Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, Could someone please repost the googledocs link? My computer has died so I'm on the family one and don't have the link bookmarked.

I weighed myself this morning and I've put on .6 of a kilo! What the hell?! I'm hoping it's just bloating (went out for dinner and over-indulged last night) or possibly an increase in muscle from boot camp? Idk, idk. Just not the number I wanted to see on the scale.

@momofJandA - I've been using a pedometer this week for work, we're doing a charity challenge thing - on my days at work I am getting 12,00-15,000 steps, over the weekend it's very poor! Today it's 1:30pm and I'm only at 2,300 steps! :noway: Kind of an eye opener.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnaZ2CBZ3MgTdGxWaWE5OVU0dkQzRE9hRko0S0huT3c#gid=0

Everyone else, time to start thinking about target weights for the end of June!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Slept 13 hours last night. It was bliss!

EOM goal... I'm shooting for 265. It may be a bit out of range, but I want the push.

And you have a great idea for hiding the scales. I, too, have found myself weighing on the scale throughout the week. I'll try to relax, see if it pays off.

Have a good one!
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Happy Memorial Day to the US. I hope everyone is doing well! For some reason, I've been feeling exhausted, and it's not because I'm working hard. I'm just going to have to push through and get moving-no caffeine, no sugar. Maybe a dance work out to get all jazzed up? lol. Good luck everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    So, just done my 10 minutes solutions DVD abs section, and oooh it hurts! My abs hurt! Bad food choices today though so no food OWL for me. Gah! Also no weight loss, although I wasn't really expecting any after 3.5lb last week, thought my body would have even it out and it has! Oh wells. Happy new week Ravenclaws!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Gah! Another weekend I was mostly :sick: so I didn't do any hiking. Had a rough start this morning with dizzy spells but I seem to be much better now :happy:

It is quite warm and muggy here with temperatures supposed to hit around 90 up here in igloo country.

Not much else to add today other than I wanted to drop in and say Hi!

Have a great week and drink lots of water. :drinker:

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaw! I'm back from a wonderful vacation - it was so good to see my family again! Since hubby and son didn't go, I had some nice one-on-one time with each of my sisters, my mom and step-mom and an old friend that I dearly love. Visited my dad in the nursing home - it was good to see him, but I'm not sure he recognized me. Wish I could have stayed longer.

So - up 3.5 pounds for the week. Would you believe we ate out EVERY night and sometimes for breakfast and lunch? This is my family's normal routine. Its no wonder they are so big!! I look like an elf or other small creature next to them. Its really sad. I hope I was an inspiration to them. They all talk about wanting to lose weight - maybe they will now. *fingers crossed*

So today is laundry day and bookkeeping day then back to work tomorrow. And back to better eating!! I'm glad to be back!
  • HannahWrecksYa
    Options
    Hello! I've been on MFP for awhile but had NO IDEA there was anything Potter-related going on! I'd love to be a Ravenclaw, as that's my Pottermore house. I'm so excited to start!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!! no healthy fruits or veggie substitutions today- and I don't forsee any ab work either . . . but tomorrow is a breand new day ;)
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just realized that I haven't posted in here since Wednesday. Time has flown by. I'm spending this week at home with my parents so that should give me lots of time to exercise!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I have a small vent - I ran in a Memorial Day 5K this morning, and it was supposed to be chip timed, so I started toward the back, and was stuck behind a woman who was taking ehr time walking to the start, playing with her headphones, etc... which shouldn't be a problem with chip timing... but then it turns out they only used the gun time... so my official time was 30:10, but it should have been under 30:00, which I've been trying to break forever... and I forgot to turn off my watch until I had walked for a minute...:angry: I know in the grand scheme of things in the world, this isn't a big deal, but I really wanted to see if I got anything out of that speed class... and with the weather getting hotter, running times will definitely slow down for a few months...

Oh well, I'm going to focus on cross training for a few months... forgot about my abs today, but I did make a few healthy substitutions - went with a health veggie omelet with fruit instead of pancakes or a BLT with fries for lunch :-) And stir fried some fresh zucchini/squash for dinner instead of frozen veggies with sauce.
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Hi guys, tuesday here- I am bored out of my mind... It's exam week in school, so I have to be here for 9 hours but have no classes to teach. Obviously I've got plenty of planning, marking, report writing etc to do, but it's so dull! I'm a teacher because I enjoy teaching, not paperwork!!!

HannahWrecksYa- welcome to Ravenclaw! you should have a message filling you in on how to participate.

Azsuzi- good to have you back! 3.5lb, wowser! Am sure you can get rid of it though!

Srp- I would be annoyed by that as well! I am very particular about timing my runs, if it's more than five seconds under my record then I consider it a big success! So I'd be annoyed if I didn't know my time properly. Grr for you!

Enjoy your day, Ravenclaws!
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I am a little confused as to what challenges we're supposed to be working on...Can anyone help me out? For the week of 5/29 to 6/4, what am I supposed to be doing? Good luck to everyone and keep up the great work!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Exercise: Work on those abs! However you want to do it, but one OWL for every day you work on them.

Food: one OWL for each day you substitute at least one healthier fruit/veggie option for something less healthy you normally would have grabbed or used in a dish.

Spirit: Post!

Also- this week is an extra week (we've already had four this month), so we will still track (there is a column on the spreadsheet for this), but it won't count towards house competitions.

Don't forget to weigh-in if you haven't already!!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    @srp2011- that would annoy the living hell out of me. I am a bit obsessive when it comes to my times- even regular runs I have a specific place where I start and stop my watch (the end of my driveway and the drain pipe). I keep a log of everything so every second faster causes some happiness for me.

It is hot hot hot here today. Okay humid is a better description than hot. Sitting in my classroom with sweat on my face already and its only 10am- its going to be a long day . . . but I knew that at 5:15 this morning when I was running and dying- I hate humid, slows me down.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone (who had it) had a great Memorial Day weekend. So Happy Monday-that-is-not-Monday!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Well, Monday came and went. Between all the sleeping I did this past weekend... I also ate cake. So glad I don't have to do that anymore for the year. Stupid cake. Not so bad, though. Yeah, sure, I went over on allotted calories, but not too hideous. And I had an extra bounce in my step this morning during the walk. Could have been the cake that was bouncing, but I think not.

Two dinner parties this week, but now that I'm back at work my food intake should be much more manageable.

Have a great one!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I went for a hike with my 13 y.o. daughter yesterday. Usually she is lagging behind and taking breaks every ten minutes but this time she led the pace and my heart rate was around 150 most of the time so I had an awesome burn. I think I will let her lead on that trail from now on...lol. We caught some toads for her 7 y.o. brother to look at and we will bring them back on our next hike later this week (they are living it up in our old aquarium outside right now).

This seems like a long week already and it is only Tuesday (I am from Canada so no Memorial Day holiday for us), probably because I was off so much last week from our holiday and being off work sick...lol

I am very happy with my weight loss progress and am thrilled I will soon be in the 240's. So far you can only really see it in my face but I am happy anyway.

I hope you all are having a great week!

Datenshi
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.
    I had to be up early for another dr appointment, but it was the last one for the next 5 months. :) I'm super excited with this news.

I didn't do too well this past week with exercising, and didn't want to do anything today- but popped on here and saw all your inspiring posts and it makes me want to move my booty. Thank you!

Enjoy the rest of the week
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Ravenclaw! Back to better eating and water drinking. I know some of my gain last week was water retention because I was already down a pound this morning. Hopefully the rest will fall off as easily. I am finding it hard to ignore the candy bowls at work again but so far I haven't slipped up. If I can make it through this first week back, I should be over the cravings again. Its really amazing to me how eating carbs (candy, breads, etc) throws my cravings into overdrive!