Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good evening Ravenclaws!

I've been laid up with Strep throat the past couple days and am feeling a bit like a slug. I was already behind at work and am really hoping that I will be well enough to get back there tomorrow, but I know I won't be able to get back to exercising until my throat is a normal size and I can breathe again. It is weird because I feel both fatigued and filled with anxious energy that I usually burn with a workout. My poor dog is feeling a bit stir crazy as well. Ugh. I hate being sick.

Congrats on the new job Korkster!
    Welcome Bairn! I used to think it was warm in AZ until I went to visit a friend there in the winter. I got off the plane in sunny Phoenix and we immediately drove to snowy Flagstaff. I had only brought shorts and tshirts so it was a cold visit :)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Arizona is an interesting state. I didn't realize it until we moved here that Arizona is the only state that has regions of every life zone know on Earth - from arid desert (where I am near Phoenix) to arctic-alpine tundra in the highest mountains. The highest mountain, which is just north of Flagstaff, is over 12,000 feet. In about 2.5 hours, you can drive from 100 degree desert to 75-80 degree mountains. In the winter, you'd go from about 60 degrees and sun in Phoenix to 30 degrees and snow in Flagstaff. I-40 through Flagstaff gets shut down frequently in the winter because of the snow. It really is an amazing state!

And to spoil the other myth about Arizona desert - we just had two straight days of soaking rain. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be sunny but then several more days of rain. So its not all heat and sun!! :glasses:
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Get better soon, karinane!

It has been wet, foggy, and terribly depressing here in NW Iowa the past three days. Two weeks ago we got 4" ofsnow dumped on us. NBD, typical Iowa weather. But this week, it's been above freezing (very uncharacteristic of Iowa in December) and rainy. It feels and looks more like March than December!!! :grumble: lol
  • Bairn77
    Options
    Disaster averted. I came home from work craving sweets and my wife surprised me with a nice healthy stir fry. It did a fantastic job of squelching the sweet tooth and the success of eating right motivated me to push myself into an intense workout.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Great Bairn! Its nice when things work out that way.

Its quiet in the common room today. I hope everyone hasn't left for the holidays. It will get lonely here! :wink:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw. HAPPY FRIDAY!!! finally here :bigsmile: . i feel like i'm starting to come down with something, looking foreward (hopefully) to a nice restful weekend after a week of not doing well either food wise or exercise wise!! to top it off, tonight is our work Christmas party. it's a dinner at a nice restaurant. we already ordered our entrees. i'm having mac and cheese with lobster. i've already calculated most of the day into my food diary, but not feeling weel so not sure about a workout.
    bairn-glad things worked out for you, nice surprise!!
    sue-i noticed the drop in posts also...i think the holiday rush is upon us!!
    hope everyone has a great friday heading into a great weekend.
  • karinane
    Options
    Happy Friday Ravenclaw! It does seem a bit quiet in here lately. I guess the Holidays are kicking into gear. My strep throat seems to be getting better, but now I have other medical issues developing. This has been a medically challenging year for me and I am just thankful to have health insurance for the first time in years.

I don't think I can get fully back into my exercise routine, but I'm hoping that I can at least get my dog out for a walk today. I can feel my newly formed muscles turning to mush. I made a whole bunch of Christmas cookies for gifts last night and I am looking for the inner will power to not eat them. So far I have only had one.

Thanks for the well wishes, blackhawkgirl!
    psb13- I hope you feel better. Lobster and mac& cheese sounds great!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Busy, busy, busy. It seems like weeks between when I get a chance to check in. I really need to start making it a nightly habit like I did before. Sorry to hear you're still having some health issues karinane - feel better soon!

Going bowling in a minute with my work group, and I'm hoping the movement will inspire me to get more activity in this weekend, but between shopping and wrapping and errands and work and everything else, I haven't done much. Feels like excuses, though, so maybe I'll work some time in tonight after work if nothing else.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    And now.... This week's results!!

Samiwhereareyou takes top honors for weight loss - 4 pounds down and 2.55%!! Wow! Great job!!
    cherubcrnp and psb13 earned the most OWLs with 12 each. Nice work!

Congrats to all, by the way! :)
  • blackhawkgirl91
    Options
    IT'S FRIDAY!!!!:drinker: got checked out of the dorm room this afternoon, so I am now officially on break!

I'll be around MFP a lot--nothing keeping me away :wink:
  • Bairn77
    Options
    IT'S FRIDAY!!!!:drinker: got checked out of the dorm room this afternoon, so I am now officially on break!

I'll be around MFP a lot--nothing keeping me away :wink:

I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by. Hope you have a nice break.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    No logging for me today. We had our Christmas party at work with lots of food and wine :drinker: Even though I didn't go overboard like I would have done in the past, I still definitely overate. I don't like that overly-full belly feeling any more. :sick: Anyway, I don't know how to even begin logging, so I'll just pick it up again tomorrow!

Hope you all have a wonderful night!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Wake up sleepy-heads! Welcome to Saturday! :bigsmile:
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!

Sorry I've been MIA these past couple of days. Between finals, wrapping things up at my old job, and getting sick, I've been too exhausted to do much else. Unfortunately, in shows with low OWLs.

Exercise- 180
    OWL be within 100- 0
    OWL spirit- 4
    OWL exercise meet goal- 2

My current weight is 319.6, so I've lost, but am wondering how well I'll keep it off with all the goodbye lunches next week. Peoples first idea of comfort is food. No wonder we're fat. ;)

Off to zumba. Have a good one!
  • blackhawkgirl91
    Options
    Happy Saturday, everyone! :drinker:

checking in....
    Weight: 274(-1) finally on the other side of 275 :glasses:
    Owls: 4
    House points: 125 (could have been better, but glad its not worse, lol)
  • karinane
    Options
    Today is a bust, and Christmas cookies are my downfall. I can't wait to give them all away. After today's cookie binge and a week of being too sick to exercise I'm afraid to weigh in tomorrow, Oh well. I suppose one step back is still about a mile from where I started.

korkster - Good luck with finals and I hope you are feeling better
    blackhawkgirl- congrats on breaking the 275 barrier!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    Had a nice evening at the work dinner yesterday but haven't been feeling great the past few days. It finally hit me this morning. Sore throat, achey, feverish, no voice. Not logging or working out. Hopefully over it soon.
  • Bairn77
    Options
    Today was a strange day and I hope it does not wreck to much havoc on my weigh in tomorrow. I hope everyone who is sick gets feeling well soon. Christmas is a miserable time to be sick.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was recommended to come here since I am (obviously) a pretty big HP fan. Excited to start with you all :)
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Am just keeping last weeks weigh as I didn't weigh myself though I am worried that I have lost weight because I have been unable to really eat anything lately due to feeling nauseous, didn't keep track of OWLS and have roughly 1400 House Points.