 minutes) I'm still proud of myself! I can't believe I was able to run for more than 3 miles without stopping, and took on some pretty major hills along the way!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Well done to you both for completing your goal. Fantastic effort :smile:
  • Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did it! Just finished my "graduation" run! It took close to 40 minutes but I ran the whole time. I never thought I'd enjoy running as much as I do :) Keep it up everyone :)
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Well done and congratulations for going until you finished 5k. Hope you are celebrating your success
  • maggiefraggle
    Options
    I did it too :-) had to tell someone, I'm so excited and proud to have finished the course. My time was 33:35 in my first 'race'. I came 38th! The plan now is to get that time under 30 mins :-)
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    I did it too :-) had to tell someone, I'm so excited and proud to have finished the course. My time was 33:35 in my first 'race'. I came 38th! The plan now is to get that time under 30 mins :-)

Fantastic, well done you. I'm so glad that you shared it here. I hope you carry on.
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! I graduated last week with a 28.36 time. So pleased that I've gone straight onto 10 k!
    I was the least likely person to run before and now I love it! Thanks for all of your support.
  • FutureMrs0515
    FutureMrs0515 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Graduated today!!! With my best pace and distance! Woohooo. First 5K is Saturday!
  • cookiegy
    Options
    Fantastic! Superb news. Hope you have a great time on Saturday (literally :)
  • FutureMrs0515
    FutureMrs0515 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First 5K was crazy - so many people (it was the Color Run)! But we finished in 33 minutes! 1:15 faster than my normal pace! Woohooo!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Well done and in a fun run too!!
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I finally get to add my name here!!! Woohoo, finished my graduation run Friday morning. Got up at the crack of crow pee so I used to cool weather to my advantage and threw on my shoes. It was sprinkling rain when I left and half way through my run it just started pouring LOL Had to keep wiping away the rain to be able to see, but soooooo refreshing!! Ready to try moving on to the 10k app but wondered to those who have moved on, did you start the program at day 1 or part way through it?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I finally get to add my name here!!! Woohoo, finished my graduation run Friday morning. Got up at the crack of crow pee so I used to cool weather to my advantage and threw on my shoes. It was sprinkling rain when I left and half way through my run it just started pouring LOL Had to keep wiping away the rain to be able to see, but soooooo refreshing!! Ready to try moving on to the 10k app but wondered to those who have moved on, did you start the program at day 1 or part way through it?

Congrats!

I used the 5 to 10k part of the RunDouble c25k app. It starts off where the c25k ends. If you are using a c210k app, probably start somewhere in the middle.
  • cookiegy
    Options

Fantastic news! Really pleased for you. I started with the 5 to 10 k on week 1. But this was a bridge app (rundouble) which carried on where the 5k left of.

Great job everybody!
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well third time lucky! I had to stop twice due to injuries - the first took so long I had to start again from week 1, but with the second I was able to pick up where I left off - but I graduated today!!!

I never ever thought I would enjoy running, but actually through learning to pace myself and start with what feels like wayyyy too slow and wayyyy too easy I can make it through a 30 minute run without feeling as if I am going to die.

I'm not sure where I'm going to go next - I'd like to keep pushing myself and keep adding a couple of minutes to my runs each week to make the distance, but unfortunately I can only run before uni and as the mornings are getting darker I don't have the luxury of any more than 30 minutes to play with at the moment.

I think I'm going to keep running for 30 mins, maintain the base of fitness and endurance I've built and hopefully get a little faster. Then when life is a little less intense and I have more time to dedicate to it I'll start a bridging programme.

Got a weekly 5K parkrun on my doorstep so going to sign up for my first soon. Eeek! Exciting stuff :D
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Proud moment for sure! Best of luck with your 5k, they are amazing!!
  • sambo155
    Options
    I did it! Started C25K in July and ran my first 5k Sept 27! My time was 47 min, I think. Not great but I'm so happy I was able to do it at all. Six months ago, if someone had told me I'd be running a 5k in 6 months, I would've thought they were out of their mind. Now I'm getting ready for the next one on 10/18. And my 7 yr old wants to do it with me this time, too! :)

For the record, I'm 44, 5'2", 195lbs and have never exercised before. I didn't lose any weight on the plan but I think I've figured out what I need to change to fix that. My point is, if I can do it, ANYONE CAN! Sometimes the hardest part was just walking out the door.