Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'll finally call myself graduated! Yay! Started 12 weeks ago (2nd week in August), had to repeat a couple of weeks. I've even repeated the last week to make sure I'm really there. But I've now run 30 minutes in a row 3 times, so I think that counts! Yay!

I used the 5k101 podcast from runningmate.com rather than the traditional C25K program, and really enjoyed the week 8 podcast.

My first 5K is the second Saturday in November. My plan until then is to continue running 30 minutes but maybe to add a minute each time. That should get me pretty close to 40 minutes by race day which should also get me pretty close to 5K in those 40 minutes.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Late announcement, put I graduated by running a 5K on 10/18/14. Now continuing with 10K training.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
  • MamaGab92
    MamaGab92 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I finally graduated by running the final run yesterday (10/28/14)! I started in March 2014 and had a knee injury and lots and lots of repeats over the summer, but I never stopped. I have finally made it to where I can run for 35 minutes. I'm still really slow and not quite able to run the entire 5K yet, but I plan to keep on running!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Completed c25k today and graduated with a time under 42 minutes. I'm still very slow, but I'll be running my first 5k on Saturday and hopefully that will push me to run faster.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I finally graduated! It took 14 weeks and 4 days, but I did it! I finished on October 30, 2014. I'll be running my 5th 5K on Nov. 19th (I couldn't wait). I'm starting Runkeeper's 10K training app on November 4th. I'm looking forward to logging longer runs :).
  • moulesmariner
    moulesmariner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Graduated on the 25th Oct, Ran in the Great South Run 5Km, Portsmouth, UK made a PB 28:35.... have kept up the tempo and now gunning for 10km...

keep up the hard work all.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I did my first B210k run today so I assume I graduated! I was planning to do a race last weekend, but had to cancel for personal reasons. Instead I kept running 5k this week and finally decided to move on today!
  • BRich_15
    BRich_15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone. I'm reading your posts to inspire me to get through the programme. I've just finished week 2 and looking forward to week 3. I hope to get my name on here some day.
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Graduated yesterday! First 5K race is tomorrow -- woohoo!
  • dawnmj1121
    dawnmj1121 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did it!! Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 5K done and ran the entire thing!!
  • bexable
    bexable Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I finished couch to 5k Tuesday (the final 35 minute day), but I wasn't quite at the 5k distance, so today I ran for 40 minutes and made it the full 5k! Now I plan to work on improving my pace for a bit and then move on to bridge to 10k. :)
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the graduates! Well done, you've worked hard. Keep increasing distance and speed should come.
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Ran my last official day of c25k on Christmas! So excited. My first race is on Jan 10th so for now I am working on adding distance as opposed to time. Finished 2.5 miles in 35 minutes the other day.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Domino232
    Domino232 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo! Literally just finished my graduation run today!

A little later then to be able to say that I completed my last years resolution, because I had an knee injury in feb and a loss in the family. So I started and stopped a lot, had to begin on the elliptical and then repeated it on a treadmill.

This years resolution is to complete the inca trail trek, so I am starting the training program for that next.

Thank you for all your posts which have motivated me to keep going.
  • GrannyCrayCray
    GrannyCrayCray Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    C25K COMPLETE! Awesome program / app without which I NEVER would have run even a quarter of a mile. Now, not only am I running consistently, I have completed a 40 minute non-stop run netting 3.91 miles. Granted this is nothing spectacular in the running world, but it is for this sedentary 50 year old mother of 8. Today I am a superstar B)
  • burkeajones
    burkeajones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just graduated today! Ran 35 minutes which equated to about 3.4 miles - YEAH!

I started 8 weeks ago, and never missed a run. It felt great today. I plan to keep running 35 minutes 3 days a week.

First 5K is March 21st. After that I would like to add one more day to my schedule, so I will be running 4 days a week. We will see how that goes.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Just finished yesterday! There is no way I'm actually finishing a 5k in 30 minutes… so I'm going to take a few weeks gradually upping my time until I can actually go the distance or at least closer to it! Then I'll move on to the 10K plan. Still checking out the possibilities for local 5k's. So looking forward to the longer days and the warmer weather so I can break off the treadmill!