Ravenclaw Common Room

Replies

• datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    WATER TAG! You're it!

:drinker: :drinker: If you read this post, go drink a cup of water! :drinker: :drinker:
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 382 Member
    Hey everyone! I keep forgetting to post in here! Since I started my class two weeks ago my schedule has been weird. This week I'm going to make more of an effort to check in here everyday!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Gah, ok Datenshi, I'm off to drink water! Haha!

Guys, I think I'm going insane. I just spoke to my mum on skype, and was explaining I'm tired because I got up at 4am to go and run in a race. She said, confused 'oh I thought your race was last week?'. It was. I did this nonsense two sunday's in a row! Six months ago I'd have laughed you out of the room, now I regularly get up at silly oclock to run. Mental!

Loved the run today though- it was 7km, which is definitely my distance. 5 seems a little short (another insane thing to say), 10 is definitely too long. Going to look out for 7k races, or 5milers, to sign up for when I'm back in England to sign up for I think.

Did my stretching befire and after the race though, so am on for my exercise OWL today!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Sorry Ravenclaw. I had a 2.5 pound gain this week - back up to 155. Again. :sad: So - my food challenge this week will be to get back to better eating - knock out all of the unneeded snacks that I seem to have added back in. Last week I didn't even log anything. It was an insane week. I'll do better this week!

Congrats to all of you who have done so well on your races! I don't know how you do it - I can barely convince myself to walk my measly 30 minutes, let alone run 5 miles! Well done! :drinker:
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    Sorry Ravenclaw. I had a 2.5 pound gain this week - back up to 155. Again. :sad: So - my food challenge this week will be to get back to better eating - knock out all of the unneeded snacks that I seem to have added back in. Last week I didn't even log anything. It was an insane week. I'll do better this week!

Congrats to all of you who have done so well on your races! I don't know how you do it - I can barely convince myself to walk my measly 30 minutes, let alone run 5 miles! Well done! :drinker:

I feel bad, too, because I had another small gain. Ick. I know it's my fault because I let several of my bad habits creep back in and indulged more than I should have several times. I'm getting back to it, though! The good thing is that I still recognize it and I don't have the urge to just give up and keep splurging.

I'm determined to have a loss next weekend. I can still hit my overal goal for October that I set last year if I get myself in gear, and I'm going to do it! And I'll be cheering for you as well, Sue!

(Not to mention that we need to win some quidditch matches and get some house points adding back up!)
  • kellyisloved
    WATER TAG! You're it!

:drinker: :drinker: If you read this post, go drink a cup of water! :drinker: :drinker:

Haha, well you got me, so I'll go do my duty! Thanks for the trickery! ;)
  • lottee1000
    Happy Monday morning, let's make this a great week!

Results are posted in the Great Hall for last week. We were THIRD in the Quidditch Cup (% weight lost) and are currently SECOND in the House Cup (exercise minutes). Let's try and improve on this next week Ravenclaws! We weren't far off in the Quidditch, so hopefully we'll get a few losses this week to move us up the rankings here (and cancel out Azsuzis and Kellys gains- not to worry you guys, hopefully you'll lose those next week and shoot us into the lead! I lost a bit - 0.9lb, so we're getting there!).

I am giving up chocolate for this week's food challenge. I've just remembered this, and now I want some. Mmm, chocolate... Must resist. Did my pushups this morning as soon as I got out of bed- five real ones and 20 girl ones- am hoping to get it up to 15 real ones by the end of the week!

Don't forget to weigh-in if you haven't already!!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Hey guys, just checking in. Sorry for disappearing, things have been busy lately! And now I have to go to bed, so sleep deprived. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello and yes, I'm still here :laugh:.

Good luck for the rest of the week!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    Hey Ravenclaws-

lost a good amount of weight this week (3lbs or so- can't remember off the top of my head- I weighed in yesterday). Didn't necessarily do it the right way though- I honestly didn't eat enough this week, any day this week. Even the days when my journal says I was close to my calorie goal I wasn't (I would log a serving and only eat 3 or 4 bites kind of thing). It was just a really stressful week- can't see how this week will be much better, but I'm really going to try.

CHALLENGES:
    I will give up diet soda (all soda) this week (and hopefully after).
    Push ups- just what I need

Race on Saturday was good- 25:30 so a 8:13 pace. I swear I will break an 8 minute mile at some point . . . I'll get there.

Updated mile ticker:

exercise.png
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I think I'm back - went missing last week because I was moving (from a 3rd floor apt to another 3rd floor apt - I spent 2.5 days going up and down stairs carrying boxes and logged some serious exercise minutes/burns - can't get that kind of workout in the gym :-) ) It was such a pain, but now at least I'm in one place, surrounded by boxes, so trying to get back into a routine. For the food challenge this week, my goal will be to get back into home-prepared foods rather than the fast food I've been living on. Gained .2 lbs this week, but that is water, I think, from the Sonic I had yesterday to celebrate being finished - I was actually down yesterday morning.

Hope everyone has a good week!
  • datenshi
    Good Morning Ravenclaws!!!

I had a great 4 days of hiking and burned wicked calories. I am going to go tonight again if it doesn't rain. Duct taping my feet was the best thing I ever did. Yesterday I did my long trail once and my short trail twice. Woot! Didn't lose much weight but I feel awesome and I am sure it is helping sculpt the muscles in my legs.

I brought some small medicine ball style weights to work and am doing some exercises at my desk with them to try and build some upper body strength.

Well I hope you all have a fabulous week and drinks lots of water! :drinker:

Datenshi
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    I feel like my scale is messed up. It says I lost almost 2 lbs, down to 134.5 I'm happy, but confused.

Enjoy the week.
  • kellyisloved
    My challenge will be to aviod candy/chocolate. I've been doing terrible with it lately, and I'm always excusing it away, but I really need to get back to not allowing it except for special occasions.

I think I'm gaining again this week, but I swear I'm trying to get it back in line. I might just cry if I have a gain 3 weeks in a row. I'm determined to turn it around. Cheering for all of you as well!
  • azsuzi
    Happy Monday everyone! I'm glad I stopped in for a quick scan of everyone's posts. I was considering a visit to the candy bowl, but you all reminded me that my challenge this week is to forgo the unneeded snacks (read: candy). Sooo - no candy for me today. Thank you all for keeping me grounded!! :heart:
  • lottee1000
    AZSUZI IF YOU'RE READING THIS, NO CANDY!!
    Just a bit of motivation for you there....

Right, Ravenclaws, thank you for all your weigh-ins this week! I am pleased to say that our numbers were better than last week, ,so hopefully we'll do better in the interhouse challenges.

Congratulations to blackhawkgirl91, brittlyn07, datenshi, Korkster, me, matchamatcha, and momofJandA - all good losses this week! And our Quiditch captain for the week is momofJandA for the highest loss of 2.82%! Go girl!

And our prefects for the week, for the most OWLs, are... drum roll please... Datenshi and MomofJandA! Well done you two!
  • datenshi
    Hi All,

The first day of summer falls in this week and for many it is already pretty hot out there. You need to keep your body hydrated so the food challenge I propose is actually about giving your body what it needs most. Water.

Drink a minimum of 8 cups of water a day to earn those OWL's.

Cheers!!! :drinker:

Datenshi
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    Hey Ravenclaws!

Nothing much to report today- nice 6 mile run this morning, 25 push ups done (15 regular/10 girlie), yesterday was day 1 of no diet soda and I succeeded :drinker: , today is day 2- so far so good :smile:
  • azsuzi
    AZSUZI IF YOU'RE READING THIS, NO CANDY!!
    Just a bit of motivation for you there....
    Thanks for the reminder!! I made it through yesterday with no candy, but still got into the chips when I got home :( Oh, well... I'll try again today. But the good news is, I've lost 2 of the pounds that I had gained. I can only assume that it was water retention due to my bad food choices last week.

I got a call from my step-mom this morning with the news that my dad has taken a turn for the worse. If you care to, please send some good thoughts his way. :heart:
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Hey Ravenclaws! I'm sad to report that Lady Bezoar and I are going to take a break from the group for a while. It has been a blast. Cheers!
  • lottee1000
    Hi Ravenclaws! The Bezoars- sorry to see you go, come back any time!
    Azsuzi, am sending positive thoughs your (and your Dads) way. Hope you get some good news soon.

As you may have seen in the Great Hall, in July, challenges are changing. Instead of us having our own in-house challenges, we will be competing against the other houses in the challenges as well as in weight-loss (Quidditch) and exercise minutes (house cup). I think this is a great idea as hopefully it will encourage inter-house chat. The format is described in the Great Hall, but basically one house will set the challenges for one week in the month. Our challenges will be for week 3 of July, but we need to submit them by next Tuesday. This month, I am going to open it up to you guys- if anyone has any challenges they want to suggest, then we will submit those. In future, I might ask prefects or something to do them. But for now, any ideas, post them here so we can discuss them!