Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ravenclaw Common Room

Replies

• stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Good morning everyone! I am not ready to be out of bed right now, but I can't wait to hit the gym after school. Time to target my "forgotten" areas.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Good morning Ravenclaws! Today has been a great week for me so far (I know it's only Wednesday), I'm way under calories, I'm working out, and I'm not even having cravings! I hope I can keep it up.

Although I love LOTR, walking to Mordor does not sound very inspiring. Aren't we supposed to stay as far away from Mordor as possible? Maybe this is why I'm a Ravenclaw and not a Gryffindor; I want to do the smart thing not the brave thing.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Goooooood Morning Ravenclaaaaaaaaaaawwwsss!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

So tired this morning and we are short staffed today so it is busier than usual. I took some Buckley's Complete Nighttime last night for my chest cold but now I am drowsy today. At least I wasn't up all night coughing though. :smile:

The weather looks like it is going to be nice all week so I should get some bike riding and hiking in this week. Woot!

I hope you have all had a good week so far and that the rest of the week is even better!

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    I did it . . . I upped my calories- deep breathe . . . just 130 calories more but I'm nervous as hell about it. I'll try it for a week or so and see what happens- just have to change my mindset- I already ate an extra protein bar today- but I am STARVING today- which is funny because I only did a short run today so technically I shouldn't be as hungry rgiht? Oh well- not a lot of sleep last night and my legs are killing me. My right calf is really sore- I think it is compensating for the left one being a bit weaker after the surgery. I measured today and my right calf is almost an inch bigger than my left!!!!!! crazy misshapen lady!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    @srp2011 It is a replacement for commercial hair gel. You can buy commercial hair clay as well, but I have been making a ton of hand crafted cosmetics and bath products that I plan on selling on Etsy.
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Morning everyone!

Thanks for all the support. My co-workers have been making me feel better, just because they're so hilarious. My friend & I have plans to start boxing next month, which I'm excited about. And I've started a routine of walking in the morning & at lunch, which seems to be helping. But having you guys here makes me feel sooo good. :heart:

I have been over-eating in calories, but my system is still whacked after camping this past weekend. The overage on calories has decreased since Sunday, but I'm mentally preparing myself that I might go up on the scale. Just another bump in the road. :wink:

Sue, in terms of keeping track of steps, miles, whatever... I highly recommend the FitBit. It tracks... everything. When I walk nowadays I just hit start on it to clock the activity I'm doing, then stop when I'm done. It'll still keep counting my steps & what not throughout my day, and when I get home I sync it up. It shows me how I did on my activities, and how I did as a whole day. What I enjoy is a new feature where it compares how many flights I've climbed to monuments & such. Like, last night, I think I climbed 36 flights of stairs, which is the height of Victoria Falls. It gives me the link, so if I want to look further into it, I click & go. It fulfills my "random facts for the day". :bigsmile:
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Hey Ravenclaw. I am totally enjoying my lunch break with NO homework! I have liesurely scanned the news and now MFP :bigsmile:

@korkster - I want to get a fitbit but haven't had the extra cash to buy one. I think it would be cool to see how "far" I walk every day. The only downside is that through the summer, a lot of my exercise is swimming and bike riding - things fitbit won't track for me. But for the trip to Mordor, they most definity count towards miles travelled!

@momofJandA - you'll be ok **pats her on the back** A few weeks ago, I changed my weight loss goal to .5 pound per week, which upped my calories by 190 and I've been losing weight ever since - and more than the .5 pounds!! Yeah - it was a scary move to make, but I'm glad I did it!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Hey Sue,

I know people have said that FitBit doesn't track bicycling correctly, but I haven't noticed. I use a recumberant bike at home, and it counts as I peddle. I guess it just depends on the positioning.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    Morning Ravenclaws! :drinker: <--- (that is me drinking my coffee)

Whew, been a busy week (but I feel like I say that every week, so not sure that's going to change), but a good one. Have been having a blast at work because we've been doing a karaoke event and singing on our breaks/lunches. Gooood times, lol.

Also attended a 1 hour Zumba class on Tuesday, which I plan to keep doing, so that's exciting. I thought I was going to die by the end of it, but I felt pretty great the next day (which surprised me), so that's a good sign. I have a friend doing it with me, so that makes it better (and we're both pretty terrible, so it makes it easier when I mess up, lol).

Off to work now. Still getting adjusted to the morning schedule, but I'm getting there. I think one more week and I should be good to go.

Oh, and I've been working my arms this week for the challenge, and man, do they need it.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Howdy Ravenclaws,

Had a relatively lazy day yesterday, recuperating from running hills Tuesday night, and getting ready for a mile-repeat workout tonight - apparently these are the two toughest workouts in this speed class, so why not put them back to back, LOL I did get up early today and squeezed in another ab workout - I'm finding I feel really good when I start the day like that - I'm going to have to look into more of these 10 minute DVDs for problem areas...

Hope everyone is gearing up for a great weekend - I just signed up for another 5 mile race on Saturday - we'll see how that goes after these killer workouts...
  • LordBezoar
    Hey Sue,

I know people have said that FitBit doesn't track bicycling correctly, but I haven't noticed. I use a recumberant bike at home, and it counts as I peddle. I guess it just depends on the positioning.

It will track your leg movements, but it is calibrated for calories burned and distance traveled while walking/running. So while it may register your pedaling as steps, these measurements are simply not accurate. I would strongly suggest using an HRM for tracking your cycling activities.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Bleugh lazy week. Kidding myself that I need to rest all week and eat loads to prepare for my race on Saturday. Must stop kidding myself!

Anyways... Prefects for this week are.... Datenshi and Lord Bezoar! Well done you guys!!!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    good morning Ravenclaws!
    Nothing much to report- it rained this morning so I did Ripped in 30 instead of running- hopefully this will help my legs recover too! Although I have to take Sat. off because of my race on Sunday- so that means day off-running-day off- race-- hope that schedule doesn't screw with my time- oh well whatever will be will be
  • datenshi
    Bleugh lazy week. Kidding myself that I need to rest all week and eat loads to prepare for my race on Saturday. Must stop kidding myself!

Anyways... Prefects for this week are.... Datenshi and Lord Bezoar! Well done you guys!!!

Good luck on your race and...

:bigsmile: Woohoo!!! I am so excited! :bigsmile:

Take care,
    Datenshi :flowerforyou:
  • azsuzi
    Hey Ravenclaw! No exercise for me yesterday. I ended up leaving work early to take hubby to the ER. He's ok but it sure did blow my day! I've been doing pretty good with the challenges this week and will definitely be working my arms for the next few days. We had a storm blow through last night and I'm going to be in the yard cleaning up all the branches and crap that now fill my yard.

Well done Prefects! Keep up the good work!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    I've been in and out of doctors office this week, and now its that time of the month. Trying to keep up with exercising but its hard. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday morning, hopefully find out whats going on.

Keep up the good work ladies!
  • datenshi
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hyper today! No real reason for it other than I am bipolar but I think it is freaking out my coworkers (in a good way)...lol :laugh:

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • LordBezoar
    I can't believe it is Friday again... Why, oh, why did I not get more time for homework again this week?
  • LordBezoar
    Good morning Ravenclaws! Today has been a great week for me so far (I know it's only Wednesday), I'm way under calories, I'm working out, and I'm not even having cravings! I hope I can keep it up.

Although I love LOTR, walking to Mordor does not sound very inspiring. Aren't we supposed to stay as far away from Mordor as possible? Maybe this is why I'm a Ravenclaw and not a Gryffindor; I want to do the smart thing not the brave thing.

Keep up the good work everyone!

You could come with me to the Lonely Mountain... Smaug is dead and the dwarves are rebuilding...
  • azsuzi
    A happy Friday to you all! Datenshi - I'm feeling a little hyper today too!! Happy that it's Friday, happy that I finally tied out my month-end reports, happy that the semester is over, happy I have NO homework, happy, happy, happy! Enjoy the day everyone!!