Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hola Ravenclaws!

@kelly - Congrats on the Headmistriss gig!!! I will reiterate everyone else's sentiments in that don't leave us behind...lol.

Was at home yesterday with a sick daughter. She is better today and I am back to work in an optimistic, energized mood. Not sure why, I just am. :happy:

I got a lot of cleaning done this weekend and found a great website based on the book the Happiness Project that I am going to use. Still plugging away at eating well but find it hard to log on weekends since I often can't always plan ahead although I am eating good and am more likely well under my calories goal. I am going to try and fix that this coming weekend.

I hope you all had a great start to your week and it gets even better! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting the challenges. The food one will be good for me, will hopefully get my back on track with tracking my food.

Enjoy the day.
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @kellyisfat- Congrats on headmistress!!

I started summer school yesterday and I'm still trying to adjust to sitting in a classroom for 2 hours straight. The best thing about summer school is that I can use the gym on campus for free and go to Zumba classes!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaw! As a work-team project, about 10 of us volunteered today to clean and paint a house to get it ready for a homeless family to move into. It was so much fun and such a good cause! This organization serves a lot of victims of domestic violence and helps the families to start over with such services as GED classes, finding full time work, workshops on budgeting and anger management to name a few. And - my company paid us for the day off to do this!

@Kelly - congratulations on the headmistress position. I had a feeling that Bron was going to be stepping down. If you ever need any help, I'm here for you. I was Bron's Deputy Headmistress and stepped in for her a couple of times when she needed me to fill in.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Wednesday everyone! It sounds like people are having a good weed so far, yay! Keep it up! I am having the worst craving for peanut butter right now...Today might be an eat a lot/exercise it off day. :) Have a great day all!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaw! As a work-team project, about 10 of us volunteered today to clean and paint a house to get it ready for a homeless family to move into. It was so much fun and such a good cause! This organization serves a lot of victims of domestic violence and helps the families to start over with such services as GED classes, finding full time work, workshops on budgeting and anger management to name a few. And - my company paid us for the day off to do this!

What a cool project and so great that your company supports it! I've worked on a few Habitat houses and that was a lot of fun - would really like to get back to volunteering more, if only I could find the time. Maybe after I get moved.

So, back from my conference and the scale actually went down (????, but I'll take it). This upcoming week is going to be crazy - I'm moving next week, and slammed with work that has to be done within the next 2 weeks... I guess I won't be getting much sleep, LOL. So, if I'm not around much, that is why... but I'll be thinking about you guys!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!!!
    Didn't get a run in today (on national running day no less!) Little Miss became quite the needy little miss at 5:15am just as I was about to walk out the door. I guess I should be happy that she woke up before I left and therefore didn't spend an hour crying (DH will NOT get up), but early morning days when I don't get to work out really annoy me :grumble: I lose sleep and NOT calories
  • datenshi
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaws!

It is a beautiful day out today but I won't get to enjoy much of it. It is Wednesday again which means I work both jobs. Well at least I can go outside on my lunch. So far it looks like there might be some good weather this weekend. Saturday is our Annual Ceremonial Review for the cadet squadron and since it is the 70th anniversary of the squadron it is going to be a big community event.

Well I hope you all have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi

"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have." ~Frederick Keonig
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Ravenclaw! Back at work today with loads of month-end reports to do. My desk looks like a hurrican blew through while I was out yesterday!! :laugh: Hope you all enjoy your day!
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have so much homework I'm not sure I'll ever get it done! The good thing is that none of it is for a grade but it's the only thing they give us to study for the test. :grumble:
  • desertlyzard
    desertlyzard Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittlynn,
    I can relate, it seems like the home work is never ending some days (ok, most days) . Just don't' forget to take care of you, as the summer session wears on.
  • datenshi
    Options
    Another day closer to the weekend, thank goodness. I haven't slept in two days and could really use a day to crash. I hope you all have a great day!! :flowerforyou:

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!!! Nice 8 mile run this morning with a pace of 8:38 a minute. I swear if I could just get that pace down to a 7 minute mile . . . but at 5'2" my short legs just won't go any faster :grumble: :blushing:

exercise.png
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!!! Nice 8 mile run this morning with a pace of 8:38 a minute. I swear if I could just get that pace down to a 7 minute mile . . . but at 5'2" my short legs just won't go any faster :grumble: :blushing:

Great job! I wanted to run this morning but it's pouring rain where I am.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hey ravenclaws!

Super quick just to say hi and hope you're all ok! I've had a horrific week- grandparent in hospital, I had to fly home to see them, then fly back because it's exam period and I wasn't allowed anymore time off work. I will scroll through the posts later to catch up and get us all back on track with challenges and so on. Right now though, after a sisxteen hour sleep, I am going to get some sleep and try and readjust to real life. Sleeeeeepy X
  • datenshi
    Options
    @lottee - So sorry to hear about your grandparent and the time crunch you are under. I hope things work out well.

I finally got some sleep last night (I need meds to sleep and got my renewal yesterday) and I feel muuuuuuuuuch better than yesterday.

I am so excited that I reached the 240's today! My highest weight this time was 280 but the first time I started MFP it was 254 so it feels like a real victory to be lower than that.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last day of classes with kids (2 weeks left of school though).
    @Lottee- sorry to hear about your grandparent, hope things get better soon

Another 8 miles today- looking forward to a rest day tomorrow

exercise.png
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Hey guys! Slept for about eight hours, feel a little more human now. I also went for a run, first exercise I've managed in over a week so it was tough, but felt good to finish it! Really odd to be back in Thailand though, after a whistlestop tour of home for a few days, with a full days' flying each end has really thrown me! I also feel really bad knowing my Grandad's in the hospital and I'm not there- he doesn't know I'm not there (probably), and it's better for my gran for me to not be there (she was really stressing about me missing work and so on), and I know logically i couldn't do anything if I was there, but still. Bah, old age is rubbish!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    In house news (I promise to be more hot on this from now on!!) the spreadsheet is ready for your input this weekend. This week, please put in your June target as well as the normal weight, house points and OWLs. If you could also all double check your June starting weight- I copied them across but might have changed a digit or two!

For challenges this week, aim for the following:

Exercise:
    Stretch! This is something so many people miss out, and it's so important! For at least five minutes before your workout, and five minutes after, stretch. It's best to google stretches appropriate for you, as most people need different stretches. Anything which normally aches or twinges after an exercise needs stretching. (Pro-tip: every fitness expert I know says the stretches on Jillian Michaels and most other exercise DVDs are nowhere near enough, so if you already do these, do more!). One OWL for every day you add some stretching to your routine.

Food:
    Different protein sources! One OWL for every day you change the protein source in one of your meals to something other than your usual sources. For example, I'm going to try and not eat chicken 5 times a week! Will be trying different types of fish I think.

Spirit:
    POST!

Enjoy your weekend Ravenclaws x
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Things are crazy here - got back from a conference on Tuesday night, have tons of work, and somehow have to get my apartment packed and ready to move by next Thursday - aaaacccccckkkkk- totally stressed out. The one positive thing is that I didn't gain anything while I was gone - I walked constantly.

@Lottee - so sorry to hear about your Grandad - hope everything turns out ok

@Datenshi - congrats on reaching this next milestone!

@MomofJandA - your speed amazes me - I'd be happy with a 9 min mile for 3 miles :-)