Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Definitely excited to see all of those great remarks! How fabulous. :) I'm sure they DO think you're cute, by the way. And I love when you get a compliment from someone who normally wouldn't give a compliment easily. Congrats to you for earning it! :)

I went to sing karaoke with some friends last night, and when I was called up, one woman said 'get up there, pretty lady' and then several people started singing Pretty Woman. It was cute and flattering, even if it was coming from some friendly drunks, lol. Kinda made my night.

Hope you're all ready for a great weekend!

[EDIT]: By the way, have I told you lately how amazing this house is? Seriously. You guys rock. :heart:
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm embarrassed that I haven't posted anything since Tuesday! It was a busy, hectic week getting back into routine after vacation. My food choices have sucked this week - this was my first vacation since I started losing and my vacation-food-mindset must still be on duty. And I only worked out once this week. I just haven't wanted to do anything. We'll see how weigh-in goes tomorrow...

Hope you all have a great Saturday!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    One of my regulars at work yesterday gave me a huge and said " wow your getting really skinny" Made me smile that she noticed. :)

Enjoy the weekend everyone.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, peeps!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    we had a birthday party today- I was really good and only ate Little Miss's left over cake, and frankly I'm glad I didn't get my own piece because it wasn't very good :laugh:

I agree we have THE most amazing house!!!!!!!!:heart:
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    So I finished moving all my stuff today to where I'm staying for summer school and my roommate had baked me cupcakes and left me a card. I felt really bad about not eating one so I broke down and ate it. It was really good and one shouldn't hurt me.
  • momofJandA
    Options
    ugg . . . gained a pound this week- sorry ladies- I have no idea why, stayed within calories every day, exercised every day, sodium wasn't bad- I guess it just happens that way sometimes :huh: Of course I am now convinced upping my calories is the culprit. Maybe I'll try 1 more week at 1330 and if I'm not losing or heaven forbid GAINING I will go back to 1200- but in all honesty I am anxious about keeping those cals up for another week . . .
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Sunday Ravenclaws! I have some sad news for me and some good news for our house: I know I gained this week, but my scale is broken. I can't actually weigh myself and report how much, so I'm going to leave it the same as last week. Yay for everyone's good news! Keep up the great work!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Ravenclaws!

I had a very productive day yesterday cleaning our front deck and car. I should have worn my heart rate monitor because I was sweating like crazy so I must have had a good burn...lol.

I hope you are all having a great weekend too!

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to find the challenges for the week- were they posted and I missed them? Thanks in advance.

Tracy
  • momofJandA
    Options
    went for a 6 mile run this morning- YEAH!!! its the longest I have ever run, didn't stop once!!!!, and there were some mighty hills on the new route. I wasn't even dying at the end- could have gone longer. I might just be a "runner" after all.

I don't know what the challenges are this week either

exercise.png
  • rosesquelettique
    Options
    Happy Monday Ravenclaws! Is it wrong that I'm excited for the work week? Weekends always through me off track and I have the best job in the world...

@CivicSista--I have no idea what the challenges are either, but, then again, I usually don't.
    @momofJandA--I love your ticker!

Good luck today everyone!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Gained a pound... and it was worth all the partying I did this weekend. Starting new. :smile:
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    I haven't seen any challenges posted yet, so I think I'm just going to post a couple for us. Hope nobody minds:

Food - Let's go back to one we've used before. Aim to stay within 100 calories of your calorie goal every day. This means you cannot go over by more than 100 calories, but also means that you should not be under by more than 100 calories. It's important to get your nutrition in and be sure you're eating enough, so this challenge should hopefully help encourage you to eat the right foods and stay right at your level.

Exercise - Aim to burn 100 more calories than your average burn per day for the week. You can do this one of two ways. You can either consider how much you'd typically earn for the day and then add 100 to it, giving yourself an OWL for every day you manage this (i.e. if you typically burn 200, aim for 300, if you typically don't exercise at all, aim for 100). Or you can work up how many calories you typically burn in a week and then give yourself 1 OWL for every 100 extra calories you earn by the end of the week (up to a total of 7).

If you have any questions -- feel free to ask! I'll be posting again in a moment, but it's a totally separate topic, so I'll leave this one as it is.
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    I'm not sure if Bronwen has made an announcement anywhere yet or not, so I'll just post here to let you all know since you're my peeps and all. :flowerforyou:

As of June, Bron is stepping down as the Headmistress for Hogwarts for personal reasons. She asked if I was interested in taking over, and I accepted. Sooooo, unless something has changed that I am not aware of, I think Lottee is going to take over as Head of House for Ravenclaw full-time, and I'll just be here hanging out as a member and helping her out as needed. :)

My main goal is to get back to posting the house-to-house results, etc., so hopefully that'll be something we can do to get the houses working together again. I think we're still having trouble in at least one house, but until then, we'll compete with the ones we do have participating.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions/concerns. Hope you're all having a great week!
  • rosesquelettique
    Options
    @kellyisfat--Thank you for coming up with and posting the challenges! And congrats on Headmistress!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've been at a conference since Friday, which has been a real challenge, but I have been trying to make some better food choices than I usually do, and I've been doing a ton of walking - even chose to walk over taking a cab a couple of times when my feet were killing me :frown: So hopefully the scale won't be up too much, and it will come off quickly.

@kelly - congrats on your 'promotion' to Headmistress :drinker:

@momofJandA - I think you are definitely a runner :tongue:
  • momofJandA
    Options

exercise.png

Yeah Kelly- btw you can be headmistress all you want but there is simply no way you are leaving Ravenclaw- nope not gonna happen you love us way too much :love:

srp2011- yeah i think the "runner" tag is officially official- even my husband described me to someone as a runner- took me long enough!
  • rosesquelettique
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I had an amazing day yesterday, so I'm hoping today will be just as great. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • kellyisloved
    Options

Yeah Kelly- btw you can be headmistress all you want but there is simply no way you are leaving Ravenclaw- nope not gonna happen you love us way too much :love:

srp2011- yeah i think the "runner" tag is officially official- even my husband described me to someone as a runner- took me long enough!

It's true! I do! Far, far too much!