Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Got my walk/jog in! Only 17 minutes, but it boosted my steps by 2,000. So I'm happy there.

Quick question on the excel sheet. Looks like March has another week... so where do we post our stuff for this week? Also, when do we need to post our goal weight for April?

Thanks!

This week for March will just be for intra-house challenges, not the regular weigh-ins. Check back a page and you'll see a post on it that explains it a little more in detail - but good question! We're just going to post weights in the common room so that we can whip up a quick EOM comparison from your March goal.

Oh, and you're welcome to start posting your EOM April goal any time you like. Might be easier to see how your weight shakes out for the end of March, but that's up to you. I would suggest maybe during the next weekend? :)

I might suggest waiting until we post our April start weights to post our April goal weights on the spreadsheet. If we post them now, we will throw off the end of March numbers before Lottee or Kelly get to make note of them. Posting them here in the common room would be ok though!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    So today was not a very good day. I was at a paper mill for most of the day doing an inspection so I didn't get to eat lunch til nearly 4. By that time I was starving and didn't really care what I ate. We didn't have time to stop and eat somewhere so we ended up going to a gas station. And we all know there are not any good choices there. :grumble:
    I did happen to make it to the gym when I got off though so at least I burned some of the calories. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

It sounds like tomorrow HAS to be a better day - as long as your meals come from someplace other than a gas station, it will be an improvement, right? :tongue: That is really tough - congrats for at least getting out and going to the gym!
  • srp2011
    Options
    Back on track today - under calories, and got in a really tough workout with my running group - our goal 5K is this weekend, and my coach is planning to push me (or pace me, as she would say) for a time that's about a minute lower than my best time so far - I'm kind of scared, but another part of me is saying to go for it... we'll see how I feel Saturday morning...
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    sorry I didn't check in yesterday- I was at a conference all day (actually a really good one!) and then I took the kids to the circus last night- which was a blast except for the loud bang from the clown car that scared Ava into a crying fit that I couldn't get her out of until those particular clowns left.

I feel like I'm losing my umph. Didn't work out AGAIN today. Still eating okay but my body thrives on exercise and without it- well its not a pretty sight. I know this and yet I don't get up to work out. Just need to find that kick in the a** I guess.

*** VENT TO FOLLOW****
    My husband got a gym membership- which sounds great in theory and I'm happy for him- but it also kind of pisses me off because I don't have a gym membership. I take my butt outside at 5am in the morning and run- then come home and do some Jillian Michaels. I know logically I nwouldn't really use a gym membership (I only work out when the kids are asleep and don't want to get up any earlier to add travel time into my mornings) but it still feels a bit unfair- I've been working hard for over a year (minus the whole ankle debacle) and HE gets a gym membership. Logically to accomplish his goal (gain weight/muscle) he needs a gym membership and it allows the kids to go to the play area which is more social interaction for them- especially Ava who doesn't go to preschool. I logically understand all the reasons why him getting a gym membership is a good idea, but it still feels like "what about me?"
    Okay vent over

Have a good day RAVENCLAWS
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaw!

I hope this is the right place to post- I'd love to join. Please let me know if there are things I need to do!

Have a great Wednesday! I'm heading out in the rain...
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Don't know what EOM (end of month?) but I'll wait til the week is over.

Loving the new shoes! Went to the convention center yesterday, and felt no pain in my feet. :)

Oh! BONUS! I wanted to wear jeans yesterday, but not the "bigger" ones I last bought. I dug in my closet and found a pair of jeans... size 26. I put them on and they fit! No snugness or anything! Way more stylish than the other, newer, size 32 jeans. That's 3 pant sizes, right? I was so excited! Shopping in the closet is going to be a blast!

Downside... out with friends yesterday, we ended up eating at Spaghetti Factory. Ugh! What a waste of calories! Food was okay, but I'm glad I only ate half- the calories was over 1200 for the whole plate! And 260 for a salad with vinigrette! What the what??!!

Afterwards, everyone got sick. I'm guessing food poisoning. Ate a salad for dinner and still kept under calorie goal. But no more of that place. Makes me not want to eat pasta. Ever. Again.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Yeah - EOM = End of Month :smile:

Having a good Wednesday. Something clicked on in my head this morning that if I want to lose the belly fat, I have to not graze from the candy bowls at work. I KNOW this but keep going back to them anyway :grumble: . I'm thinking up strategies to keep myself on track now and hope that is sticks this time.

Have a great day everyone!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think this is where I post that I am new... Am I right?
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to Ravenclaw, Lord Bezoar.
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible day on Tuesday. Woke up to find there was almost no food left in the house at all, and I had no time before I had to rush off to work. So breakfast ended up being drive thru McDonalds on the way to work. Because of having no food in the house, I also hadn't brought anything for lunch, so I had to buy lunch, and there aren't many healthy places to choose from in the area near where I work.

On top of that, I was working late that day, until 6pm, and picked my boyfriend up from his work on the way home, as he finished work at 7. Which meant by the time I got there and picked him up, we were both starving and so ended up eating out for dinner too.

I swear the hardest part about trying to lose weight is working full time, plus the 2 hours a day I spend commuting to work. If only I could apparate to work and back....
  • srp2011
    Options
    Welcome ahubacek and lordbezoar - you've picked a great house! I'm fairly new too. One of the Heads of House (lottee1000 and kellyisfat) will contact you with all the details.

@momofJandA - I can totally understand your frustration. It sounds like you don't really want a gym membership though - is there something in a comparable price range that would help you with your exercise goals, that hubby doesn't need? Like maybe a heart rate monitor, or garmin watch or new shoes or something? That way you would both have something you want that helps you reach your goals.

@korkster - glad your new shoes are working out! I tried mine out on a run last night and they felt great :-)
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Is there where I post that I would like to join in? I need something to kick start me on my weight loss again and this could be it. :)
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Wow, welcome to ahubacek, LordBezoar, and hollyg123! It's awesome to see so many new housemates joining in one day!

I just sent each of you a message with information on how to get started and how the weekly weigh-ins work. It seems like a lot at first, so if you have any questions, please ask! This house is amazing, and it's full of tons of helpful and supportive people, so you'll be able to get answers to anything you aren't sure about.

Happy to have you with us!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Yeah - EOM = End of Month :smile:

Sorry! Ack, I keep doing that out of habit. It's such a common acronym at work that I type it without even thinking. Thank you for jumping in to answer for me, lol.
  • Ainsprid
    Ainsprid Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaws! I'm Linda, I'm 22 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. I would love to join you guys! I really admire Ravenclaw for its intelligence. I would really like to start contributing to House Points and add my OWLS etc but I don't understand just yet :)
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    apparently Sue gave me her cold from last week- share and share alike I guess!
  • LordBezoar
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

So kinda funny story, DW and I had planned on having something decidedly off-diet last night, but we weren't sure what. So we went over to the store and walked through the whole thing and I realized that all I really wanted was an apple with some peanut butter. Three months ago, we would have walked out with a quart of ice cream or pie or something of that ilk. Yay!
  • Ladybezoar
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

So kinda funny story, DW and I had planned on having something decidedly off-diet last night, but we weren't sure what. So we went over to the store and walked through the whole thing and I realized that all I really wanted was an apple with some peanut butter. Three months ago, we would have walked out with a quart of ice cream or pie or something of that ilk. Yay!

I was not so good. I had a big hunk :( It was still within my calories though so hopefully it isn't as horrible as it could have been.
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi everyone! I wanted to introduce myself now that I've joined and I have a minute. I'm Amanda, I'm 26 and live in Northern California. I have a full-time + on call job and I've recently gone back to school full time to work on an additional degree. I'm also working on losing about 30 pounds and improving my overall health and fitness.

I'm excited about a little friendly competition! Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • LordBezoar
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

I was not so good. I had a big hunk :( It was still within my calories though so hopefully it isn't as horrible as it could have been.

In case anyone missed the name similarity, this is DW, who has also decided to join up.